You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 334>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:06pm
To be clear, I'm not making an equivalence. I'm just talking in the more general sense about parliamentary enquiries and parliamentary decision making, against individuals. Unlike in a court, it comes with all the partisanship one would expect of people looking to secure re-election, and it is why there are risks, when it comes to making findings of fact, in that forum. Don't get me wrong, those on the side of impeachment are in the right, but that is within the four walls of that. To me, its obvious that a majority voted for impeachment, and not all of those that didn't haven't  gone down the line of "case closed, leave him alone". However, to Trump and his sycophants  this is a vindication, when in fact it was a procedural exoneration at best. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not what I asked?

Are you actually saying you can't be a rapist unless convicted? 

I may have phrased it badly. I meant being accused of rape doesn't automatically make one a rapist. I know a couple of Modest Mouse fans who are vehement that Isaac Brock was falsely accused of rape by some "trollop", yet they change their values and become some great defenders of women as soon as Donald Trump is accused of the same thing.

Maybe it's a bad example but that's kind of what I'm on about re: weaponising of a very delicate subject.

The original poster Greencockade had said he had multiple cases coming up against him including one for rape, he didn't say Trump was a rapist. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:43pm
I see that neo-con and racist dirtbag Rush Limbaugh has passed away. 

Unfortunately his long time poisonous input into the political discourse in the States will be around for a long time. 

He was a Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient along with Rosa Parks and Mother Theresa. Whatever value that medal had went out the window when Trump awarded it to Limbaugh and that sycophant moron Devin Nunes. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 7:01pm
Scum. The media in the US is off the Richter scale for madness and malice and illustrates why the country is in the state it's in. Toxic shock jocks like this gobsh*te are ten a penny. Throw in Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, all the evangelical loons, etc and you get the picture on the Trump phenomenon. A huge chunk of the news people ingest consists of outright lies, conspiracy theories and deliberate misinformation. Short step from all of that to the Capitol, with a Confederate flag in one hand and a gun in the other.

Edited by Green Cockade - 17 Feb 2021 at 7:01pm
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 11:04am
I see Ted Cruz dropped his kids to Mexico apparently while the state he holds a senate seat for is in crisis with the worst weather in decades. Good man Ted.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 4:34pm
The NY District Attorney just received the last 8 years of the Trump Org. tax returns.

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 25 Feb 2021 at 4:35pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 7:21pm
Some good reading there, no doubt, given the efforts made over the years to keep them secret. His appointees at SCOTUS have shafted him again. The year from hell starts now for the Donald. Lock him up ! Four more years !
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 7:32am
Lovely to wake to up to the news that old Sleepy Joe is bombing the freedom into Syria this morning. What a nice man and he has family in Mayo and all; we should be very proud.. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:07pm
Republicans are passing draconian state laws to clamp down on voting rights

Democrats need to get their sh*t together and pass sweeping federal voting rights laws to obliterate the racist gerrymandering once and for all

Because if they don't, they'll never win again
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:41pm
They're trying to. Ending the Senate filibuster would open the doors but Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema are the Dems' weakest links there. Republican gerrymandering is outrageous and the Electoral College system is grossly disproportionate in representational terms in their favour even without this plethora of new bills being created to fix voting problems that do not exist. The dice are loaded. Creating new states of Washington DC and maybe Puerto Rico might help, maybe look at the likes of Guam, Virgin Islands and other dependencies also. Or split California into seven new states ? The Dems do indeed need to get their act together now when they have the Presidency, the House and the Senate. Trump's legal quagmires and the GOP eating itself are bonuses for the time being.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 4:33pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:49pm
6 years to the day since the Obama/Biden-backed conflict in the Yemen began.

So far at least quarter of a million people have been slaughtered.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 26 Mar 2021 at 8:50pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 9:12pm
The Biden regime's press Secretary, Jen Psaki, worked for an Israel company complicit in the persecution of Palestinians through mass surveillance:

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:51am
Biden has inexplicably f**ked up in Afghanistan so badly, that i can see this leading to his downfall. I mean, if Trump did this there would be outrage 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Biden has inexplicably f**ked up in Afghanistan so badly, that i can see this leading to his downfall. I mean, if Trump did this there would be outrage 

Has this not been American foreign policy in Afghanistan for 20 years? 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 11:58am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

started with trumps deal with the taliban which the afghan gov had little choice but to implement.

The US intelligence has been poor in the extreme so you have to wonder how willing they’ve been to accept what they have been told so they could leave this year.
Biden looks very weak here but ultimately means f**k all to the average Joe in America.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 12:05pm
Well, we're talking about a country where a large part of the news media directed more criticism at Trump for saying "big league" than they are at Biden for this.

So quelle surprise.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 3:22pm
Trump is to blame for a lot of things but certainly not Afghanistan or his attempted dialogue  with the Taliban.  

I wouldn't even blame Biden either as they have to withdraw their forces. They can't stay there and fight the Taliban forever so it's lose-lose situation. Wasn't Afghanistan known for being the 'Graveyard of Empires? 

No decent person wants to see the Taliban back in charge but that's a matter for the Afghans. If the Taliban want international recognition and any possible economic sanctions lifted then an international agreement that safeguards women's rights as much as possible under their system and the guarantee that Afghanistan won't be a base for international terrorism is the best possible outcome at this stage for everyone.  

The Taliban can be pressured economically by the international community if they revert back to their human rights abuses of women but sending foreign troops into their country is not the solution. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328329330 334>
  Share Topic