You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 250>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Looks like Troy was really holding Preston back from being a goal machine... oh wait.

He came on after 67 minutes!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Right now I don't have any idea as to how Troy's career will develop.
He's young, but I think his attributes are there to be seen, as with any player who has had this much time on the field. Does he lack confidence at this moment, and will come good, or he just is on a run of bad luck, or his teammates don't play him in, or something else?
He works hard, trains hard, he is graceful on the ball, he can be tenacious. So why so few goals?
The impression I get is that he lacks a winner's ruthlessness, and that affects him at the micro-second level enough that it's the difference.

Now for the Irish team he has Darragh Burns, Dara Costelloe and other kids coming up behind him, Idah hopefully coming back maybe this spring, Connolly too.

I think his movement is good for link up play but he's not in the box enough for my liking and also he may have just been big for his age when he was scoring in the kiddies leagues at Spurs.  He's missing an ingredient right now for sure.

Senior football is a totally different sport.  Just because some lad does well at u21 or u23 level in no way indicated how they will do witht he big boys.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 5:56pm
Looking like a bad move, Preston create absolutely f**k all chances really! You would think Spurs would have done their homework.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:07pm
On the one hand, he doesn't get any service, despite taking >23 shots this season, which would point to him being wasteful more than anything.

On the other, you've people defending him by saying he's more of a #10 than an out-and-out striker, in which case wouldn't that make him part of the problem if they're not creating anything? 

I mean, it doesn't really look very good whatever way you cut it.

It was pretty agricultural teams who were linked with him before PNE came in and I'm not sure how solid the interest was from those other teams.

So it was probably looked at as a means to an end by Spurs and the player to get his progression ticking upward again - when in hindsight, he'd probably have been better served staying in League One one more season and building on the way he performed over the last two or three months of the previous season.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:22pm
Preston are like Ireland at our worst, they create next to nothing and basically their only hope of scoring is from a set piece. The ball barely went near him in the 25 minutes he got today. It's yet another case of players being sent on loan without actually considering the quality of the team they're being sent to. Most players would struggle to score in that team at the moment, as illustrated by Riis' massive fall off from last year.

Edited by The O'Shea - 01 Oct 2022 at 6:23pm
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

On the one hand, he doesn't get any service, despite taking >23 shots this season, which would point to him being wasteful more than anything.

On the other, you've people defending him by saying he's more of a #10 than an out-and-out striker, in which case wouldn't that make him part of the problem if they're not creating anything? 

I mean, it doesn't really look very good whatever way you cut it.

It was pretty agricultural teams who were linked with him before PNE came in and I'm not sure how solid the interest was from those other teams.

So it was probably looked at as a means to an end by Spurs and the player to get his progression ticking upward again - when in hindsight, he'd probably have been better served staying in League One one more season and building on the way he performed over the last two or three months of the previous season.

Really hope he comes good, but I said it before the window, I just don't know exactly what it is he does? On the evidence of the last week, Kenny should be looking at another potential partner for Obafemi - Connolly, a fit Idah, Ogbene, in November. Whoever is staring come March needs to be scoring goals at club level, cos there no goals in our midfield currently! 
Idah Dream!
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Looking like a bad move, Preston create absolutely f**k all chances really! You would think Spurs would have done their homework.

This is his 3rd bad move now. Nearly harder than finding a unicorn is finding this lad the 'right' club.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Preston are like Ireland at our worst, they create next to nothing and basically their only hope of scoring is from a set piece. The ball barely went near him in the 25 minutes he got today. It's yet another case of players being sent on loan without actually considering the quality of the team they're being sent to. Most players would struggle to score in that team at the moment, as illustrated by Riis' massive fall off from last year.

Yet Robbie's there! Smile
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Yet Robbie's there! Smile

And he creates nothing from open play, he's only useful from set pieces.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:42pm

If he was as good as he wants to be or we hoped he’d be he’d score for any team in the Champioship

Poor return 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If he was as good as he wants to be or we hoped he’d be he’d score for any team in the Champioship

Poor return 

Still young, just suffering from the hype, Ferguson the next in line for that! Troy has plenty of good qualities, too early to judge what his ceiling might be, but he ain't going to be kane's replacement!
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

This is his 3rd bad move now. Nearly harder than finding a unicorn is finding this lad the 'right' club.

Really? He had a very good season at MK Dons last year!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Poor return 

Still young, just suffering from the hype, Ferguson the next in line for that! Troy has plenty of good qualities, too early to judge what his ceiling might be, but he ain't going to be kane's replacement!

No I know that 
I quite rate him but would be good to see him start to find the net at club level 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 11:50pm
Really hope he delivers, definitely shows nice glimmers every now and again but his scoring record is criminal. Would not have him in the next squad, we need forwards that can score and need to hit the ground running for the euro qualifiers. Have to try something different in the two friendlies. 
Here we go again
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 7:02pm
On the bench again tonight. Lethal bagsman Sean Maguire starting ahead of him.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

On the bench again tonight. Lethal bagsman Sean Maguire starting ahead of him.

Shame, live on the box, was going to watch it, parrott vs o'Shea!
Idah Dream!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 9:25pm
Maguire getting a lot of praise on twitter tonight.. Parrott may well have lost his place for now. Maguire’s fitness record is poor so he’ll likely get another chance sooner rather than later.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Maguire getting a lot of praise on twitter tonight.. Parrott may well have lost his place for now. Maguire’s fitness record is poor so he’ll likely get another chance sooner rather than later.

Maguire was good, worked hard! Parrott didn't even get off the bench for him. Browne and Molumby were shocking, both hooked. Brady did well in cm but tired badly 2nd half, cunningham best of the Irish. O'Shea did ok, nothing much to do.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 250>
  Share Topic