Topic ClosedUefa Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 7:32am
Good god you are delusional

There is a reason why them teams are in the UEFA Cup, they are not good enough to be in the Champions League - FACT

Everton, Bolton, Spurs, Aberdeen. Rangers, Athletico, Villa Real, Bordeaux, Anderlecht, Galatasaray -
--All household names alright Justice ha ha
Sponsored Links

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 8:08am
Lads the Champions League is certainly more difficult to win. You only got to look at the fact that teams that dont make the last 16 of the Champions League are put into the UEFA Cup ffs
The Special One View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 6:28am
Secondly its arguably harder to win the Uefa due to the more matches that have to be played to reach the final than the Champions League final
Thirdly, the Likes of Bayern Munich, Villareal, Forientina, Everton and Spurs to name but a few can hardly be referred to as "2nd Division"

I'm not even going to condone the ridiculus comment thats its harder to win the UEFA Cup than the Champions league, Anyone that actually believes this, should leave these forum and stop supporting football. I'm amazed any sort of half eejet could even post something so stupid.

"Thirdly, the Likes of Bayern Munich, Villareal, Forientina, Everton and Spurs to name but a few can hardly be referred to as "2nd Division""

In relation to the comment above, with the exception of Bayern, all of the clubs mentioned above are 2nd rate in terms of European quality, 1st Rat are, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan....Etc..

Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 7:17am
Originally posted by The Special One The Special One wrote:

"

I'm not even going to condone the ridiculus comment thats its harder to win the UEFA Cup than the Champions league, Anyone that actually believes this, should leave these forum and stop supporting football. I'm amazed any sort of half eejet could even post something so stupid.

"Thirdly, the Likes of Bayern Munich, Villareal, Forientina, Everton and Spurs to name but a few can hardly be referred to as "2nd Division""

In relation to the comment above, with the exception of Bayern, all of the clubs mentioned above are 2nd rate in terms of European quality, 1st Rat are, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan....Etc..

this is a typical response of a bitter Liverpool Fan with no class and no charisma..it's just my opinion that the Uefa is arguably harder to win not just cause of the extra matches but because the teams especially in the latter stages are more closely matched and capable of all beating each other on their day as oppossed to the champions league where this doesn't seem to be the case until the last 16..
Finally talkin of "2nd rate"..Liverpool scumbags got english clubs booted out of Europe for five years taking away any chance of certain teams developing a a "First Rate" European Pedigree and then when reinstated have to go moaning to the British Government and anyone who'd listen when another team finishes ahead of them so they can participate in the Champions League as if its their God Given Rite..I hope to GOD that  Kopitie Know All Pricks like you get the hiding you deserve off the Italian Champions tonite and do the rest of Europe and football fans in general a big favour and f**k OFF
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 7:54am
In the latter stages, the teams are more closely matched. I agree with this, More average teams compete in the UEFA Cup, thats why they're more closely matched. The UEFA Cup is 2nd Rate, The reson these teams are competing in the UEFA Cup is simple, they didn't qualify and aren't good enough for the Champions League.

All English Clubs including Spurs, Everton, Villa etc have had the chance for the past 10 years to firstly qualify for the Champions League and secondly to develop into "First Rate" European Teams.  They haven't done so because they are not good enough. The Eupopean Cup has been running for over 50 years, how many times have Everton, Spurs, Villa Etc won the European Cup???? Once between the lot of I think... that says it all, they are average clubs who if they did manage to qualify for the Champions League would not get out of the group stage.

Liverpool are on a bad run of form at the moment, They are having a terrible season by their very own high standards. Yet they are in the same (or a better) position than Spurs, Villa, Everton Etc..., Liverpool are also in the last 16 of the Champions league.

Everton fans think its the greatest thing in 10-20 years that they are level with Liverpool in the league and they are still in the "2nd Rate" European competition. Thats how sad it is for the Evertonians, this is there ambition, to be ahead of Liverpool. Its fairly sad if you ask me.

Looking forward to the Big Champions League games tonight and tomorrow when the pinnacle of European Clubs compete for the top prize in World Club Football. Unfortunetely I won't get to see any UEFA Cup action on Thursday as I HAVE TO HOOVER THE FLUFF OUT OF MY POCKETS..!!!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 9:35am
Dear oh dear more bitterness have you ever heard of money ? Why do you think Everton haven't been able to compete for the past ten years ? Because lack of money is the main reason and the damage done from been banned from europe in the previous decade. Also with regards to your comment Thats how sad it is for the Evertonians, this is there ambition, to be ahead of Liverpool. Its fairly sad if you ask me. Let me put it this way..when Liverpool beat Everton at Anfield in March 2005 why did they celebrate on the pitch as if they have won the league title ( Everton still finished 4th ahead of Liverpool that year by the way)? It doesn't bother me if Everton finish ahead of Liverpool or whoever as long as they get the fourth spot as it would mark progress that has been slow but steady as a result of good management and sound investment over time..teams like Liverpool who throw money at everything will eventually be left high and dry and get what they deserve - Nothing
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 9:57am
I've heard of money alright....!?!? And what generates money? Success and A Massive World Wide Fan Base. Liverpool are the most successful team in the history of the English game, Thats why they have fans all over the world, Selling shirts and other merchandise in Scandanavia, Australia, America, ASIA etc... This creates money. Why don't the toffees do this cos nobody wants to buy there poxy shirts...!!

Success also creates money, Winning the champions League creates money, Winning FA Cups or any trophey for that matter creates money. Until the toffees are qualifing for the Champions League on a regular basis or winning regular tropheys, they will never generate enough cash to attract top players.

( Everton still finished 4th ahead of Liverpool that year by the way)
The fact you had to point out that you finished ahead of Liverpool for one season is prove enough to me that finishing ahead of the mighty Reds for one season was your biggest achievement for the past 10 years or further proves the fact that it meant an awful lot to you pathetic blue nose idiots.

Liverpool are a club with pride and ambition, they set out every season to win the league title or capture another European Cup, Everton have 2 goals at the start of every campaign, Number 1 is Try finish ahead of Liverpool and Number 2 is to try finish 4th in the Premiership. Thats how sad it is, you aim to finish 4th... Maggots...!!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 10:06am
Lads, forget about these English Clubs and go support Sporting Fingal Thumbs%20Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 11:00am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 11:01am
Enough said...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 12:31pm
Confused
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 3:50pm
 Smile Smile 2-0 to the pool....and  to all ye evertonians   Moony%20Wave 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 4:53pm
Tirchonaill: Clap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

Where do you get all these yokes above from Pinichio?

"bitter Liverpool Fan with no class and no charisma"-

you followed this up with a flurry of insults, slightly hypocritical-

Agreed HM Sporting 'a tache' Fingal all the way.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 5:56pm
Fook that Bob, the Pool are now winning again!!.....I'm MESSING Justice!
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 2:30pm

I liked your reply Justice Shark... Very Good.

Great win for the mighty Reds last night.. One foot in the 1/4 Final of the greatest club competition inthe world.

Best of Luck in the UEFA Cup tomo night... Is there UEFA Cup Games tomo night????

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 2:39pm
Is the UEFA Cup on tonight or is is Thursday night football
The mighty Bolton have a good chance of winning it
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 2:44pm
The league i'm playing in at the moment is extremely tight, it's arguably harder to win than the Premiership

Edited by GerKeano - 20 Feb 2008 at 2:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic