You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 250>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:55am
Very few teenage players burst onto the football scene and hit the ground running, players like Robbie, rooney, haaland, Owen etc are really exceptions to a rule.

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Very few teenage players burst onto the football scene and hit the ground running, players like Robbie, rooney, haaland, Owen etc are really exceptions to a rule.

They are even rarer now. Due to the physicality of the game you have to be strong enough to compete. Michael Owen, at 17, wouldn't get a game now, never mind for to a World Cup at 18. The likes of Haaland and Mbappé were stronger and more suited. Raw talent isn't enough anymore. 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

People need to cut Parrott a break. I watched a few Ipswich games this year, they are a poor team and they're not creating much in the way of chances for Parrott. He is always showing for the ball, producing lots of useful flicks and touches, problem is no one else is on his wave length and most of the play gets hoofed. It must be very demoralising for the lad with such a bad team.

Once this season ends, he can regroup and get back to Spurs for their pre season. He's probably not going to compete with Kane just yet, but he could still get 10-20 games a season at Spurs next year as they rotate and sustain injuries. Even if he doesn't get the chance, he also has the option of another loan period. Ideally he chooses a decent Dutch of Belgian team next time out.

I am still very confident Parrott is going to be a big player for us in the years to come. He might not break Keane's goal scoring record, but he's more naturally talented than the likes of a Long or Doyle, so I think 20+ goals is definitely in his range.

Understatement of the year.

Followed immediately by the overstatement of the year.

Unless he meant 10-20 minutes...
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

They are even rarer now. Due to the physicality of the game you have to be strong enough to compete. Michael Owen, at 17, wouldn't get a game now, never mind for to a World Cup at 18. The likes of Haaland and Mbappé were stronger and more suited. Raw talent isn't enough anymore. 

Owen still would. He was unreal at an early age.
I love beer gardens
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Owen still would. He was unreal at an early age.
He would have to be a lot stronger. I agree that he was brilliant, but brilliance isn't enough.
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:14pm
troy left out of the matchday squad for ipswich and instead played for the u23s today in a 1 nil loss Ouch
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
😔🤦‍♂️
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

troy left out of the matchday squad for ipswich and instead played for the u23s today in a 1 nil loss Ouch

He avoided the landmine that is the senior squad. Ipswich were 2-0 down vs relegation struggling Wimbledon even before Ipswich were reduced to 10 men on 28mins 

They have real problems in that team, sadly the answer is not Parrott.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 7:41pm
Well I did say a few posts up that I thought some under 23 football would do him no harm, I wasn't thinking Ipswich under 23s though. Just an awful season for him. Hopefully it stands to him in time but he needs a full reset back at Spurs now. Probably will get that as there will be little interest from any decent clubs in loaning him next season now anyway.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:01pm
lads, I used to pop into ybig every few days to see what good news there was about Irish players - you know, who'd scored, who'd set one up, who'd gotten motm etc. f**k me it's been months since there has been any good news. Tonight I log in to find Parrott and Long can't get in lower league match day squads while Kelliher is mysteriously out at Liverpool still for no known reason. Its depressing.....
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

lads, I used to pop into ybig every few days to see what good news there was about Irish players - you know, who'd scored, who'd set one up, who'd gotten motm etc. f**k me it's been months since there has been any good news. Tonight I log in to find Parrott and Long can't get in lower league match day squads while Kelliher is mysteriously out at Liverpool still for no known reason. Its depressing.....

Not wanting to put too negative a spin on it but bar the sporadic positive reports, it might as well be this time last year when no football was played. Actually we were much more positive when football was suspended. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Not wanting to put too negative a spin on it but bar the sporadic positive reports, it might as well be this time last year when no football was played. Actually we were much more positive when football was suspended. 

Wasn’t that McCarthys second reign apparently?
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wasn’t that McCarthys second reign apparently?

😂 Was more so referring to our lads at club level. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 10:34am

He's not really. He's a stomach tear that is taking a hell of a lot longer to heal than initially anticipated.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 10:51am
I'm always surprised that more young lads don't tear their stomachs. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 11:04am

There used to be a phrase during the Stan reign that the away trips were great until the game kicked off.  Now we don’t even have the away trip and have even worse results and players.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:16am
Could be returning to Ipswich for another loan next season: https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/spurs-troy-parrott-set-to-return-to-itfc-7898476

Football League World is the original source but I don't know how reliable they are.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Could be returning to Ipswich for another loan next season: https://www.eadt.co.uk/s/ipswich-town/spurs-troy-parrott-set-to-return-to-itfc-7898476 - https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/spurs-troy-parrott-set-to-return-to-itfc-7898476

Football League World is the original source but I don't know how reliable they are.
This would be a terrible move. Ipswich are a poor footballing team and not suited to Troy at all. He needs the ball at feet, not in the air. He needs talented players on his wavelength around him, not technically limited English players. He's not even getting any goal scoring chances by all accounts at Ipswich, what is the point going back?

He would be better off staying with Spurs and the under 23s with the chance of playing in some cup/European games. Otherwise, his agent needs to get his finger out and find Troy a proper club.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 250>
  Share Topic