You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trumpet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trumpet
    Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 9:36pm
Is this to drown out anti FAI songs? Something similar was tried at the cup final. It sounds awful on the television.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 9:38pm
If it's an attempt to give the atmosphere a boost, the intention is good, but christ above it sounded awful
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:10pm
Need to get another one for Tuesday
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Need to get another one for Tuesday

And a couple of vuvuzelas too Clap
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:22pm
It was like listening to the French Rugby World Cup in 2007 with the trumpet every few minutes to get the crowd going.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Richmond Ultra Richmond Ultra wrote:

It was like listening to the French Rugby World Cup in 2007 with the trumpet every few minutes to get the crowd going.

Whatever is sounded like on tv have to say I thought it worked in stadium and I would've been totally against the drummers and trumpets before
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:34pm
Absolutely pathetic. I thought the FAI were getting drummers ? That's bad enough as it is without a f**king trumpet.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:37pm
Couldn't hold a tune, sounded like a 40 a day man the way he ran out of wind .......goal music and trumpets that's todays football for you
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:43pm
It was okay but it needed to be more in synch with what the fans were singing. He was playing ybig too quickly for example, the pace of the song is supposed to slow right down as you go into each chorus.

Stand Up For The Boys In Green worked well though.

Overall it wasn't a bad idea and was okay mostly
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Couldn't hold a tune, sounded like a 40 a day man the way he ran out of wind .......goal music and trumpets that's todays football for you
Id prefer flares  , smokebombs and a hostile stadium tbh
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:55pm
Had to mute the tv everytime it came on. f**kin awful.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:58pm
What f**king ejit of a west Brit came up the idea of a trumpet?

Pathetic stuff
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Id prefer flaresĀ  , smokebombs and a hostile stadium tbh

Sounds like a Dortmund home game, nothing wrong with that ......this trumpet business is the reason I can't watch alot of Spanish/Latin football always some idiot with something most notably a loudspeaker.........and I won't even mention Englands God awful 'band'
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:40pm
That was embarrassing...Hopefully it's shelved pretty lively!!Disapprove
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:45pm
It was mortifying LOL

Wasn't the tune on a CD played over the speakers and then the trumpet player just happened to play the same tune ffs LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Had to mute the tv everytime it came on. f**kin awful.
exactly. So fcuking annoying.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:25am
I've been to many stadiums, world wide.

The worst I've ever seen is the MLS, f**k we were competing with it tonight pathetic I started laughing at stages.

Whoever came up with that idea needs shot. Annoying as hell, couldn't hear the crowd, good intentions I'm sure but f**k sake. Ulster rugby have it spot on, this lad couldn't even get ybig in time
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 1:49am
Agree with the lads, f**king awful!!

Tuesday night will be some craic. f**king viking claps (Don't usually mind 1 and at a stretch 2 per match) and trumpets all night!! 
Theres only one sport that matters..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic