You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UFC - thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 185>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:47am
Delighted to see Artem get the win over that w@nker Malignaggi here’s hoping he now f**ks off back into irrelevance.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:47am
Lobov wins by decision LOLLOLLOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:51am
Looked at the highlights there. Boxing skills only get you so far I suppose. Artem has a lot more courage and aggression which seen him through. I guess if it was a boxing match then Paulie would have won but different sport and he needs to show more. At least Artem has bragging rights.

Expect to see them in a rematch in boxing ring
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 11:26am
I must watch the fight when i get a chance today but its hardly a big surprise. Malinaggi was never that good anyway. Annoys me just watching him on sky.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Looked at the highlights there. Boxing skills only get you so far I suppose. Artem has a lot more courage and aggression which seen him through. I guess if it was a boxing match then Paulie would have won but different sport and he needs to show more. At least Artem has bragging rights.

Expect to see them in a rematch in boxing ring

There would be absolutely no interest from anyone in seeing a rematch in a boxing ring and that includes both fighters.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 11:45am
Lobov Clap

7.5 billion people on this planet, only 15 have defeated him. What a GOAT.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

10 oz gloves barely have any cushion which is an important factor. It’s just pure cow hide leather which is arguably stronger than bone

I’ve been concussed from sparring people wearing 10 oz gloves, people like Mayweather always demanded his fights at 16 oz. I just don’t see the point in 10 or 12 oz gloves, not only are you causing damage to your own hands but also to the other person 

That's completely incorrect LOL 10oz maybe, but no chance he demanded to fight in 16's, which are mainly used in training. As someone who just competed, I'm sure you know the difference in speed and endurance when using heavier gloves.

As for lasting damage of bareknuckle vs gloved, they say gloves are more damaging long term because the damage isn't seen due to the cushioning, whereas the damage from bareknuckle is more superficial (You're also dealing with superior skills levels, technique, and in most cases, power with professional boxers). But I would be surprised if there are any studies done on the long term effects of bareknuckle boxing, and if there was, I doubt the findings would be good.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 3:15pm
Yeah the Mayweather point is incorrect, he always argued between 8's and 10's, I have no idea who I was thinking of regarding the point I was trying to make but let's move on from that Big smile

The whole discussion has made me aware of much of a risk you're putting yourself in and the other person whilst Boxing. 
I'm of the opinion Boxing Gloves being more dangerous is a valid point as all the Boxing federations have a minimum oz for your weight class rule for a reason - Heavyweights using 14's and Flyweights using 8's
Tyson Fury trains in 20oz sparring gloves (which have alot more padding than normal gloves) whilst Pacman trains in 10oz competition gloves, I'd hate to see the state of his knuckles.

I'm open to being wrong about this but so far we've had the Bare Knuckle competitors suffer deep cuts, broken noses, broken jaws, lost teeth but crucially none of them with concussion, hence why they scrapped the Headguards in Amateur boxing and Olympics as it was found you have more chance of suffering Brain damage with one than without (Yet I was made to wear one which I wasn't happy about)

Whilst reading all of this up I found out Ali v Frazier Thriller in Manilla was fought in 8oz competition gloves whilst being Heavyweights - That must of f**king hurt LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Yeah the Mayweather point is incorrect, he always argued between 8's and 10's, I have no idea who I was thinking of regarding the point I was trying to make but let's move on from that Big smile

The whole discussion has made me aware of much of a risk you're putting yourself in and the other person whilst Boxing. 
I'm of the opinion Boxing Gloves being more dangerous is a valid point as all the Boxing federations have a minimum oz for your weight class rule for a reason - Heavyweights using 14's and Flyweights using 8's
Tyson Fury trains in 20oz sparring gloves (which have alot more padding than normal gloves) whilst Pacman trains in 10oz competition gloves, I'd hate to see the state of his knuckles.

I'm open to being wrong about this but so far we've had the Bare Knuckle competitors suffer deep cuts, broken noses, broken jaws, lost teeth but crucially none of them with concussion, hence why they scrapped the Headguards in Amateur boxing and Olympics as it was found you have more chance of suffering Brain damage with one than without (Yet I was made to wear one which I wasn't happy about)

Whilst reading all of this up I found out Ali v Frazier Thriller in Manilla was fought in 8oz competition gloves whilst being Heavyweights - That must of f**king hurt LOL

To compare them to today's gloves, where Cleto Reyes gloves are regarded as "punchers" gloves, and Everlast and Grant gloves are meant to protect the hands to a greater degree, they must have had minimal cushioning in those gloves back in the day. And not to mention the thumb being detached from older gloves, causing all sorts of eye injuries.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:30pm
Ben Askren KO'd in 4.8 seconds ffs. 

1 of the most shocking UFC moments of all time.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 4:06pm
3 brilliant ko's on the main card. So much for Rockhold's title run at 205. Easily one of the most smug fighters around.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 8:35pm
Rock hold is such a prick and I almost feel sorry for him. Jones wins with a sloppy performance. Nunes looks like the GOAT.

Askren got a good load of Karma to the chin. He might dial back the sh*t talking after that. He's probably still in orbit. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 11:01am
Cyborg released from UFC.

Contract expired after last fight, she confronted Dana backstage about a rematch with Nunes and her PR team decided to release the video so out of spite Dana’s went f**k you cya later LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:25pm
What makes it worse for her is that she had to come out and apologise for the video because her production team edited it heavily and put incorrect subtitles in for some of what White said. Gettiing released and then having to issue a grovelling apology must be a right kick in the teeth for her.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 11:21pm
Colby coming out to WWE's Kurt Angle 'You Suck' theme LOL

Had Colby written all over that theme.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:16am
Dirty horrible kunt, what do his fanboys have to say about this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-u1B-pPl_c

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:22am
Its time he was locked up
He's scum

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:36am
An utter c*nt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151152153 185>
  Share Topic