You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 250>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 4:55pm
Parrott has scored at pretty much every level he's played u23 with Tottenham and Ireland underage levels 

Hes got lots of goals in him, he'll be great to watch next year 
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 4:59pm
YEP.
He's been a success at every age, generally underage his peers so I'm hoping he does well and expect him to improve as the season goes. 
Desperately hope he goes injury-free also. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Turning down Celtic for Millwall would have been unthinkable a few years ago, but it just shows where Celtic's reputation has fallen to. He was 100% right to choose Millwall over them as well, more first team opportunities in a much stronger league.

Its not about Celtics reputation. Its about playing opportunities. He wud get limited time at Celtic pure and simple. 

Or maybe he just didn't want to play for a manager whose football tactics basically amount to kicking man and ball and seeing which you can land further down the field in a dead end league that its players are all playing to get a move out of.

You obviously haven't watched Celtic play,

He could have been part of a historic 10 in a row.

He probably would have won a league and cup medals, played in the CL and or EL, but choose to stay closer to the nightlife in London.

Or potentially start every week for Millwall and not have to move from his home in London as opposed to being 3rd or 4th choice at Celtic?

Its a no brainer to pick Millwall over Celtic at this stage of his career where he needs to be playing week in week out, I've  no idea how you can't see that.

So you believe Parrott needs to be a week-in week-out starter at Millwall but without the pressure of (reasonably) regular goals? Millwall want a dividend, they won't play him otherwise. If Parrott is used as a striker and seems incapable of scoring every four or five games he'll soon end up a Championship bench warmer. Ten goals is not unrealistic. 

Firstly, I never said Parrott needed nor will be starting every week for Millwall, I said "he needs to playing week in week out" which would mean starting or getting minutes off the bench on a regular basis.

Secondly, Millwall's strikers are hardly prolific so I would be optimistic if his all round game is good that he won't necessarily be banished to the bench for months on end or anything. 

Matt Smith scored 14 goals in all comps
Tom Bradshaw scored 10 goals in all comps
Bodvarsson scored 5 goals in all comps
Mahoney scored 4 goals in all comps

Thirdly, I have absolutely no idea why you're saying "ten goals is not unrealistic" when I was the one only a day or two ago who debated with you that if Parrott could score between 5-10 goals next season it would be acceptable. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 8:05pm
anyone else see Troy’s new tat? Seems to love the Eire. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 12:51am

Secondly, Millwall's strikers are hardly prolific so I would be optimistic if his all round game is good that he won't necessarily be banished to the bench for months on end or anything. 

Matt Smith scored 14 goals in all comps
Tom Bradshaw scored 10 goals in all comps
Bodvarsson scored 5 goals in all comps
Mahoney scored 4 goals in all comps

Thirdly, I have absolutely no idea why you're saying "ten goals is not unrealistic" when I was the one only a day or two ago who debated with you that if Parrott could score between 5-10 goals next season it would be acceptable. 
[/QUOTE]

This sums it up neatly Smith Bradshaw Bodvarsson Mahoney Bennet are decent attackers but are very much Championship at best attackers. No fear if he does his stuff and adds his star quality to proceedings he will be playing for them regularly as opposed to the roster of attackers at say Celtic or Bournemouth where it might be tougher getting your game. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 8:41am
So anyhoooooow, good news Troy is going to Millwall.

He may not be an automatic starter but will definitely get a lot more minutes than at spurs.
He’ll score some goals but it’s pointless guessing how many.
The important thing is he develops his game and improves. 
He’s 18 playing in the championship which is fantastic. 
All eyes on millwall fc first game !

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

So anyhoooooow, good news Troy is going to Millwall.

He may not be an automatic starter but will definitely get a lot more minutes than at spurs.
He’ll score some goals but it’s pointless guessing how many.
The important thing is he develops his game and improves. 
He’s 18 playing in the championship which is fantastic. 
All eyes on millwall fc first game !
Looking at their roster of attackers he won’t have to be Mason Greenwood even to play regularly for them. If he can click he will add a bit of star quality to their attack and if he could get 10-15 goal contributions good on him anything else is a bonus. They are pushing for promotion too no doubt hel be key to their hopes.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 1:56pm
a lot of weight on Millwalls shoulders with Parrot there now
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 2:10pm
Bristol Rovers were keen also.  The Pirates were very interested in bringing Parrott onboard.
He's going into the lions den at Millwall.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Bristol Rovers were keen also.  The Pirates were very interested in bringing Parrott onboard.
He's going into the lions den at Millwall.
You're gas altogether
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 8:02am
He'll be playing with some chirpy Cockneys at Millwall. If he can score in his first game,and keep repeating, they'll never give him the bird.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 11:11am

Surely Tottenham have a caveat that Parrott starts a minimum number of games. I'd guess at least 20. 

Where is he in the pecking order at Millwall?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 11:42am

Surely Tottenham have a caveat that Parrott starts a minimum number of games. I'd guess at least 20. 

I'm not sure such stipulations exist with regard to minimal requires playing time. What if he takes time to get going? Will Millwall be required to continue playing him? 

Could be costly for millwall, I think there would be a more casual agreement that looks at whats best for all parties.

Tottenham want parrott to get playing experience.

parrot wants to get the experience 

Tottenham and millwall agree that parrott is at a stage where he could be an improvement on what Millwall already have and has the realistic opportunity to fight for a place.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I'm not sure such stipulations exist with regard to minimal requires playing time. What if he takes time to get going? Will Millwall be required to continue playing him? 

Could be costly for millwall, I think there would be a more casual agreement that looks at whats best for all parties.

Tottenham and millwall agree that parrott is at a stage where he could be an improvement on what Millwall already have and has the realistic opportunity to fight for a place.

They do. Arsenal recalled Eddie Nketiah from Leeds halfway through his loan spell because he hadn't played enough minutes. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 12:08pm

Agreed and looking at Millwalls roster of attackers Parrott is undoubtably adds a bit of quality to what really are championship level at best attackers in the main. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 12:12pm

Certainly Liverpool regularly have that caveat or similar in their loan agreements. I don't know about Spurs though because they don't loan as many players, but it's not at all uncommon.

Often an approach is that the club loaning the player pays less the more they play the player, which is then an incentive for them to give the player game time.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 12:52pm
I'm sure Stephen Kenny is over the moon with this move, knowing if Troy can string a number of games together under his belt over a 3-4 month period he will then become a realistic option for selection.

Its what we're crying out, for once we actually seem to have a little bit of depth in areas that were once devoid of any competition.

I'm looking towards next summer and even from an extended panel point of view, we will have a number of players chomping at the bit to get into the squad! Which can only be seen as a real positive, it now means that rather than having 6 or 7 token call ups to fill holes that wouldnt haven't been there on merit in the past.

Edited by Green Devil - 03 Aug 2020 at 12:57pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2020 at 1:28pm
I cant wait for the next championship season to start to see how he gets on. Its a lot of expectation (or rather hope) that he is our next big thing. With Connolly also looking like he can do it at prem level and idah and obafemi also looking like they have a chance, nit to mention mcgoldrick reaching a new level and long also still doing what he is capable of, all of a sudden its looking like we are well set on our strikers for the next campaign on beyond, which has been a big hole since Robbie came towards and finished his career.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 250>
  Share Topic