You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:49pm
At least the trumpet was removed quickly when it was realised it wasn't working. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:07pm
Whatever happened to the 160 new Tifo's???
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

At least the trumpet was removed quickly when it was realised it wasn't working. 

Fair point. 

James mcclean should commit his once a game Sunday league style nutcase tackle in the first 5 minutes to liven things up

For the life of me i cannot understand why we start so slowly at home. We really play better stuff away 

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

shocking atmosphere and that thunderclap is embarrassing. On the one road should be the song to get the crowd going.

Agree, i think the atmosphere is sh*te and the singing section aint doing what it says on the tin.
An austrian lad in thw pub after tgat he was looking forward to the best fans in the world and was dissapointed, dont blame him either.

Atmosphere was good in the singing section, it just wasn't spreading into the East and West stands no matter what was tried. What goes on on the pitch was definitely a factor too, it was bouncing the last ten minutes. 5pm summer kick off isn't ideal either.

They do a synchronised atmosphere with flags etc far better on the continent than we do here in fairness, there's a large proportion of fans that aren't interested when we sell out a game, hard to know what to do.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 4:47pm
You cant blame the FAI for trying things, some work better than others and some should die a death

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 4:49pm

shocking atmosphere and that thunderclap is embarrassing. On the one road should be the song to get the crowd going.

should be our anthem, not that Depeche mode crap
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

You cant blame the FAI for trying things, some work better than others and some should die a death

Yes you can because they are only doing it to stop the anti FAI songs.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Yes you can because they are only doing it to stop the anti FAI songs.

I have heavily criticised the FAI in the past but the above is tinfoil head territory
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 5:29pm

Why was nothing organised for the match on Sunday. It seems to me that when there is an idea of a crowd display being organised by the lads on here only then do the fai come up with something. Am I wrong on this?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Why was nothing organised for the match on Sunday. It seems to me that when there is an idea of a crowd display being organised by the lads on here only then do the fai come up with something. Am I wrong on this?

There were drummers at the start not sure where they went to
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 8:32pm

Whatever happened to the 160 new Tifo's???
Would think the brains trust behind it could not be arsed to organise handing them out again after the first and only time they were seen, just another poor attempt to try and mirror or better what YBIG can do
johnp30133 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp30133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by johnp30133 johnp30133 wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That thunderclap thing has to go to! Remember when Lansdowne was intimidating?

+1 Where not f**king iceland , Just because Iceland do it well doesnt mean we need to copy it

I remember we were doing it before Iceland. I don't see the problem, it gets another chant started.

We started doing it after the Euros, agree with Charltons Child, we are not Iceland. we shouldn't be doing it it's fairly embarrassing.

No, we were doing it before in the SS. The other stands have joined in since, but we were defo doing it before. 
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 11:38pm
Thought the pre-match and half time atmosphere building was diabolical on sunday as always. Really not that difficult for the FAI to organise, the scots really had celtic park hopping when we played them there last year.

That said, the atmosphere was actually good on sunday during the game, the chants from the SS really spread into the East upper where I was.
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:16am

+1 Where not f**king iceland , Just because Iceland do it well doesnt mean we need to copy it

I remember we were doing it before Iceland. I don't see the problem, it gets another chant started.

We started doing it after the Euros, agree with Charltons Child, we are not Iceland. we shouldn't be doing it it's fairly embarrassing.

No, we were doing it before in the SS. The other stands have joined in since, but we were defo doing it before. 

We used to do a slow clap thing which sounded a bit like the Iceland one but without the 'ooh!' bit or whatever it is.
johnp30133 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp30133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by 1874eire 1874eire wrote:

We used to do a slow clap thing which sounded a bit like the Iceland one but without the 'ooh!' bit or whatever it is.

That's true, it was without the 'ohh'. Since the Euros and Iceland, more have joined in and the 'ooh' has crept in. I don't see the chant going away.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 5:01pm
I just read online that Spurs are doing similar with a drum at Wembley. We should be proud of the innovation shown by the FAI in this regard.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 8:32pm
Glad those trumpets haven't been back. They are shameful. It doesn't help that the atmosphere is sh*te so it shows that the FAI are aware that it's sh*te. Thats how bad it is at some games. If the FAI actually do something things must be bad
Danger here, OH NO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic