You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trevor Clarke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trevor Clarke
    Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:01pm
Could've sworn he had a thread. Anyways, after starting the first game of the season, Trevor has been told to find a new club despite signing a new two-year deal over the summer. He's one of three players exiled by Joey Barton.

This chap has had no luck since moving to England.

Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:53pm
If he doesn't rate him he could have moved him on without completely hanging him out to dry as he has done there. But then why give him a new contract to begin with? 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:06pm
Barton proving that he hasn't become any less of a pr*ck over the years. Clarke will be doing well to be rid of him.
We're decent enough..
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:54pm
Id like to think theres more to it but then again its Joey Barton we're talking about here.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Barton proving that he hasn't become any less of a pr*ck over the years. Clarke will be doing well to be rid of him.

completely agree, comes across horribly (as usual) in those quotes
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Id like to think theres more to it but then again its Joey Barton we're talking about here.

Apparently his post match comments last week included "if you'd told me at the start of the summer that Trevor would be starting for us in the first game of the season, I'd have said we must have had a really bad transfer window" - and this was after Clarke had actually played well according to their fans! What sort of a manager says that about his players? It's genuinely lowlife behaviour.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:28am
If I was the owner I'd be f**king pissed anyway. Even if the club took the 12 month extension I'd be pissed if the manager says a month later na don't want him anymore now.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 1:55am
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

completely agree, comes across horribly (as usual) in those quotes
Incredible quotes from a manager- can’t remember seeing anything quite like that before 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 5:04am
Definite grounds for defamation action, although that could prove messy. Given what Barton has said - and that Bristol Rovers will be paying Clarke's wages over the next two years - surely a loan arrangement will be in the offing. A likely irony is that Clarke may be on Bristol's books longer than Barton.

Edited by Mr Brick - 07 Aug 2022 at 5:06am
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:20am
barton really is a viscous little toerag of a man to make comments like those. Clarke should rinse this club for every penny that's on his contract 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

barton really is a viscous little toerag of a man to make comments like those. Clarke should rinse this club for every penny that's on his contract 
Glen said he’s a great bloke🙈
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

considering how the game is very much about contacts and requiring relationships I don’t see how Barron gets jobs. Probably the least like person in football.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:18pm

First class knob. Can't believe he's actually involved in management 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 7:09pm
Cannot believe the character assignation by Barton here. Sounds like a falling out behind the scenes and Barton is being a prick in the media like a child 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 7:12pm
In terms of being a footballer, that's as bad a character assassination as you'll get; not in good enough shape last season, can't play the position, can't pass the ball, doesn't trust him, doesn't take information on board etc.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 7:42pm
an absolutely horrible statement from a pretty horrible person... Not helping the club getting rid of him either as Barton's comments would put off potential suitors
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

In terms of being a footballer, that's as bad a character assassination as you'll get; not in good enough shape last season, can't play the position, can't pass the ball, doesn't trust him, doesn't take information on board etc.

You could add that it's objectively incorrect. Anyone who watched Clarke at Shamrock Rovers would tell you that the offensive side of his play was his biggest asset, and it was the defensive side that would need more work, yet Barton says he can't play in a side that wants to play on the front foot. Clear as day there was a big falling out and Barton is taking the opportunity for a cheap shot.
We're decent enough..
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 7:55pm
Clarke has a two year contract. He can stay and draw his wages Joey wont last 2 years.
alive and kicking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic