You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troy Parrott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 251>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:50pm
Right, parrot starts again tonight vs Hull.

Crowley and Judge also playing so I've paid ipswich to watch the game to see how Parrot is actually performing for myself.

He wants to be scoring tonight or I'll be sending a strongly worded email.
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Crowley and Judge also playing so I've paid ipswich to watch the game to see how Parrot is actually performing for myself.

How much?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:11pm

LOL

I found myself getting irate with Parrott because of the amount of poxy Millwall games I chose to watch during his last loan spell
El Puto Amo
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

How much?

£10 - so far I'm not seeing a return on my investment 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:41pm
Watching it here too...I'm not seeing anything to suggest Crowley is a player we will ever see in a green jersey.
At least Parrott has time on his side... 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Watching it here too...I'm not seeing anything to suggest Crowley is a player we will ever see in a green jersey.
At least Parrott has time on his side... 

Yeah, agree with that. Hull have been terrible so far. Missed a sitter though so could be level 

Edited by Left foot - 23 Feb 2021 at 7:43pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:50pm

OK, so the first half Parrot analysis looks like this.

Ipswich have been thr better team, Parrot playing in behind the forward (Norwood I think, he's been the best player so far)

Some nice touches by Parrott and he gets back to help defend in numbers, he not one to get stuck into 50/50s though.

Hes had a good chance to score, was put through in the final third and needed to run towards the keeper and shoot but kept running straight to the byline. A parrott with confidence would have done better.

Some good movement from him but ipswich players will never find those runs 

I would say he grew into the game in the last 15 mins. 

All in all he did.... OK

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 7:55pm

OK, so the first half Parrot analysis looks like this.

Ipswich have been thr better team, Parrot playing in behind the forward (Norwood I think, he's been the best player so far)

Some nice touches by Parrott and he gets back to help defend in numbers, he not one to get stuck into 50/50s though.

Hes had a good chance to score, was put through in the final third and needed to run towards the keeper and shoot but kept running straight to the byline. A parrott with confidence would have done better.

Some good movement from him but ipswich players will never find those runs 

I would say he grew into the game in the last 15 mins. 

All in all he did.... OK

Sounds like a generational talent to me.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:29pm
He needs to start scoring soon
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

He needs to start scoring soon

Or what?
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:40pm
I just meant for his confidence because the longer he goes without a goal the more pressure will come on him

Edited by aviva8 - 23 Feb 2021 at 8:41pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 8:56pm
Second half was ok too actually, thought he covered a lot of ground today and some good touches.

Seen a lot of the ball and always offered for it. 

The thing is, if he just plays up front he's just not going to see the ball for large periods of the game, so he picks it up from deep areas. Ipswich will just not create many chances. 

Not a team that an out and out goalscorer will thrive in.

Think the jury is still out on him but I think it'll be a couple of seasons before we see him progress.

Not sure what others thought?

Additionally - beating Hull away is a decent result seeing as Hull are third 

Edited by Left foot - 23 Feb 2021 at 8:57pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:07pm
I'll go as far as saying he's ahead of Idah in the pecking order for me.

I appreciate idah has been injured but in the last 4 games (I think) he's only.seen a minute to see out each game he's come on.

Parrott is playing 90 mins of football week in week out and will get better after each game. I can't see Idah seeing much football for the rest of the season.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:22pm
I wouldn't be against keeping both with the Under 21s for now. Parrott doesn't look ready for the seniors yet and Idah needs the games, I don't think that we can throw him in for the seniors when he's getting so little game time at Norwich.

Also Parrott, Idah and Odubeko all in the Under 21s would be interesting.
geansaí View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:27pm
I haven't seen any of his games so I can't really comment on his performances.

My two cents is that people should just ignore his lack of goals for now, it's just not important yet.

The important thing is he is playing. I remember reading comments from a manager, I think it was Klopp, in relation to deciding if a player was going to be sent on loan and where. His basic point was deciding what a player needed to develop, did he need to go somewhere that played a similar style of football where he could just slot in and maybe score a few goals, increase his value and confidence. Or if you think the player skills and ability, its about learning the other part of the game, the graft and the hard yards. 
Judging by the comments about Milwall and Ipswich they are definitely falling into later category, if he stays in the team and plays well then the loan is a success. If he scores a couple of goals then that's a bonus.

Keep him in the squad for the internationals and give him a go against Luxembourg
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I wouldn't be against keeping both with the Under 21s for now. Parrott doesn't look ready for the seniors yet and Idah needs the games, I don't think that we can throw him in for the seniors when he's getting so little game time at Norwich.

Also Parrott, Idah and Odubeko all in the Under 21s would be interesting.
I think its clear Parrott and Idah are not ready yet but saying that with the lack of quality in the squad are you better off letting them develop in the squad
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 10:15pm
Crowley substituted at half-time in same match. I think his Intl aspirations are rather ambitious.
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 3:25pm
youtube channel from a spurs fan showing their loan players every touch in the games they play. Very handy to have a better look at Troy 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 251>
  Share Topic