You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The thought process is odd. Basically put their work culture at odds with a lot of the commercial sector where long hours and being present in a office has been replaced by meeting targets and fulfilling obligations, and at least some WFH offering. Also, with respect, Twitter don’t have the same cache in the job market that other companies do, that try and impose a ‘discount’ be it on pay or working conditions in order to have ‘X’ company in your CV, as though that is compensatory.
He needs to cut more staff IMO. This is a way of getting rid of some more

Why? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The thought process is odd. Basically put their work culture at odds with a lot of the commercial sector where long hours and being present in a office has been replaced by meeting targets and fulfilling obligations, and at least some WFH offering. Also, with respect, Twitter don’t have the same cache in the job market that other companies do, that try and impose a ‘discount’ be it on pay or working conditions in order to have ‘X’ company in your CV, as though that is compensatory.

Why? 
I still feel Twitter is very overstaffed. They don't develop anything, don't really sell anything, they've just maintained the one app for 10 years. That should be a 500-800 person company, I've no idea why they needed 7,000 people to begin with. Musk's plan so far seems to be...
1. Reduce costs (people)
2. Improve revenue (subscription service)
3. Company will become profitable and his investment will start generating a return.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 11:54am

Why? 
I still feel Twitter is very overstaffed. They don't develop anything, don't really sell anything, they've just maintained the one app for 10 years. That should be a 500-800 person company, I've no idea why they needed 7,000 people to begin with. Musk's plan so far seems to be...
1. Reduce costs (people)
3. Company will become profitable and his investment will start generating a return.

Best of luck trying to moderate content with 800 people!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Why? 
1. Reduce costs (people)

This. Twitter is a caged animal, it’s a very fine balancing act keep all aspects safe, laying off 75% staff may work financially in the short term but certainly won’t longer term
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Why? 
1. Reduce costs (people)

Shure they could hardly manage that with 8,000 people
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 5:27pm
So if they couldn't manage it with 8000 your solution is to reduce that amount by 90% Wacko
It would damage this forums' reputation
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 3:54pm
I keep getting score updates for some random match in India. No idea how to stop it very annoying.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 4:20pm
I keep getting added to these random conversations with these Asian folks. I don't even read it - just delete it.

Twitter is toxic anyway.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I keep getting score updates for some random match in India. No idea how to stop it very annoying.

LOL Same here, doing my head in
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOL Same here, doing my head in

Go to bell, settings and notifications and switch off moments 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 12:53pm
Twitter has been in serious decline for a while now. Since Musk took over it’s just a cesspit of racism, homophobia and transphobia.

The last couple of days has ramped this up by multiples. Legacy blue ticks are removed and all I can see are posts from Twitter blue w**kers. I just block every twitter blue account I come across. 

I hate it but I still cannot help looking at it a few times a day. I think in a year or two it will cease to exist.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 1:49pm
It always has been a cesspit. If you stay on the 'Following' tab and not the 'For you' tab, it's much better. I just follow football accounts and not many of them so my feed is just football related. I wouldn't even look at comments.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 4:25pm
It's the most toxic platform of social media.

Zero accountability. Faceless racists, bigots, trolls, you name it.

I'm still on it every day though LOLCool
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 5:42pm
It comes up with some funny stuff in fairness. 

Best way to find out about FFG corruption too.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:27pm
If you keep seeing sh*te you don't like, block the accounts and let the algorithm do the rest. I used keep getting NBA tweets  showing up and after blocking a few of the accounts, I don't see anything.

I've blocked every advertiser I see on there and its at the point now they are looking like AI generated companies LOL

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:41pm
Nile Garnder keeps popping up on my the horrible little sewer rat.

Loads of fake Loyalist accounts too. You'd want to see some of the absolutely laughable theories they come up with.
The IRA invented COVID one was being pedalled at one stage.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Nile Garnder keeps popping up on my the horrible little sewer rat.

Loads of fake Loyalist accounts too. You'd want to see some of the absolutely laughable theories they come up with.
The IRA invented COVID one was being pedalled at one stage.

Fkn Hell! It's a wonder that that balloon, Stephen Nolan, never ran with that 1 on any of his shows*. LOL

*well, for all I know, he could have done - I stopped listening to him years ago. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 10:02pm
Elon has turned Twitter into a farce. He hasn't got a clue what he's doing. Blue checkmarks are now just a way to identify weird Elon Musk fanboys.

I see former CEO Jack Dorsey has launched a twitter alternative called Bluesky, hopefully it can provide some serious competition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic