You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 251>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:20am
That's an excellent goal return considering the total minutes he's played.

His obvious quality aside, he gets through some amount of work. He starting the physically develop too, he won the ball in the lead up to his goal. Seems able to hold off defenders now too. If he can get the right loan move, it'll be a big season for him.

Has to start again on Tuesday.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 9:05am
Was thinking the other day that Parrott has come with important goals when Kenny has needed them most; Andorra and Lithuania. Last night was another example of showing he can be relied upon.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 7:25am
I thought his general play was top drawer, there were a few occasions where he backed into the defender well to hold the ball up, and some of his touches to bring the ball outta the air were fantastic. 

Watching him live and his movement was quality as well. Only for Obafemi scored that worldie I'd probably have had Parrott as POTM
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:27am
Is it going under the radar a bit that he is in the habit of scoring when in the green? I think even if he is not prolific yet in terms of scoring against top seeds, he seems to at very least have the ability to grab goals against lower seeds. And, given our difficulties in scoring easily against these teams having somebody who’ll pick off goals like that could be a superb asset as we look to do more than just beat opposition, even if by the single goal.

A real green shoot on Saturday was the pairing of Obafemi and Parrott. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:38am
He knows where the net is and is not wasteful either. Not like one of those strikers who needs a load of chances to score. 
I think his ability to score goals and different type of goals I think he has to be in from the start alongside Obafemi is both fit in a two man forward line. 
I think anyway the 5-3-2 / 5-3-1-1 is the way to go. The 3 upfront doesn't suit us i because we are playing wing-backs and it leaves to big of a hole in the middle. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 Jun 2022 at 9:39am
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 3:34pm
Swansea, Middlesbrough, QPR & Preston all interested in taking him on loan according to Alasdair Gold:
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Swansea, Middlesbrough, QPR & Preston all interested in taking him on loan according to Alasdair Gold:

Swansea would be ideal to link up with Obafemi
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 3:48pm
I suppose the only risk with Swansea is that if Spurs are loaning him out as a 9, as the article suggests, he could end up in direct competition with Obafemi for a starting place.

The prospect of Parrott, Obafemi and Idah all playing regularly in the Championship next season is promising though. As well as the older forwards - Robinson, Keane, Hogan.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Swansea be savage from a football perspective alright. 

Bet it will be QPR!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Bet it will be QPR!

QPR is the logical move. In London and the clubs are connected through Ferdinand.
I think Swansea would be a risk too but also he lives these days with his mum and sister so moving them to Wales etc.. who knows. QPR most logical though
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Bet it will be QPR!

QPR is the logical move. In London and the clubs are connected through Ferdinand.
I think Swansea would be a risk too but also he lives these days with his mum and sister so moving them to Wales etc.. who knows. QPR most logical though

Didn't know he lived with his mother and sister. Location wise, QPR make sense. If they are pushing and playing good football then that would also still be good for us
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 6:31pm
How many goals has he know for us?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 1:38pm
Thumbs Up
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 11:12pm
I thought Parrott was a constant threat tonight. Should have done better with the header in the first half. But, otherwise, did very well without a decent partner. 

I'm assuming we are going to persist with the two up top. My only concern would be that if Knight is missing it makes it much more difficult to play that formation. Anyway, Parrott and Obafemi are in possession for me. Idah definitely can play his way into the side too. Idah and Obafemi offers a headache to any defence with a lot of pace and strength and variety of movement by both, and deft hold up play by Idah and quality finishing ability by Obafemi. But Parrott did well in these two games. 

Good result tonight missing Doherty, Obafemi, Idah, Coleman, Duffy, Egan, Bazunu, Omobamidele. Given how the last two games turned out, I'm not sure how many of that group were huge losses. Obafemi to partner Parrott. Doherty for Browne. Bazunu for Kelleher (but he did okay). After that, the back 3 side well tonight.

Starting to have good options at both ends of the field. A left wing back back and another midfield option would be good though. 
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:34pm
Interesting article about strikers in the modern game. Parrott and Obafemi are both in the headline so posting it here, Parrott's thread came up first. It's not so much about either player to be fair.

"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Interesting article about strikers in the modern game. Parrott and Obafemi are both in the headline so posting it here, Parrott's thread came up first. It's not so much about either player to be fair.

"It has created a coaching world, spreading well beyond Europe, where there is a conveyor belt of technically proficient players. The vast majority of youth graduates have all mastered the basics of technique and positioning, which in turn means the majority of players being produced are midfielders and - depending on athleticism - inverted wingers and full-backs."

If that's the case our emerging collection of goalkeepers, centre backs and centre forwards should be in high demand in the next few years. 

Oddly we're producing very few midfielders, wingers or full backs at a high level and many of the ones we do have coming through are either English or from further afield (Cullen, Coventry, Hodge, McNamara, Bagan, Noss etc.). 

Edited by You Tell Me - 17 Jun 2022 at 1:45pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 4:25pm
I didn't see anything from Parrot's performances to suggest that Spurs would be thinking of keeping him in the squad for 22/23 season. Another year long loan in the Championship will be ideal for him. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 4:54pm
Spurs plans for Parrott is another loan for this season and then bring him into the squad in the 23/24 season all gong well
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 251>
  Share Topic