You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Nations League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 126>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

All the lads booking Bratislava. Remember what happened last time we played Slovakia right.

FYI they've played all their qualifying games in Trnava. 

But you still fly to Bratislava to get there, it’s only €30 in a taxi
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:29pm

All the lads booking Bratislava. Remember what happened last time we played Slovakia right.

I know, but haven't they just opened a new stadium back in Bratislava. I think they played a friendly there last month. Surely they'll have the play-off match there.?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:31pm
Most likely... Cue the game to be Kosice
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:34pm

Most likely... Cue the game to be Kosice
Or even Zilina...who's for another party train then (minus JD of course)? Big smileLOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 19 Nov 2019 at 9:35pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:35pm

Is there an airport in Trnava?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Don’t think so but its less than 60km from Bratislava anyway. 
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

yeah direct flight from knock 15 euro, i just missed out Cry
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:38pm
UEFA just announced because we're the highest rank host we'll move to league D playoffs with the lowest ranked team (Belarus) there moving up to our spot in B.

That means we play Georgia 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 19 Nov 2019 at 10:39pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm

UEFA just announced because we're the highest rank host we'll move to league D playoffs with the lowest ranked team (Belarus) there moving up to our spot in B.

Behave yourself Lass. LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:41pm

3/10
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:41pm

Put away that rod Lassie
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
LOL

Was hoping I'd reel in at least one 
flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 4:35pm
What time is the draw tomorrow?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

What time is the draw tomorrow?

On Friday at 11am

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 Nov 2019 at 4:41pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 4:51pm
So if UEFA want to give Ireland, Romania and Hungary every chance to qualify will they all get drawn at home for the final or would that look too dodgy?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

So if UEFA want to give Ireland, Romania and Hungary every chance to qualify will they all get drawn at home for the final or would that look too dodgy?

Scotland are in the mix as well.

It wouldn't look good but it is a 1 in 8 chance (I think my maths is not what it was) that three hosts get home draws assuming a Scotland v Romania/Hungary semi final.   
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:34am
There's not a thread for the tournament (that I can see)- so I'll put this question here; 

If we did manage to qualify, my understanding (could be completely wrong, which is why I'm asking) is that we could get one of France, Poland, Switzerland or Croatia as our Pot 2 seeds, and one of Portugal, Turkey, Austria, Sweden or Czechs as the pot 3 seed. Is that any way right ??

We could theoretically end up with a group of Spain, France & Portugal. Some craic that would be. 

Best outcome probably either of Swiss or Poland from 2, Austria, Sweden or Czechs from 3. Fcukin hell, I said elsewhere it could be 2012 all over again if we qualify, looking at some of those possibilities I'll revise that opinion to it could be even worse. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:42am
Yes, all of that is correct. The issue is that the finals draw is done before the playoffs and the seedings are based on these qualifiers alone, rather than a longer term coefficient. As a result, all the playoff winners will be fourth seeds. The last time around, that was definitely not the case: Ukraine were second seeds, Sweden and Hungary third seeds, and ourselves fourth seeds.

Incidentally, I only just saw this on wikipedia, re: 2022 qualifying:

"UEFA has outlined a preliminary structure which would depend on results from the Nations League, although to a lesser degree than the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying play-offs. The ten group winners after the first round (group stage) will qualify directly [for the 2022 World Cup]. Then, the ten group runners-up, along with two teams that are selected based on the Nations League overall ranking, will advance to a 12-team second round (play-offs) to be conducted in two single-match knockout rounds, from which an additional three teams will also qualify."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 126>
  Share Topic