You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Why not have the drummers inside the stadium isles spread out and have them play the drums synchronised at the same time . Maybe from 116 spreading into the west then 111 to the east . 114 noise already spreads across the bottom of the south but dies after 116-111 at either side . The only time the whole stadium is singing at the same time is when we sing "Stand up for the boys in green" . The reason this goes so well is that people are getting up to sing and the people next decide to stand and sing . Bit like a Mexican wave effect as much as that is cringeworthy.

The man speaks sense, this is work in progress and hopefully will be fine tuned to get more than 114/115 singing at games.

Did the FAI discuss this with any fans from supporters clubs or confed GF? 

It's a work in progress - most would say it should be consigned to the ok tried that it didn't work 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by johnp30133 johnp30133 wrote:

Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Why not have the drummers inside the stadium isles spread out and have them play the drums synchronised at the same time . Maybe from 116 spreading into the west then 111 to the east . 114 noise already spreads across the bottom of the south but dies after 116-111 at either side . The only time the whole stadium is singing at the same time is when we sing "Stand up for the boys in green" . The reason this goes so well is that people are getting up to sing and the people next decide to stand and sing . Bit like a Mexican wave effect as much as that is cringeworthy.

The man speaks sense, this is work in progress and hopefully will be fine tuned to get more than 114/115 singing at games.

Could see this working around the stadium but they should strip once the crowd is singing , the 4 corners of stadium might work with drums or Bodhrans , trumpet not gonna work

Ah here, that's a bit much.

Just watch those season ticket sales rocket though...
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 7:28am
It's sad to see what has become of lansdowne.

Anyone that thinks trumpets or some sort of band at a football match is good, has probably contributed to the downfall in atmosphere at lansdowne.

I was never so glad that I've packed in going to Ireland matches when listening to those muppets on the TV playing their trumpets. Head wrecking and embarrassing.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Bring back Darron Gibson against Uruguay and watch the band get taken out one by one from wayward shots walloped from 35 yards out
Send them on a cycling holiday of North East England and he could do them all at once.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:54am
Really hope this band wont be there for the Austria match... They were rubbish, I've had my fair share of drumming at LOI games and You need to know how to read the crowd. They couldnt even get ybig timing right. It completly ruined the raw passion and spontaneous atmosphere Irish fans are known for. One of the best atmosphers I've experienced in recent years including Euro2016 was Germany at home, aviva was rocking, and near a trumpet in sight!

95 quid is enough for a duo ticket never mind having to listen to that f**k of a trumpet then for 180 minutes
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 8:37am
I agree. We need more songs too rather than what it is already there. A steady flow of different songs would help the atmosphere. Well known songs too. I really like the Aajx fans singing Three Little Birds. Sounds quality. More songs like that would help the atmosphere and in turn stop the trumpet sh*te
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by MisterX MisterX wrote:

Really hope this band wont be there for the Austria match... They were rubbish, I've had my fair share of drumming at LOI games and You need to know how to read the crowd. They couldnt even get ybig timing right. It completly ruined the raw passion and spontaneous atmosphere Irish fans are known for. One of the best atmosphers I've experienced in recent years including Euro2016 was Germany at home, aviva was rocking, and near a trumpet in sight!

95 quid is enough for a duo ticket never mind having to listen to that f**k of a trumpet then for 180 minutes

Or in other words:  The FAI deems the "band" experiment to be a roaring success. 

This "band" idea is designed to keep Irish supporters under control, to homogenise each matchday atmosphere essentially. 

Don't be surprised if the "band" has grown in size against Austria, the louder and more distracting the "band" gets, the more supporters are kept in their 'place'.   
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

I agree. We need more songs too rather than what it is already there. A steady flow of different songs would help the atmosphere. Well known songs too. I really like the Aajx fans singing Three Little Birds. Sounds quality. More songs like that would help the atmosphere and in turn stop the trumpet sh*te

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Cathal Brugha despite multiple bullet and shrapnel wounds lying against a wall in his own blood defiantly sang 'God Save Ireland' as he held off attacking British troops at the South Dublin Union

and what the hell do we sing ?

Depeche Fuking Mode

do you think he would of sang IJCGE if it had been about  ??????
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:49pm
Cringeworthy post.

What does Cathal Brugha have to do with support at a football match.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 2:17pm
IF I was to list off a few decent songs for the crowd it's be nice easy ones for a crowd like Dirty Old Town, Three Little Birds, Grace(actually sing it and not 20 minutes before the game) The Wild Rover(easy verses and clapping in the chorus) there's only so much of Depeche Mode and Come on You Boys In Green that you can take for 90 minutes
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Cringeworthy post.

How exactly is it cringeworthy ?

How the fuk depeche mode isn't cringeworthy British song by British band sung by ( well you know the rest .....
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:34pm

Cringeworthy post.

How the fuk depeche mode isn't cringeworthy British song by British band sung by ( well you know the rest .....

Depeche mode is also cringeworthy. 

But you still haven't answered the question. What has Cathal Brugha got to do with any of this?
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:02pm

Cringeworthy post.

Depeche mode is also cringeworthy. 

But you still haven't answered the question. What has Cathal Brugha got to do with any of this?

for someone has a bee in their bonnet about not answering the question posed you might want to take your own advice ?

what does Cathal Brugha got to do with any of this ?  well I am by no means an expert on him, in fact my original post highlighted a fact I didn't know that about him but off the top of my head he could be relevant  as
he's irish 
he literally fought for ireland 
when all was lost he sang an irish song in defiance of superior forces
He died for Ireland
hes not Depeche Mode

but the point wasn't Cathal Brugha it was God save Ireland

FromClare2here View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromClare2here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:56pm
Think Grace would be a great one to get going during games. Anyone else notice James McClean singing along during the warmup of the Wales match? Aviva needs to be more like Celtic Park, and when required the Ali Sami Yen! 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:35pm
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 5:06pm
Will these louts be here tomorrow?
Danger here, OH NO
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Will these louts be here tomorrow?

They weren't there last Sunday for the Uruguay game so hopefully not

It seemed they had the drummers spread out around the ground at that game so similar tomorrow wouldn't be a bad idea
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 5:25pm
on the one road was one of our own that was sung for years and was brilliant in Germany 88.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic