You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

One of the best things I've seen on twitter in a long time

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 10:54pm
Don't go to home games so was at home watching it -
f**king sounds terrible on the tv. That siad it did seem to get fans singing around the ground, but in the big games that usually happens anyway.

So the trumpet needs be shoved up his hole and never darkens Lansdowne Road again. 

He started to play a team of Gary Breen at one stage - get your coat.

Althoiugh he'd get a serious slap on the back if he played Just Cant Get Enough just to see Newrep's eye twitch to Angry Nordy level 10LOL

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Didn't go down well but at least something was tried . It would be worse if we were not trying . Also another thing . The Viking clap or our own version long before the Vikings robbed it from another club .. what's with the howling ? Stick to our original

That's normally fair enough but not with something objectively and foreseeably bad like this.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 2:32am
Jaysus even worse on the TV wonder which bright spark at the Jedi Council Confederation came up with that sh*te. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

f**king sounds terrible on the tv. That siad it did seem to get fans singing around the ground, but in the big games that usually happens anyway.

So the trumpet needs be shoved up his hole and never darkens Lansdowne Road again. 

Althoiugh he'd get a serious slap on the back if he played Just Cant Get Enough just to see Newrep's eye twitch to Angry Nordy level 10LOL

That's those lads default setting Bob, NR's angry level goes up to about 18 out of 10.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

That's those lads default setting Bob, NR's angry level goes up to about 18 out of 10.

😡😡😡

My Moldova protests against ijcge will be resurrected
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 1:41pm
Horrendous. Whoever came up with that is a person with no interest in football. Pure PR person Shiite
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 1:54pm
All of which beg's the question what the fck was the meeting with the faiL all about with the various fans from sections of SC's and ybig ? where the fck was the singer(s) for the Grace song ? why was Grace only half played over the tannoy at a fckin stupid time ?( and it failed fckin miseribly) Was the fact that the faiL had this fckin abomination(fckin fajita band) up their sleeve the reason that they would not let the Barry Horns in ? where is Mr green faiL forever ?
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 2:04pm
A cynic would suggest they were in place to start pumping out trumpet when any anti jd stuff was sang. Only reason for such nonsense . And fajita band , couldn't have put it better myself
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 3:53pm
Never again please.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 4:19pm
did I hear right that crowd noises were relayed over the PA ? sweet mother of God have we sunk that low
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 4:23pm
Yes over the PA. Was sitting directly under a speaker and it was quite clearly coming out of the speaker
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Yes over the PA. Was sitting directly under a speaker and it was quite clearly coming out of the speaker

The band had a microphone on a tripod placed in front of it . When they moved along side the front of the stands the tripod was transported along the side . So when the band played the crowd that was closest to the mic was picked up
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 4:30pm

clearly we have , beyond embarrassing
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 4:34pm
That mariachi band was wojous. I never want to hear them again. Whoever is closest to them in the South Stand if they turn up again, please pelt them with rotten vegetables.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Totally.

Did I not hear or read somewhere (possibly on here) that you're not actually allowed to use the stadium pa system to encourage crowd support? Maybe a fine from UEFA/FIFA will put the FAI off such a braindead notion?

Edited by ConorMac77 - 26 Mar 2017 at 8:06pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Totally.

Did I not hear or read somewhere (possibly on here) that you're not actually allowed to use the stadium pa system to encourage crowd support? Maybe a fine from UEFA/FIFA will put the FAI off such a braindead notion?
I was always under that impression but I assume the FAI would have checked this out , wouldn't they?
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Totally.

I was always under that impression but I assume the FAI would have checked this out , wouldn't they?

Any other competent association would, yeah, but this is the FAI we're talking about...

...You know, the same FAI that started having music played over the pa system at the old LR during the Euro 2004 qualifiers only to then be shocked at being handed a huge bill from the Performing Rights Society for playing music to the public.

But surely they've learned from that...???

Edited by ConorMac77 - 26 Mar 2017 at 8:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic