You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 250>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

nobody said to write him off. But my money is he’ll go the stokes/ Ireland route unless he cops  on. Mourinho who knows him better than us on here hasn’t been happy with him off the pitch.

We’ll see - big 2 years - hope he cops on and does it on the pitch anyway 

So you're writing him off then LOL

Hopefully he can prove Mourinho wrong. Would be very interested to know if Mourinho's criticism is warranted or not. 
ah here ffs, he clearly said, and you highlighted it, “unless he cops on”. That is not writing him off. 
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

One of the best footballers in the world has been accused (on more than one ocassion) of committing sex crimes. By comparison,I think Troy taking a few pictures with the son of a drug dealer probably isn't a great reason to write him off as a lost cause...

He was pictured drinking with Sean Little who was shot dead, Sean's friends were also shot dead.

Nobody is writing him off as a lost cause.

Edit: well maybe wheelo is

So what, if you're friends with someone who is killed that makes you somehow "tainted by association"? LOL Come on now, have you ever heard the likes
Well actually yes. If I was associating 100% innocently with someone who was involved in or ended up with head vents because of criminal activities, I would expect to be on the radar of for example, the Gardai. If I was also a fairly well known footballer or indeed any other reasonably known personality, then I would expect to be subject to scrutiny in the press and/or elsewhere. Rightly or wrongly it goes with the territory. Regardless, Id personally be giving such individuals a wide berth anyway for fear of ending up another innocent gangland victim. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

One of the best footballers in the world has been accused (on more than one ocassion) of committing sex crimes. By comparison,I think Troy taking a few pictures with the son of a drug dealer probably isn't a great reason to write him off as a lost cause...

He was pictured drinking with Sean Little who was shot dead, Sean's friends were also shot dead.

So what, if you're friends with someone who is killed that makes you somehow "tainted by association"? LOL Come on now, have you ever heard the likes
Well actually yes. If I was associating 100% innocently with someone who was involved in or ended up with head vents because of criminal activities, I would expect to be on the radar of for example, the Gardai. If I was also a fairly well known footballer or indeed any other reasonably known personality, then I would expect to be subject to scrutiny in the press and/or elsewhere. Rightly or wrongly it goes with the territory. Regardless, Id personally be giving such individuals a wide berth anyway for fear of ending up another innocent gangland victim. 

Grand so, we'll all give up on Troy because he isn't a psychic who should have known his friend would be murdered; and as a result of his friend being murdered Troy is now himself "damaged goods".

That is perhaps the most stupid rationale I've ever seen posted on this forum, congratulations.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'm not going to lie, it pissed me off reading the contemporary accounts of how Robbie Keane would "ingeniously" get around Trapattoni's alcohol ban while Andy Reid was made into a scapegoat for messing around with a guitar.

Well if rumour is to be believed, there is a lot more too it than that.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:36am

nobody said to write him off. But my money is he’ll go the stokes/ Ireland route unless he cops  on. Mourinho who knows him better than us on here hasn’t been happy with him off the pitch.

Hopefully he can prove Mourinho wrong. Would be very interested to know if Mourinho's criticism is warranted or not. 
ah here ffs, he clearly said, and you highlighted it, “unless he cops on”. That is not writing him off. 

I was winding him up.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:41am
Was listening to interviews about the reaction to Cyrus Christie's interview with OTB and there was a fella Darragh McAuley (possibly wrong on his first name) who worked as a Social Media advisor for the FAI from 2016-2018, and worked across all age groups. 

He accompanied the teams at 2 U-17 euro championships, so he's probably worked with Parrott (think he had just moved to Spurs before those euros, but open to correction) at some stage. Said he asked all the players who had received some sort of social media training and only 2 players, who were with big clubs (didn't name them obviously) had received any training.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Roy Keane liked a pint. 

Too many opinions here from people who haven't got a scooby.

Roy got pulled out of a cell by Alex Ferguson more than once when he was younger. Was regularly in scrapes around Manchester. Some ridiculous examples being used as a stick to beat Parrott with here. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 9:58am
18 year olds do stupid stuff.  We did.  Playing regular football with adults at Millwall should help.  
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Roy Keane liked a pint. 

Too many opinions here from people who haven't got a scooby.

Roy got pulled out of a cell by Alex Ferguson more than once when he was younger. Was regularly in scrapes around Manchester. Some ridiculous examples being used as a stick to beat Parrott with here. 

You're right, but if he was your son would you not be a teeny weeny bit worried?

He's not his son, so what does that have to do with anything? We'd all have a lot of concerns about everyone if we viewed their actions through the prism of "what if they were my kid". It's just a nonsense frame to view another person's actions through, because obviously you're going to assign a far higher level of concern to your progeny than is rational or reasonable.
We're decent enough..
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 11:19am
Some amount of nonsense on here.
The latest pics I saw yesterday of Troy are from the Millwall training grounds.
Lets focus on that.
Massive season ahead for the lad and I for one and very excited to see him get goals in the Championship, which I've no doubt he will do.

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:05pm
Good Luck Troy Parrott I hope you give us all plenty to shout about in the years ahead.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Good Luck Troy Parrott I hope you give us all plenty to shout about in the years ahead.
Surely you meant to say ‘chirp about’
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Lets focus on that.
Massive season ahead for the lad and I for one and very excited to see him get goals in the Championship, which I've no doubt he will do.

Spurs put up pictures of him back training the first days they were back after lockdown and he looked as fit as a flea I was blown away by how much he’d filled out was clearly keeping up on his condition impeccably during lockdown.
He looks equally as robust in those pics. Can’t wait to see how he gets on and if he gets rolling gets 20/25 goal contributions (not unrealistic) and gives Millwall that real star quality he will catch a lot of attention. Even if he doesn’t he will learn the world and it’s mother about the game of football this year will be a great experience for him regardless.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 1:51pm

Grand so, we'll all give up on Troy because he isn't a psychic who should have known his friend would be murdered; and as a result of his friend being murdered Troy is now himself "damaged goods".

That is perhaps the most stupid rationale I've ever seen posted on this forum, congratulations.
Who are you actually replying to here? If its me, then even by your standards, thats a ridiculous reply to something I very clearly did not say, not that thats really surprising coming from you. I merely expressed an opinion that if you associate with ‘elements’ then you can expect to be on the radar for such associations. Yet again on here you have proven that if you don’t like someones opinion you spit the dummy out. Absolutely pathetic..again.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 2:00pm
Legs have gone. Hes finished. He peaked too soon.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 2:11pm
Lads, all of these puns have been done to death numerous times previously. Unfortunately for you, you are not reinventing the wheel with your wit. Deleting the puns.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Lets focus on that.

Spurs put up pictures of him back training the first days they were back after lockdown and he looked as fit as a flea I was blown away by how much he’d filled out was clearly keeping up on his condition impeccably during lockdown.
He looks equally as robust in those pics. Can’t wait to see how he gets on and if he gets rolling gets 20/25 goal contributions (not unrealistic) and gives Millwall that real star quality he will catch a lot of attention. Even if he doesn’t he will learn the world and it’s mother about the game of football this year will be a great experience for him regardless.

yeah he certainly seems to have been doing a lot of strength and conditioning work, fair play, huge looking difference 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 3:00pm

I was winding him up.

Apologies, so hard to tell in here these daysgiven what we’re dealing with.Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 250>
  Share Topic