Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Ruining Tournaments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UEFA Ruining Tournaments
    Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:30pm
1. messing about with the TV footage during a game , no replay for ages if it comes at all

2. lifting crowd scenes or warm up scenes from prior to the game and insterting them during the game .

3. countdowns to kick off

4. seven nation army after every score

5.  fining bendtner more for his pants than russia for their racism

any more ?

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:32pm
Expanding to 24 teams
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:39pm
Showing close ups of Irish  birds when there was clearly amazing Polish birds in the stadium!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:49pm
as a result of pavlovian conditioning i now depise Seven Nation Army.

The timing of replays was awful
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Markok View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:51pm
showing that blonde Irish bird in the green elverys top in the 3 games. 
Ohhh Kevin Kilbane he used to be Brazilian but he's Irish now
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:53pm
Holding the competition in Ukraine and then pricing Ukrainians out of attending the matches leaving the final and semi and quarters with a load of empty seats.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Holding the competition in Ukraine and then pricing Ukrainians out of attending the matches leaving the final and semi and quarters with a load of empty seats.

yup good one , but also becuase of the logistics in ukraine as well .

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:00pm

Not showing dodgy goals again on big screen (Jelavic against us in Poznan).

Goal line assisants, they do absolutely FOOK ALL.

The stopping of play or forcing an opponent to kick it out when someone goes down "injured".  In rugby leage the physio runs on in play and it never affects the play.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:00pm
They have ruined European club football. f**k the Champions and Europa leagues and f**k their stupid seeding.

The old system was far better.

The countdown to kickoff was a cringe and music after goals shouldn't be allowed. Although it's better for Ireland expanding the competition to 24 teams is bullsh*t.

No more groups consisting of: Germany, Portugal, Holland and Denmark. Even our group of Spain, Italy and Croatia.
It's Jack Shat
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

They have ruined European club football. f**k the Champions and Europa leagues and f**k their stupid seeding.

The old system was far better.

The countdown to kickoff was a cringe and music after goals shouldn't be allowed. Although it's better for Ireland expanding the competition to 24 teams is bullsh*t.

No more groups consisting of: Germany, Portugal, Holland and Denmark. Even our group of Spain, Italy and Croatia.
By in creasing it to 24 teams they have virtually insured this!!
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Not showing dodgy goals again on big screen (Jelavic against us in Poznan).

Goal line assisants, they do absolutely FOOK ALL.

to be fair on the no replay rule thats a rule in all leagues/competition. its standard procedure. Henrys handball wasnt shown again in Paris hence a lot of Irish fans in the stadium not knowing exactly what happened (FIFA comp)

to add to goal line assisstants platini is completely against technology so there is a good chance goal line technology will be at 2014 world and europes leagues in 2013 but will not be allowed in champions league or euro's
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:46pm
24 teams is a joke.
It didnt work at four World Cups.
I remember Uraguay drawing 2 games and losing the third 6-1 to Denmark and they still went through.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

24 teams is a joke.
I remember Uraguay drawing 2 games and losing the third 6-1 to Denmark and they still went through.
8 groups of three makes more sense anyway. If they insist on doing it
Kingkeano16 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

24 teams is a joke.

In fairness, it is surely better for ireland?! I'd rather be at a sh*t Euros than sitting at home watching them on TV! Look at the craic that was had in Poland. Something to look forward to every four years! France here we comeBig smile
Mr Burns: Tonight Homer I want you to show Marge the time of her life.
Homer: Marge! We're getting a drive thru and doin' it twice!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Kingkeano16 Kingkeano16 wrote:

24 teams is a joke.

In fairness, it is surely better for ireland?! I'd rather be at a sh*t Euros than sitting at home watching them on TV! Look at the craic that was had in Poland. Something to look forward to every four years! France here we comeBig smile

In fairness dude i can see where you coming from as Poland was an epic trip , but the craic is only second to the football and you'd want to see Ireland in the best possible Euros that UEFA can make.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:20am

24 teams is a joke.

Surely it dilutes any achievement there is in qualifying though.It undermines the whole European championship. What is the point in teams such as Spain,Italy, Germany etc.  playing a qualifying match? Nearly half the teams entering(45.2% to be exact) will qualify and a lot of the other half have no realistic ambition of making it-Faroes, Andorra,Malta,Luxembourg,Liechtenstein,San Marino,are we a country etc. It is farcical. The reason we partied so much in reaching Poland was because it was 10 years since we had made it and qualification was seen by many as a success, now it will be the minimum requirement and lead,even further, to mediocrity being accepted
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 8:48am
Are ye talking bout replays watching at home or at the stadium? I actually thought the TV coverage was very good. In the stadium they have to delay everything (and as above poster said, not show dodgy goals)
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 9:29am

24 teams is a joke.

Surely it dilutes any achievement there is in qualifying though.It undermines the whole European championship. What is the point in teams such as Spain,Italy, Germany etc.  playing a qualifying match? Nearly half the teams entering(45.2% to be exact) will qualify and a lot of the other half have no realistic ambition of making it-Faroes, Andorra,Malta,Luxembourg,Liechtenstein,San Marino,are we a country etc. It is farcical. The reason we partied so much in reaching Poland was because it was 10 years since we had made it and qualification was seen by many as a success, now it will be the minimum requirement and lead,even further, to mediocrity being accepted
Good point on the percentage Clon.

However, it's another example of the "everyone must succeed and nobody fails any more" situation which exists in modern societies. Look at the Expansion of the "Champions" league where teams finishing 4th get to enter into it.

THe Europa league has been expanded to ensure that as many teams as possible get to play in the Group stages, thus increasing interest, revenue and above all, revenue!!

Also, the more teams which qualify, the greater the amount of spending on travel, tickets, matches, official merchandise.

The bigger the TV Audience, the greater the revenue from TV Rights and associated advertising in more countries.

Spot a common thread here?DeadDeadDead

It's got nothing to do with football and everything to do with revenue, hence UEFAs ridiculous decision to fine a  player more than a National Association.

Bendtner broke sponsorship rules, Russia's fans were not offending any sponsor by being racist. In UEFA terms, Bendtners offence was far greater. ConfusedConfusedConfused 

That said, it would be interesting to see how many people would prefer a smaller group of countries and Ireland NOT to qualify than a larger group of countries and Ireland to qualify!!

My money is on the latter to be honest. It means more when your own country is involved. I watched some dross matches that I probably wouldn't have been a**ed watching because Ireland were involved overall.

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic