You Boys in Green Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U17's - Have done us proud at Euro 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353637
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:56am
Im 100% correct as "on or inside the corner arc" includes the whole ball just not the bottom of it. I never mentioned anything about placing the ball.
You should be a SOLICITOR :)
Sponsored Links
yle="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px" data-ad-client="ca-pub-4402877878337061" data-ad-slot="6106292016">

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:04am
  • The ball must be placed in the corner area nearest to the point where the ball passed over the goal line
  • The ball must be stationary and is kicked by a player of the attacking team
  • The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves; it does not need to leave the corner area
  • The corner flagpost must not be moved
  • Opponents must remain at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the corner arc until the ball is in play
  • IN MEANS THE AREA ENCLOSED BY THE ARC AND THE ARC ITSELF. THE BALL MEANS ANY PART OF BALL ie CIRCUMFERENCE.

lads sorry about this but when someone asks a petty question you have to get a petty answer Now Im pissed off with this thread so good luck !!!!!!!!!! If anyone wants have a further chat over this I will be in or outside The Harp Moulin Rouge next Sat n Sun n Mon with a stupid hat on with badges more then likely langers :) We can set up a small goal outside and take a few pens. PS im making fun of last Monday as just like me I know it wasn't easy to take.
    Hans Moleman View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton
    Alex for Sam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 2:38pm
    Proudand not you seem to be upset!! Yet we are in agreement. The circumference of the ball is all that has to be in the arc as per your statements above.

Related image

The corner above is totally legal, as even if the ball isn't touching the whites of the line of the arc (very tight to see if it is ), the circumference of the ball is over the whites of the arc. So it's legal.
    "I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
    SuperDave84 View Drop Down
    Paul McGrath
    Paul McGrath

ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 3:44pm
    Also, in the above picture, if we assume that the ball is next to the sideline rather than the goal line there, a player could be standing on the goal line and seem "offside", but you can't be offside from a corner.
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton
    Alex for Sam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 7:43pm
    Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Also, in the above picture, if we assume that the ball is next to the sideline rather than the goal line there, a player could be standing on the goal line and seem "offside", but you can't be offside from a corner.
    That is what I presumed. Why did RB ask when can you be offside from a corner?  I always thought there is no situation.
    "I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
    Pubes View Drop Down
    Davey Langan
    Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:02pm
    bhob View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton

Man U Cyclops. Heir to Ken Barlow

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:07pm
    It would infuriate you no end looking at how often they got away with it in crucial moments of that tournament
    BigStrongMan View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:11pm
    Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

It would infuriate you no end looking at how often they got away with it in crucial moments of that tournament
    His trailing foot is well on the line in above picture
    PM me for all forum moderation queries.
    ShamtheRam View Drop Down
    Paul McGrath
    Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:39pm
    Originally posted by Pubes Pubes wrote:

Back foot is on the line... What's the problem here?? ConfusedEmbarrassed
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.
    Devrozex View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:40pm
    I'm assuming his point is that the Irish keeper's trailing leg was also on the line.

"This is what separates the men from the fagg*ts." Dec. Jerry Lynch
    Denis Irwin View Drop Down
    Robbie Keane
    Robbie Keane
    CP30- running low on WD40

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:52pm
    Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

So was Jimmys 
    Malone: Isn't that just like a Wop? Brings a knife to a gunfight! Go on get outta here ya Dago bastard. Go on get your ass outta here!
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton
    Alex for Sam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 5:39pm
    Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The keeper must be on the line until the ball is struck. On the line meaning both feet on the line. The keepers foot here is clearly about half a yard off the line. The Irish keeper as shown by the still, was probably touching the line as the ball is struck. The inconsistencies among referees at the exact same tournament are scary. Disgraceful actually. 
    thebronze14 View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:16am
    Are we really still talking about thisEmbarrassed
    F.A.I-lure
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353637
      Share Topic