You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U2 - Point Depot - Dec 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:22pm
Sid you are the only I know that thinks that. Although its not impossible that a north country boy like Antrim man totally disagrees with you. Although he is a weirdo. :)
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:29pm
The charlatans

U2
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Sid you are the only I know that thinks that. Although its not impossible that a north country boy like Antrim man totally disagrees with you. Although he is a weirdo. :)
Please clarify your gramatically incorrect post. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:42pm
Ha ha
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 11:54pm
Hadn't heard this for about 25 years before today when I stumbled across it on YouTube. What a tune, the sound of a hundred mid to late 80s European football and cycling review segments on Sports Stadium*. I can just hear Jimmy Magee commentating on Sean Kelly racing furiously past his two minute man on the Clonmel-Carrick-on-Suir time trial in the Nissan Classic over it. Also brings back great memories of Sky Channel's Dutch football coverage in 1987, one of my formative football experiences and when I was introduced to Ruud Gullit and Marco van Basten.

U2 - Boomerang

*Along with A-Ha's "The Sun Always Shines On TV".

Edited by sid waddell - 11 May 2015 at 11:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 12:22am
A-ha👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:37am
Like Ulysees for literature nerds, I find myself continually coming back to U2's back catalogue lately. 

Glastonbury started tonight and I had a listen back to U2's set from the world's premier music festival from 2011. 

Despite making a series a series of sarky comments on rival forums and Twitter at the time about how poor it was, in a Ruth Dudley Edwards revisionist manner I now think it was a truly superb set, filled with the sort of energy and aggression more typical of men 30 years younger.

Achtung Baby is quite possibly the greatest album of all time.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:47am
Opened up with a series of songs from achtung baby. Cracking opening to the set.
AKA pedantic kunt
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:50am
Achtung Baby is indeed an absolute classic Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Opened up with a series of songs from achtung baby. Cracking opening to the set.
The opening with "Even Better Than The Real Thing" was particularly good.

I may even have a listen to their more recent sh*t albums as a result of all this.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:02am
Yes the drum intro to it was good, worked far better live than the actual intro itself Thumbs Up
You don't know Bo?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:06am
September 1, 2001. 

I attended the following:

i) Eire v Holland at Lansdowne Road.
iii) U2 live at Slane.

Beat that.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:39am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

September 1, 2001. 

iii) U2 live at Slane.

Beat that.

Where did you go in between?
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 1:56am
Originally posted by eire77 eire77 wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

September 1, 2001. 

iii) U2 live at Slane.

Beat that.

Where did you go in between?
Yes, I realised soon after posting that somebody would pull me up on that mistake.

I got a lift from my very obliging father after the match. Forum member Trap Junior was also in the car. I stopped to buy six cans of Druids cider at an off-licence in Swords (we went via Drogheda) and somehow drank four of them in the car between Swords and two miles outside Slane, where I was dropped off. Trap Junior attended neither event. That night I slept in the car of somebody I never met. The whole day was very enjoyable, really.

I bought my ticket from an acquaintance for £100 that morning. About six of us then went to the Isaac Butt opposite Busaras to drink while watching Australia play New Zealand in a rugby union football match. While watching this match one of my acquaintances realised he had lost his ticket for U2. He eventually dialled the operator and got through to the Dublin Bus lost property office. Incredibly his ticket had been handed in by a driver who was on his last run before heading to Lansdowne. After this I engaged in Kerry-style cute hoor banter with Dutch fans who were drinking in the pub and convinced them they'd win 3-1 and that Richard Dunne was literally unable to kick the ball properly. I maintain to this day that this contributed to a false sense of security amongst the Dutch and contributed to the Eirish win.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 2:29am
Incredibly, that post makes more sense than many others on here tonight
boywonder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boywonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 10:51am
When are tickets going on sale for these gigs
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 2:07pm
Tickets for the concert in Belfast secured they don't go on sale till Monday but have learnt over last few months they can sell the disabled tickets before hand
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Tickets for the concert in Belfast secured they don't go on sale till Monday but have learnt over last few months they can sell the disabled tickets before hand

Clap grand job, although I panicked for a second when you said you got them secured before i finished reading the post! LOL

Edited by Bo Jackson - 11 Sep 2015 at 5:57pm
You don't know Bo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic