You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twitter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 4:24pm
Peoples updates from twitter coming up on FB is very fukin annoying, fuk off with your stupid fuking tweets.

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Plastic Bari Plastic Bari wrote:

Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

@VonBarracuda Cool

Don't ya mean @poxydoublemaxim Wink
Didnt you tweet the other night
"Just relaxing with a pint of double maxim and curry chips" ClapLOL

No, "a maximus, batter burger and large single"LOLLOL
Plastic Bari View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic Bari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 4:31pm

@VonBarracuda Cool

Don't ya mean @poxydoublemaxim Wink
Didnt you tweet the other night
"Just relaxing with a pint of double maxim and curry chips" ClapLOL

No, "a maximus, batter burger and large single"LOLLOL
The Maximus is strong stuff!! LOL
Twitter @VonBarracuda
totti View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 7:01pm
Literally Jamie, a mock Jamie redknapp on twitter is f**kin hilarious, also Sid Lowe for la liga, paulo bandini for serie a, and Raphael horningstein for der bundesliga, are all good!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by totti totti wrote:

Literally Jamie, a mock Jamie redknapp on twitter is f**kin hilarious, also Sid Lowe for la liga, paulo bandini for serie a, and Raphael horningstein for der bundesliga, are all good!

Great recommendations from TottiClapClap

Edit; Dont forget TheBigSam, spoof Allardyce twitterThumbs%20Up

Edited by deise316 - 05 Mar 2011 at 9:30pm
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 7:02am
YouBoysInGreen
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 11:59pm
Seems there's a bit of a reckoning going on for Linda Scooby Doo Hayden

Turns out she doesn't much like Travellers

Live by the sword die by the sword and all that

I find these Twitter flame wars fascinating if a bit batsh*t
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:34am
I never heard of her, but did a search and it seems like nothing. She was a **** 10 years back and isn't now. At least she admitted it. I still don't know who she is though, so I could be wrong!

David Baddiel has a history of racism as long as your arm, never once has done anything more than deflect from it, even writing a book called 'Jews Don't Count' that dismisses Islamophobia entirely, and he is still the darling of the British press! 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I never heard of her, but did a search and it seems like nothing. She was a **** 10 years back and isn't now. At least she admitted it. I still don't know who she is though, so I could be wrong!

David Baddiel has a history of racism as long as your arm, never once has done anything more than deflect from it, even writing a book called 'Jews Don't Count' that dismisses Islamophobia entirely, and he is still the darling of the British press! 
She didn't admit it voluntarily though, she's crisis managing

I think it's fair enough that somebody can be a **** eight years ago or X number of years ago and change their views to be a better person

But it seems to me that that's not really what she's been preaching

Baddiel defo has a history of racism

That doesn't necessarily mean that what he says now about anti-Semitism is wrong - I haven't read his book so I don't know his full views on the subject, or on Islamophobia 

Both anti-Semitism and Islamophobia are clearly serious problems in Britain and elsewhere

The subject of anti-Semitism is certainly being covered in a "cancel culture" way though by the British right wing press and that's due to extremely cynical political and culture war motives

But this cancel culture seems to only be targetted at people of a certain political persuasion, ie. if they are pro-Palestinian statehood

If you're pro-Israeli government it appears you can be as anti-Semitic as you like

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:02am
That's all I could see online about. There isn't much because she doesn't seem to be somebody many people are that interested in. From what I can gather, she seems to be one of those people who has a reasonable Twitter following from spending a lot of time on Twitter. She probably has a podcast about what she says on Twitter too, as is the fashion.

There was paragraphs from his book going around dismissing comparisons between Islamophobia and antisemitism because Islam isn't a race and the Nazis wouldn't have cared about his atheism. I think that attitude is deliberately dangerous. To even write such a book at all he should be apologising for his past actions in this regard. Blackface in the 90s was no more acceptable than it is now.
He is also happy to play his part in conflating pro-Palestinian sentiment with antisemitism too. He was happy to weaponise the pronunciation of 'Weinstein'  to try and destroy Corbyn, undermining genuine antisemitism there too.
And because he is a cuddly comedian, of some sort, he gets to be promoted by both the liberal wing of the media and the right wing. He is essentially using the culture war that has been created around antisemitism to make money.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:37am

That's all I could see online about. There isn't much because she doesn't seem to be somebody many people are that interested in. From what I can gather, she seems to be one of those people who has a reasonable Twitter following from spending a lot of time on Twitter. She probably has a podcast about what she says on Twitter too, as is the fashion.

There was paragraphs from his book going around dismissing comparisons between Islamophobia and antisemitism because Islam isn't a race and the Nazis wouldn't have cared about his atheism. I think that attitude is deliberately dangerous. To even write such a book at all he should be apologising for his past actions in this regard. Blackface in the 90s was no more acceptable than it is now.
He is also happy to play his part in conflating pro-Palestinian sentiment with antisemitism too. He was happy to weaponise the pronunciation of 'Weinstein'  to try and destroy Corbyn, undermining genuine antisemitism there too.
And because he is a cuddly comedian, of some sort, he gets to be promoted by both the liberal wing of the media and the right wing. He is essentially using the culture war that has been created around antisemitism to make money.
It was the pronunciation of Epstein not Weinstein that Corbyn was called anti-Semitic over, not that it matters

He was also called anti-Semitic over saying he liked Dickens' A Christmas Carol

I agree what Baddiel did in the 90s was horrible and he was representative of a horrible "laddish" culture, I suspect he wanted to fit in with whiteness so embraced some of the worst aspects of that culture

I haven't read his book and it seems you haven't either so I would be extremely wary of jumping in and calling it a cynical money making exercise, anti-Semitism as a subject is an entirely valid one

That said from the bit I have seen of his views on Twitter I suspect I would have quite a few disagreements with him

Peter Beinart, who is Jewish himself, is one of the best writers on the subject in my experience, he has a very honest and nuanced take on it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:45am
I wouldn't as that is exactly what it is: it is flagrant monetising of racism whilst being dismissive of another form of racism. 
He is the one undermining it and profiting from it and not me.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:54am

I wouldn't as that is exactly what it is: it is flagrant monetising of racism whilst being dismissive of another form of racism. 
I haven't read his book and neither have you, the reviews seem universally very good

Sarah Silverman who I think is in a position of some authority as a Jew who is very pro-Palestine hs eulogised it

Is he dismissive of another form of racism currently though?

Genuine question, I don't know is he or not
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I haven't read his book and neither have you, the reviews seem universally very good

Sarah Silverman who I think is in a position of some authority as a Jew who is very pro-Palestine hs eulogised it

Yes and he is in the book, sections of which are widely available. The reviews are from the rest of the media luvvies he pals around with. He could have shat on it and it would have got 5 stars in The Guardian.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:06pm

Yes and he is in the book, sections of which are widely available. The reviews are from the rest of the media luvvies he pals around with. He could have shat on it and it would have got 5 stars in The Guardian.
I didn't find a Guardian review of it

Perhaps you could quote sections you find objectionable

Personally given the tone of your last few posts here I suspect you might do well to read a really good book which deals with anti-Semitism as a topic
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:18pm

Personally given the tone of your last few posts here I suspect you might do well to read a really good book which deals with anti-Semitism as a topic
I found Deborah Lipstadt's book on it to be excellent and accessible; Antisemitism Here and Now. 
My tone is of disgust at the weaponising if it to sell a book. If you don't like it I have many others. You may not like them either.

I read the sections from screenshots on Twitter that are nearly impossible to find. Should I read the book, out of curiosity,  I will get back to you.

Edited by pre Madonna - 11 Mar 2021 at 12:19pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:42pm

I found Deborah Lipstadt's book on it to be excellent and accessible; Antisemitism Here and Now. 
My tone is of disgust at the weaponising if it to sell a book. If you don't like it I have many others. You may not like them either.

I read the sections from screenshots on Twitter that are nearly impossible to find. Should I read the book, out of curiosity,  I will get back to you.
You've jumped to a conclusion that Baddiel is weaponising anti-Semitism for money, without having read the book

I would suggest that reaction more than justifies his decision to write it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 12:47pm
He has weaponised it repeatedly over the past five years and then wrote the book.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic