You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 334>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Trump wants to "delay"* the election

What a surprise, not

*cancel 

Have you watched any of the Lincoln project ads Sid? 

I know they're Bush-era neocon pro-war scumbags but their ads are excellent in nailing trump. They know how to hit him in fairness and if it helps get rid of him in November, then the Democrats should accept their help. 
Maybe, that doesn't mean they're not scumbags though

And these ****s would start looking for influence and positions in a hypothetical Biden admin - the corporate Dems would be only too eager to give them it too 

Where are the ads ctually airing, that's the question, from what I hear the ads are not really airing where they're needed, having an ad go viral online for about an hour is grand but you need to be consistently airing these ads on prime time television in the swing states

I still think Trump will "win", and when I say "win", I mean fix, intimidate and voter suppress the f**k out of the election so he fake "wins" - Biden would walk any free and fair election

America is sooooo fooked
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 6:53pm

Trump wants to "delay"* the election

What a surprise, not

*cancel 

Have you watched any of the Lincoln project ads Sid? 

I know they're Bush-era neocon pro-war scumbags but their ads are excellent in nailing trump. They know how to hit him in fairness and if it helps get rid of him in November, then the Democrats should accept their help. 
Maybe, that doesn't mean they're not scumbags though Which is the point I made LOL

And these ****s would start looking for influence and positions in a hypothetical Biden admin - the corporate Dems would be only too eager to give them it too You watch the same independent media channels I do. Agree LOL

Where are the ads ctually airing, that's the question, from what I hear the ads are not really airing where they're needed, having an ad go viral online for about an hour is grand but you need to be consistently airing these ads on prime time television in the swing states I think they air in D.C. and the states where it has maximum impact. The Republicans know how to campaign so i wouldn't doubt their effectiveness here. One of them was a campaign manager/strategist. They definitely know their stuff.

I still think Trump will "win", and when I say "win", I mean fix, intimidate and voter suppress the f**k out of the election so he fake "wins" - Biden would walk any free and fair election I have this fear as well but I think Biden has hired a team of lawyers to aggressively look into any cases of election irregularities so it may be more difficult for Trump or Russia to rig it. The Democrats are on high alert in a way that they weren't in 2016. A huge voter turnout will also make it more difficult for Trump. 

America is sooooo fooked
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 7:13pm
Herman 'Uncle Tom' Cain has died from coronavirus. 

The science denying moron who already had a weakened immune system attended a Trump rally and was tweeting that people were fed up about having to wear masks. 

Maybe some more of the right wing idiots may take note. 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 7:52pm

You watch the same independent media channels I do. Agree LOL
What do you watch

What do I watch

Give me 10 good Twitter accounts on US politics to follow

I still think Trump will "win", and when I say "win", I mean fix, intimidate and voter suppress the f**k out of the election so he fake "wins" - Biden would walk any free and fair election I have this fear as well but I think Biden has hired a team of lawyers to aggressively look into any cases of election irregularities so it may be more difficult for Trump or Russia to rig it. The Democrats are on high alert in a way that they weren't in 2016. A huge voter turnout will also make it more difficult for Trump. 
Biden has hired a team of lawyers - wow, that is sooooo reassuring, a team of lawyers will always defeat a fascist using fascist tactics, just like every time in the past, oh wait

The likely reality is that the last election was hacked so Trump "won"

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 7:58pm

Herman 'Uncle Tom' Cain has died from coronavirus. 

The science denying moron who already had a weakened immune system attended a Trump rally and was tweeting that people were fed up about having to wear masks. 

Maybe some more of the right wing idiots may take note. 
There is no light bulb moment, surely that's obvious by now

A more likely reaction is "They MURDERED him!" 

Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Lads, as bad as you might think America is, if someone loses an election then they'll be out of office. I wouldn't worry about that.

No worries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:29pm

You watch the same independent media channels I do. Agree LOL
What do you watch

What do I watch

Give me 10 good Twitter accounts on US politics to follow

Biden has hired a team of lawyers - wow, that is sooooo reassuring, a team of lawyers will always defeat a fascist using fascist tactics, just like every time in the past, oh wait

The likely reality is that the last election was hacked so Trump "won"

I don't really use twitter but I'd watch the David Pakman Show, TYT and John Oliver/Colbert for the more humorous lighter take on things.

There will be interference in the election but it doesn't mean it's a foregone conclusion that Trump will definitely win this year either. He's gotten away with everything so far so I wouldn't write him off especially with the republicans ability to gerrymander/suppress the vote etc etc but he knows he's in trouble in the polling too. 

Given the way their system is set up, Biden will probably win even more of the popular vote than Hilary did but if he defeats Trump in the electoral college, it will be closer than people think even though Biden is +6 minimum up on him overall in the polls nationally. 

Edited by irishmufc - 30 Jul 2020 at 8:30pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Lads, as bad as you might think America is, if someone loses an election then they'll be out of office. I wouldn't worry about that.

No worries.
No worries. They have the best seperation of powers in the Western World. It'll be grand.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 8:58pm

No worries.
No worries. They have the best seperation of powers in the Western World. It'll be grand.

LOL
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:48pm

No worries.

LOL
They do. The president can't make any laws, that includes changing their constitution which would need 3/4 of all states to agree. Along with the house and senate.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:24am
Way too much unfounded faith has been placed in American institutions, they've crumbled like a house of cards. Democrats' opposition has been meek.

Fascists don't care about laws. And it's not even laws we're talking about here. It's "norms". Fascists f**king laugh at "norms". 

A group of national security experts have war gamed out different scenarios for the election and what they found isn't good.

The delusion about what's likely to happen in November and beyond is staggering. Four years of the complete demolition of US institutions, and still some people are putting their faith in...US institutions. You couldn't make it up.

I cannot believe that some people still do not realise that Trump is a Russian-controlled fascist and kleptocrat who has an iron grip over the Republican party, a massive industrial propaganda machine behind him, and millions of armed and dangerous cultists willing to kill for him. He is only too willing to do whatever it takes.

“All of our scenarios ended in both street-level violence and political impasse,” said Rosa Brooks, a Georgetown law professor and former Defense Department official who co-organized the group known as the Transition Integrity Project. She described what they found in bleak terms: “The law is essentially ... it’s almost helpless against a president who’s willing to ignore it.”

Using a role-playing game that is a fixture of military and national security planning, the group envisioned a dark 11 weeks between Election Day and Inauguration Day, one in which Trump and his Republican allies used every apparatus of government — the Postal Service, state lawmakers, the Justice Department, federal agents, and the military — to hold onto power, and Democrats took to the courts and the streets to try to stop it.

If it sounds paranoid or outlandish — a war room of seasoned politicos and constitutional experts playing a Washington version of Dungeons and Dragons in which the future of the republic hangs in the balance — they get it. But, as they finalize a report on what they learned and begin briefing elected officials and others, they insist their warning is serious: A close election this fall is likely to be contested, and there are few guardrails to stop a constitutional crisis, particularly if Trump flexes the considerable tools at his disposal to give himself an advantage.

“He doesn’t have to win the election,” said Nils Gilman, a historian who leads research at a think tank called the Berggruen Institute and was an organizer of the exercise. “He just has to create a plausible narrative that he didn’t lose.”

The very existence of a group like this one, which was formed late last year, underscores the extent of the fear in Washington’s political circles — and beyond — that Trump will take the same hammer he has used to fracture the norms of executive governance over the past three years and upend the nation’s delicate tradition of orderly political transitions of power by refusing to concede if he loses.

“We have norms in our transition, rather than laws,” said Rachel Kleinfeld, a senior fellow in the Democracy, Conflict and Governance Program at the Carnegie Foundation, who was not part of the game. “This entire election season is something a democracy expert would worry about.”

------ 

“How well is our constitutional legal system designed to deal with an incumbent president who insists that he won an election but for the presence of fraud?” said Lawrence Douglas, a professor at Amherst College who has written a book on what would happen if Trump took such a stand. “And I think the rather unfortunate answer is our system is not well designed at all to deal with that problem,” said Douglas, who was not involved in the game.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:27am
When I say four years of the demolition of US institutions, I should say four decades at minimum - and in reality the US has never been a proper democracy. It's a white supremacist ethnostate and has always been one.

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:31am

No worries.

LOL
They do. The president can't make any laws, that includes changing their constitution which would need 3/4 of all states to agree. Along with the house and senate.

We can't change our Constitution without the consent of the people. What makes the separation of powers in America any better than in Ireland?
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 12:46am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

No worries.

LOL

We can't change our Constitution without the consent of the people. What makes the separation of powers in America any better than in Ireland?
In Ireland and other Westminster style countries, there is no seperation between the legislature and the executive. 

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 8:33am
You could argue that is a virtue, as the executive is answerable to the legislature. In America the cabinet is appointed (rather than elected) and can do what it wants (within the bounds of the law) without the consent of the legislature. Now of course in Ireland and countries with a similar system, the executive normally comprises of a party (or parties) that hold a majority in the legislature and can normally pass legislation without issue but that isn't always the case. Just look at what happened in Westminster with Brexit before the last British election. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:40pm
Under the current circumstances, an election cannot be held there just because it's the first Tuesday in November, as it always was. It's clearly not safe, and the idea of holding it then is madness. The queues to vote are very long, and with several elections being held on the same day, the voting itself takes much more time than in an European election. 

The campaign trails for both sides have already been severely curtailed, the conventions have been cancelled, I don't think there's any appetite to hold elections there atm, and if there is, there shouldn't be. They could maybe do an online poll or something, with a number of security measures in place so that each ballot cast is valid and reflects the preference of every voter. It would probably hurt the Republican base more, as they tend to be older voters and less able/willing to change their voting habits. Whether that can be put in place in 3 months is another thing, but they'll have to come up with an alternative solution or postpone the election. There are no elections held anywhere atm, and not much political activity either, so there has to be another way than queueing for hours to cast your vote. You certainly can't expect to have 150m people queueing up for anything on one day atm, with no consequences. Even the Democrats must recognise that there are some more important things than getting Trump out of office. 
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:12am

So who's behind this "Bitcoin" Twitter hack? Gonna have to be obvious and say Russia. 

Whoever it is, it's a shot across the bows of those who oppose Trump. 

I love the way they hacked Elon Musk and Kanye West as well to try and throw people off the scent that it's a pro-Trump and anti-Trump opponent intervention.

Sid with yet more bat sh*t, russian conspiracy theory believing nonsense. Brain washed at this stage.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 11:54am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

So who's behind this "Bitcoin" Twitter hack? Gonna have to be obvious and say Russia. 

Whoever it is, it's a shot across the bows of those who oppose Trump. 

I love the way they hacked Elon Musk and Kanye West as well to try and throw people off the scent that it's a pro-Trump and anti-Trump opponent intervention.

Sid with yet more bat sh*t, russian conspiracy theory believing nonsense. Brain washed at this stage.
What's the deal with you and Russia?

I remember four years ago you said you actually studied Syria. 

Yet all you came out with was Russian narrative nonsense now proven to be bullsh*t.

How does it feel to be a student of something you know f**k all about and instead a mouthpiece for RT propaganda, like so many other useful idiots on the internet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 334>
  Share Topic