You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 9:54am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Saudi Green initiative? 
Also yes
bastardsonoflimpar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bastardsonoflimpar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 2:12pm
Twitter is for ****s. Anyone on Instagram is subhuman filth. Facebook users are worthless scum. BEBO all the way for me.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:40pm
My mates sister works in there and all hell has broke loose since he took over. They were told today that starting tomorrow, they all have to be back in the office 5 days a week 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Kamil View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

My mates sister works in there and all hell has broke loose since he took over. They were told today that starting tomorrow, they all have to be back in the office 5 days a week 

ClapClap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Musk has always been very anti-WFH. I can see why in Tesla, if you've the average workers on the floor making components etc, it creates a two-tier structure if management are sitting at home. Same at a few places like Intel in Ireland.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:03pm
Sacking half his staff without notice, most of the board and senior management is gone. How's Twitter supposed to run properly?

He really is the closest thing we have to a Bond Villain. Horrible coont
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Sacking half his staff without notice, most of the board and senior management is gone. How's Twitter supposed to run properly?

Saw that 3 part documentary on him on BBC recently.  He expects all his staff to work 20 hrs a day, 7 days a week by the sounds of it.

He's a geek who thinks everybody should be consumed with work like he is.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 8:35am

The board and SM had to go - Musk criticised them non stop for the past few years, couldn't ork with them. They all get nice payoffs anyway and will walk into other jobs so don't cry too hard for them.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 9:14am
Wouldn't be nice to be a staff member in Dublin. Going from not having to go the office to having to do 40 hours a week. 
I know if that happened to me it would mess up my family routine and would have me considering career at the company. 

He seems to be going in very hard and you wonder why being this hard on the company.

Can see the other company being set up by ex twitter owners taking over a good chunk of the market share

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 9:18am
What will happen is that all the good staff will leave and trying to recruit good staff will be a challenge, good employees know their worth and want to be treated well and have some level of flexibility.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 10:29am

What will happen is that all the good staff will leave and trying to recruit good staff will be a challenge, good employees know their worth and want to be treated well and have some level of flexibility.

^^^, in a nutshell.

There are swaths of people out there who are now preferring high value contract work over permanent employment, and they call the shots as far as ways of work are concerned. Also, other companies will see the hybrid model as a way of attracting employees knowing competitors are demanding staff to be present, even if there is no business/commercial reason for it. Assuming that people want to work exclusively for high salaries and big names is shooting wide of the mark. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 11:06am
Another thing that has crept in is new starters are demanding a signing on fee!

We offered a person a job - she wanted her salary doubled - she got it - and then she wanted a 25% signing on fee up front! - we laughed, thought she was joking, she wasn't, we went back to HR and got it.

Last year existing employees all got a 'not leaving bonus'. We got a significant bonus for not leaving the company, and we got that because other companies are offering much higher salaries and perks and trying to replace good quality workers is near impossible.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 11:13am

Another thing that has crept in is new starters are demanding a signing on fee!

We offered a person a job - she wanted her salary doubled - she got it - and then she wanted a 25% signing on fee up front! - we laughed, thought she was joking, she wasn't, we went back to HR and got it.

Last year existing employees all got a 'not leaving bonus'. We got a significant bonus for not leaving the company, and we got that because other companies are offering much higher salaries and perks and trying to replace good quality workers is near impossible.

The money being thrown around in IT jobs is mental. Sister in law got poached and got her salary doubled, only 8 months in the job and another crowd have offered her a crazy amount again. 

A lad I kick ball with left construction 4/5 years back and went back to college to study IT.  Week after graduation had a job interview, asked him how much he wanted, said something between 35 and 40 a year, they threw an extra 30 on top, decked out his home office too.
Chips don't bounce
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The board and SM had to go - Musk criticised them non stop for the past few years, couldn't ork with them. They all get nice payoffs anyway and will walk into other jobs so don't cry too hard for them.

LOL eh what? 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 3:45pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 5:07pm
The thought process is odd. Basically put their work culture at odds with a lot of the commercial sector where long hours and being present in a office has been replaced by meeting targets and fulfilling obligations, and at least some WFH offering. Also, with respect, Twitter don’t have the same cache in the job market that other companies do, that try and impose a ‘discount’ be it on pay or working conditions in order to have ‘X’ company in your CV, as though that is compensatory.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 5:25pm
The tech stock prices have dropped massively. While Tesla is the darling of the car markets for now. How log will that last? 

Considering he has probably over paid for Twitter by 20+billion, if Twitter goes to sh*t and Tesla shares drop more next year I wouldn't be surprised if he has to sell Twitter at a fraction of the cost he paid for it. Now that would be enjoyable to see. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The thought process is odd. Basically put their work culture at odds with a lot of the commercial sector where long hours and being present in a office has been replaced by meeting targets and fulfilling obligations, and at least some WFH offering. Also, with respect, Twitter don’t have the same cache in the job market that other companies do, that try and impose a ‘discount’ be it on pay or working conditions in order to have ‘X’ company in your CV, as though that is compensatory.
He needs to cut more staff IMO. This is a way of getting rid of some more
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic