You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

@Tribal World Cup Special

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: @Tribal World Cup Special
    Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:26pm
@Tribal,

I think you deserve a special World Cup thread, so we can pick your maradona of the ybig footballing knowledge brain.

@Tribal
I'm hopeful Roy Hodgson will pick or stumble upon a German formula of trusting youth, relying on pace mixed with a healthy mix of power. I'm banking he does by sticking a few bob on Sturridge as top goal scorer at 66/1 each way.

Is this..
Fools Gold
or
Road to Rio?

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 18 May 2014 at 11:28pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:31pm
@Tribal are Fred and Falcao worth a flutter for the Golden boot ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:36pm
He doesnt answer unless it is with hashtags #AskTribalWCspecial
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

He doesnt answer unless it is with hashtags #AskTribalWCspecial

The great man thoroughly deserves such a tremendous hashtag, but, ybig been the great unwashed, we'll have to settle for @tribal
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

@Tribal,

I think you deserve a special World Cup thread, so we can pick your maradona of the ybig footballing knowledge brain.

@Tribal
I'm hopeful Roy Hodgson will pick or stumble upon a German formula of trusting youth, relying on pace mixed with a healthy mix of power. I'm banking he does by sticking a few bob on Sturridge as top goal scorer at 66/1 each way.

Is this..
Fools Gold
or
Road to Rio?

I slightly favour Uruguay and Italy to get out of that group and Uruguay and Italy will both be fairly solid at the back so I can't see him getting too many goals.

How does each way work with the top goalscorers? Generally a load of players end up with 3, 4 and 5 goals.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

@Tribal are Fred and Falcao worth a flutter for the Golden boot ?

20/1 for the main centre forward of the favourites. I think it's definitely worth a bet.

Some rumours that Falcao will announce during the week that he isn't fit enough to play in the World Cup. If you are betting on it I'd wait a few weeks.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 12:33am
@Tribal

Dear Mr.Army,
I have a question for you.  Who is the last player to score an own goal for Uruguay who had a cheese sandwich before a game? Normal own goals do not meet my query, as it must co-incide with the cheese sandwich curse, a well known football phenomenon whereby eating cheese sandwiches can cause own goals to be scored.
Many thanks in advance,
Lord Trap Junior of Corribside
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

@Tribal

Dear Mr.Army,
I have a question for you.  Who is the last player to score an own goal for Uruguay who had a cheese sandwich before a game? Normal own goals do not meet my query, as it must co-incide with the cheese sandwich curse, a well known football phenomenon whereby eating cheese sandwiches can cause own goals to be scored.
Many thanks in advance,
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:02am
@Tribal

Who will qualify from Group A along with Brazil?

How do you rate Ecuador's chances of getting out of group E?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:05am
Are Costa Rica not ultra defensive and have s good keeper too in Navas so it may not be the group for losds of goals. What you think tribal.
AKA pedantic kunt
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Are Costa Rica not ultra defensive and have s good keeper too in Navas so it may not be the group for losds of goals. What you think tribal.

really hope these lads put the pain on England after shearers comments

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

What did She-ra say ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 1:26pm

@Tribal

Dear Mr.Army,
Many thanks in advance,

Luis Cruz in the 3rd place play-off in 1954 against Austria is the only Uruguayan to score an own goal in a World Cup tournament.
At that time Uruguay was second to only Mongolia in meat consumption per capita, therefore I deem it unlikely that Luis Cruz ate a plain cheese sandwich before the game causing him to score an own goal. It is more likely his sandwich was made up of beef or other meat as well as cheese.

Regards, TA.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 1:34pm

What did She-ra say ?

"costa rica are the no-hopers in this group"

they never ever learn LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 1:36pm

What did She-ra say ?

"costa rica are the no-hopers in this group"

they never ever learn LOL

'kin hell

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

@Tribal

Dear Mr.Army,
Many thanks in advance,
Luis Cruz in the 3rd place play-off in 1954 against Austria is the only Uruguayan to score an own goal in a World Cup tournament.
At that time Uruguay was second to only Mongolia in meat consumption per capita, therefore I deem it unlikely that Luis Cruz ate a plain cheese sandwich before the game causing him to score an own goal. It is more likely his sandwich was made up of beef or other meat as well as cheese.

Regards, TA.
Mighty work Clap

Edited by Shedite - 19 May 2014 at 3:24pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

@Tribal

Who will qualify from Group A along with Brazil?

How do you rate Ecuador's chances of getting out of group E?

Difficult to see past Croatia after the seasons Rakitic and Modric have had. Although I think Mexico are far better than they showed in qualifying. Cameroon bottom.

I think Switzerland are a better side than Ecuador and I slightly favour them to qualify, but Ecuador playing France in the last game could give them an advantage if France have already qualified.
Also Ecuador - Switzerland is the first game in that group at 1pm in Brasilia. Huge game in that group.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:53pm
Do you not think the Swiss are light up front TA?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic