Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U19 European qualification group

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

How does the seeding work? 

Surely we have one of the best qualifying records and will be 1st / 2nd seed? Assume Armenia are top seeds in group A as hosts. 
Almost guaranteed that one team out of Ireland, Norway, Czech Republic and Armenia will be in the semi-finals, let’s hope it’s us. 

I think they’ll stick with the squad that qualified for the tournament but expect Parrott and Idah to be drafted in if there’s any injuries. 

From Wiki

The final draw will be held in spring or early summer 2019 in Armenia.[5] The eight teams are drawn into two groups of four teams. There is no seeding, except that the hosts Armenia are assigned to position A1 in the draw.

So an open draw, Look to avoid perhaps two or a group with of the following Spain, Italy and Portugal and we'd have a very good chance of making the semis.

A group of Armenia, Czech R, Norway would be the the dream
How do you know that wouldn't be the worst draw? How do we know the Czechs and Norwegians aren't the teams to avoid?

Well tbh I don't but Spain , France, Italy and Portugal  have a decent record at under 19 age level they have 12 championships between them ( 7,3, 1,1 respectively)

compare that to

Armenia - only their second appearance, didn't make out of group last time (2005) qualified as hosts this time.

Czech Rep- runners ups once in 2011

Norway- qualified 5 times yet to get out of the group

I don't think any of those players are eligible now! 

Yes they are eligble.
Czech Republic team of 2011 is still under nineteen? That is a seriously talented group of lads!
Sponsored Links

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 4:35pm
LOL

Edited by JoxerDaly - 27 Mar 2019 at 4:35pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Is anyone thinking of heading over to these championships? Planning to go over if things work out at a decent price. Armenia seems to be around Georgian prices so not too bad.
Had a quick look at it myself, getting there is tricky enough your probably looking at €450rtn I have a weeks holidays from work during those championships  so I'll have another look at it
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Is anyone thinking of heading over to these championships? Planning to go over if things work out at a decent price. Armenia seems to be around Georgian prices so not too bad.

It's only about 3 and a half hours from where I'm based but unfortunately they start a few days after I fly back home for the summer so won't get to them. Would have been great to see a couple of the games.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:40am
Qualification round draw made for 20/21  We will meet Poland, Bosnia & Estonia games to be played next Autumn.  Hosts TBD

The under-17 draw was also made Slovakia, Northern Ireland and Estonia again hosts TBD.

Waiting on elite under-17 draw.  
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:48am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Qualification round draw made for 20/21  We will meet Poland, Bosnia & Estonia games to be played next Autumn.  Hosts TBD

The under-17 draw was also made Slovakia, Northern Ireland and Estonia again hosts TBD.

If i understand the FAI tweets correctly we will host both. They could be badly written though (for a change!)
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:00am
looks like it although uefa.com not updated yet.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Home games and very winnable games...seems an easier task than what we faced last month when discipline let us down.
What's the birth-date cutoff for this tourney?

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:18pm
Slovakia Scotland and the Czechs in the elite under-17s.  Greqat chance to reach the finals in Estonia.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:39pm
Games are in Scotland 25,28 & 31/3.  
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:47pm
OK, I'm confused.
Check out these two tweets from the FAI:

So..what am I missing?!
How can our U19's be playing in two separate comps, in two different groups against diff opponents on the same dates?

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:35pm
because we have that much talent coming through at that level we  have 2 teams.
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:49pm
One is a nations league type thing, the other is the actual qualifiers
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:53pm
A1, Sharon!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

One is a nations league type thing, the other is the actual qualifiers

Yep, I get that but but when are they being played so?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic