You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:10pm
Terrible atmosphere at the game yesterday. Not a peep out of either set of fans. Granted what was on the pitch was not the most inspiring but still.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by johnp30133 johnp30133 wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That thunderclap thing has to go to! Remember when Lansdowne was intimidating?

+1 Where not f**king iceland , Just because Iceland do it well doesnt mean we need to copy it

I remember we were doing it before Iceland. I don't see the problem, it gets another chant started.

We started doing it after the Euros, agree with Charltons Child, we are not Iceland. we shouldn't be doing it it's fairly embarrassing.

Incorrect. We were doing it long before the Euros and I haven't been to Lamsdowne
In 18 months

Really can't remember it to be honest we probably done it without the God Awful "WHOO" after the claps
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:14pm
Drummer was shocking. Get rid. 

The sooner World Bodhran champion Babbs ends his boycott and brings back the YBIG cannonball, the better LOL 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:43pm
Drums, TIFOs, thunderclaps, poznans, we love you we love you, pinching generic songs, trumpets, 7 nation army, bands.  Nonsense the lot of it.

Yesterday has given me the hump. Going to drop kick a randomer on my way home from work. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Drums, TIFOs, thunderclaps, poznans, we love you we love you, pinching generic songs, trumpets, 7 nation army, bands.  Nonsense the lot of it.

Yesterday has given me the hump. Going to drop kick a randomer on my way home from work. 

That's the Terry Hurlock coming out of ya......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 3:46pm
The Celtic symphony was a low. Was waiting for a few knuckleheads to give it the ohh ahh up the ra part but thankfully if fizzled out before then.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

The Celtic symphony was a low. Was waiting for a few knuckleheads to give it the ohh ahh up the ra part but thankfully if fizzled out before then.

Was about to say the same as well , I cant think which is worse this or the trumpets
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 4:29pm
Could have been a potential UEFA fine for sectarian chanting if it had gotten to the oh ah up the ra bit.
Danger here, OH NO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Could have been a potential UEFA fine for sectarian chanting if it had gotten to the oh ah up the ra bit.
And if they had burned down the stadium it could have been a potential fine for arson.....
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:35pm

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

And if they had burned down the stadium it could have been a potential fine for arson.....

Point is that they retrospectively fined us for have 1916 on the jerseys so there's a strong chance a harmless song would result in another punishment
Danger here, OH NO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:39pm
The point is there is no point.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:46pm

The thunderclap has been going long before the euros but it is embarrassing at this stage. If we cant get a chant going better off keeping quiet. It didnt even fizzle out into a ybig yesterday bar the 1st time IIRC.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

The thunderclap has been going long before the euros but it is embarrassing at this stage. If we cant get a chant going better off keeping quiet. It didnt even fizzle out into a ybig yesterday bar the 1st time IIRC.

it went into the usual Ireland clap on the first time, the time in the second half we went on the attack during it so most people stopped doing it. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 6:07pm
shocking atmosphere and that thunderclap is embarrassing. On the one road should be the song to get the crowd going.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

shocking atmosphere and that thunderclap is embarrassing. On the one road should be the song to get the crowd going.

Agree, i think the atmosphere is sh*te and the singing section aint doing what it says on the tin.
An austrian lad in thw pub after tgat he was looking forward to the best fans in the world and was dissapointed, dont blame him either.
Chips don't bounce
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Agree, i think the atmosphere is sh*te and the singing section aint doing what it says on the tin.
An austrian lad in thw pub after tgat he was looking forward to the best fans in the world and was dissapointed, dont blame him either.

My views are pretty well known on the songs we ding but the re the atsmisphere what goes on the pitch is a major factor and the first half had precious little to shout about the 2 are connected
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 6:58pm
Was at times yesterday the South stand had 3 separate songs been sung at the same time which didn't help matters

Also be better off with no drum at all if we stuck with the lad that was doing it yesterday
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 7:33pm
Ah I'm not sure about that. Thunderclap aside, I thought he was alright.

The big problem is the different speed sound travels at. It's very difficult to get an entire ground singing as one.

Bowl stadiums simply do not help, either. If you have separate stands, one stand (usually behind the goal) singing as one are close enough to sing as one voice. Once you have a bowl and people at the sides joining in, suddenly you have people almost 100 yards apart on either side of the pitch trying to sing in one voice: that's never going to work, frankly, because it takes about a third of a second for that sound to travel that distance and they just can't sing as one.

That makes it quite hard for the drummer to keep the beat in time. He can beat at the time he is singing at, in which case different parts of the crowd will be singing out of time from his beat, at least from the point of some people. He can't change the beat he is singing at without sounding awful to those nearby. It's not the drummer's fault, in short.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic