You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 251>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 3:14pm
Starting today and assisted the first MK Dons goal
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 2:21pm
Starts today at home to Gillingham. Replaces Boateng who had been starting recently and got a goal recently. Parrott has to deliver. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Starts today at home to Gillingham. Replaces Boateng who had been starting recently and got a goal recently. Parrott has to deliver. 

Eh, or what?

Such tabloid one-liners don't help anyone.
I'll watch this match and cheer the lad on Thumbs Up

Edited by Fozz - 01 Jan 2022 at 2:32pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 3:03pm
He came off the bench vs Lincoln and was involved in their 2nd & 3rd goals, game ended 2-3.
Game before that he got a good assist vs Oxford.

It's been a heavily interrupted couple of months for Parrott though, he's missed games because of Covid protocols & family stuff, then MK Dons have had games called off because of Covid.

He's going fine though, nowhere near "make or break" (or "needs to deliver") territory.

Playing Gillingham today, 2nd last in the league, hopefully he gets a couple of goals.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 3:52pm
Jaysus, terrible match Pinch
Pitch is also in a bad state.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 4:26pm
unfortunately Parrot is having an absolute shocking game… heavy touches and misplaced passes, looks way off it
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Eh, or what?

Such tabloid one-liners don't help anyone.
I'll watch this match and cheer the lad on Thumbs Up

Needs to deliver to stay in the side I would have thought. I feel he needs to get over that interrupted period and get a run in the side so that this loan can be viewed as a success or progressive.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 4:57pm
Parrott has to be given time. He is very, very young, and a lot is expected of him. It’s not helped by the fact that our options in his position are almost non existent. I think talking about every game as though it’s his last chance is wide of the mark.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 5:00pm
Genuinely, come end of season, what would be considered a successful season for Troy? Goes without saying, but this is someone from a premier League club on loan to league one side.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Genuinely, come end of season, what would be considered a successful season for Troy? Goes without saying, but this is someone from a premier League club on loan to league one side.

Was wondering this earlier. I think at the start of the season if we had of said he'd score 10 goals we'd probably have taken that. So far he has what, 3 or 4? Based on how he has performed so far you would think at best he will get a similar loan next season. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Was wondering this earlier. I think at the start of the season if we had of said he'd score 10 goals we'd probably have taken that. So far he has what, 3 or 4? Based on how he has performed so far you would think at best he will get a similar loan next season. 

From what I've seen and heard so far this season a move to the championship definitely doesn't seem to be on the cards anyway. 

When is he contracted with Tottenham until?
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 5:32pm

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

From what I've seen and heard so far this season a move to the championship definitely doesn't seem to be on the cards anyway. 

When is he contracted with Tottenham until?

And I think that is my point. After a Championship and League One loan last season, I would have thought progress would be playing well enough this season to earn another shot at Championship next season. 

I am not writing him off and he has plenty of time but I just trying to get a handle on progress. I know progress is not always a gradual upward curve for young players. 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 5:36pm
Really hope I am wrong but I have seen a lot of him over last two seasons at club level and overall he has been poor. Very average league one player. I know he is very young but the signs don't look good to me.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 6:31pm
He's doing v well for a 19yo . League one is a good standard and all you have to do is look at Mark Sykes first few years there ( he had 1 goal in his first 68 compared to 8 in his last 16) to see how long it took him to find form and he's a few years older than Parrott. 

Troy still has to fill out and is learning the game he has done well this year and is going to have off days at that age. Plenty of time to improve aswel most lads don't make senior debut until they are 20+ .

Edited by JoxerDaly - 01 Jan 2022 at 10:48pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 6:43pm
5 goals in 46 games is a really poor return for a striker who was prolific at all the under age groups. He's still very young though.

I'd say he will be playing L1 again next season. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

5 goals in 46 games is a really poor return for a striker who was prolific at all the under age groups. He's still very young though.

I'd say he will be playing L1 again next season. 

Hasn't been playing as a striker though, vast majority of games he has played at senior level are either as no 10 behind a 9 or on the left wing.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

He's doing v well for a 19yo . League one is a good standard and all you have to do is look at Mark Sykes first few years there ( he had 1 goal in his first 64 compared to 8 in his last 20 ) to see how long it took him to find form and he's a few years older than Parrott. 

Troy still has to fill out and is learning the game he has done well this year and is going to have off days at that age. Plenty of time to improve aswel most lads don't make senior debut until they are 20+ .
I think he’s finished at spurs. Can’t see him making an impression on conte. So needs a good 2nd half of the season to increase his options.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 7:43pm
As a Spurs fan there's nothing more I'd love than for Troy to come back and be a legend. But maybe he's just not as good as we'd hoped. I've never seen a nation who love to bang the drum of "sure they're still young" like the Irish.

Nothing over the last 24 months suggests he's going to stand out above any Irish player we currently have at the moment. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 251>
  Share Topic