You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

It’s not great.  Team scores 4 with him on the bench.  If this loan goes south, Spurs might cut him loose.  He has been overtaken by Scarlett and Mandarkay.  

Between international duty and missing games due to Corona he's missed out and the team have won a few games and like you say scored 4 in the process the weekend. He might have to bide his time now for the next couple of weeks again.

That's part of the learning curve for a young player dealing with competition and Mk Dons have a roster of attackers a few Championship teams don't have as strong a bunch it's quite strong. Twine O'Riley a few of them could be playing Championship football next year regardless of them going up.  

I wouldn't panic he's better off out the way on loan from what is a basket case of a club. 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 12:23pm
Strikers take a long time to develop - let's see where they are at 23. Kelleher is 23 and has only played a dozen senior games and lads on here are creaming themselves over him. Parrott is 19 and has played over 50 games yet he's apparently finished.LOL

Edited by You Tell Me - 30 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 12:31pm
I think the doubts arise when a player doesn't perform at multiple clubs, especially at league 1 level.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

I think the doubts arise when a player doesn't perform at multiple clubs, especially at league 1 level.

Nothing out of the ordinary for a lad of his age.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 2:57pm
He's got 4 goals & 4 assists in 17 games (all comps), he's developing nicely.

He's missed the last month because of Covid protocols & family stuff, but he's back now. He'll probably play vs Leyton Orient tonight in the League Trophy.

It’s not great.  Team scores 4 with him on the bench.  If this loan goes south, Spurs might cut him loose.  He has been overtaken by Scarlett and Mandarkay.  

In what way? Neither of those lads are in the Spurs senior squad. Parrott has about 60 senior appearances under his belt, those 2 lads have about a dozen between them.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

He's got 4 goals & 4 assists in 17 games (all comps), he's developing nicely.

He's missed the last month because of Covid protocols & family stuff, but he's back now. He'll probably play vs Leyton Orient tonight in the League Trophy.

In what way? Neither of those lads are in the Spurs senior squad. Parrott has about 60 senior appearances under his belt, those 2 lads have about a dozen between them.

Markanday is ripping it up at U23 and is being linked with a few Championship clubs for a January loan.  Not league 1.   That’s nearer Oliver Skipp trajectory than Troy’s.  Scarlett at 17 is talked about in the same way Troy was a couple of years back.  OK, not touching first team but the potential seem at least as good.  
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 7:06pm
Back in the starting line up tonight. Hopefully gets back into the form he began with at the start of the season.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:59pm
From twitter he went head to head with someone and got sent off. Whether the player milked it to get him sent off or not it's a stupid mistake. Assuming suspensions picked up in the cup carry over to league games.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:08pm
If so very stupid from him after missing the last few games to now sitting out three more games.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:12pm
He did something similar versus Italy in the u21s a few years back. Hasn't learned..Wally brain. Getting concerned about this lads career
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:26pm
he’s a pain in the hole at this stage 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 1:12pm
I half-jokingly said two-and-a-half months ago that it would probably be March before he scores again, and he's managed one penalty during that time.

Not looking that fanciful now!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Watched the sending off and I can't say he was the main culprit here, It was a high ball,  parrot and the player maneuver position, both tustle a little (nothing g in it) parrott was then walking away and the player hits him in the back of the head, parrot doesn't like it and walks over and they both square up to each other (this is why parrott is sent off) bit of a nothing burger and I'd agree parrott should not have approached the player but the other player only gets a yellow and parrott gets a straight red...

Look up the other player. Looks and behaves like a complete twat. I'm glad he's going bald.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 2:02pm

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I half-jokingly said two-and-a-half months ago that it would probably be March before he scores again, and he's managed one penalty during that time.

Not looking that fanciful now!

You're being a little misleading here Hotlips,

In September he played 5 games scoring 1 and 3 assists which is a decent return in the league.

Hes played 4 league games since September completing 75mins, 4mins, 26mins,1 minute in those games. (Barely a full game in total)

Hes been injured, been away due to covid and personal reasons... 

Hes not the finished article but no need to write off his talent 

I'm not writing him off at all. I'm just saying; zero goals from open play in ten weeks, out of the starting eleven and now facing a suspension. What I said wasn't nearly as outlandish as one or two people made out at the time.

I doubt he'll go without scoring from open play until March but I don't think this is going to be the season where he'll start showing why he was compared to Robbie Keane.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 6:47pm
Not in the starting lineup tonight.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 6:50pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Not in the starting lineup tonight.

On the bench so hopefully he'll get some minutes on the pitch 

Is Kioso injured? Not in the squad.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 9:14pm
on sub. Hit the bar straight away. Unlucky.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 10:16pm
I was impressed with Troy tonight. Really unlucky with that shot against the bar. Looked quick off the mark too with nice bursts of speed 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 251>
  Share Topic