You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

travelling without tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bencelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: travelling without tickets
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:16pm
Confusedhi lads; gave up on ticket portal ,where do you think best place to get tickets on match days ,at the stadium or in the fanzone in poznan.
Sponsored Links

Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by bencelt bencelt wrote:

Confusedhi lads; gave up on ticket portal ,where do you think best place to get tickets on match days ,at the stadium or in the fanzone in poznan.

Both - add in pubs, talking to locals, even hitting up the cops. People on the ground will know of people with tickets - a lot of locals have tickets. The only issue will be price. Hopefully you meet a decent person looking to only cover their costs.
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:08pm
Reckon once you get out there chances of finding someone selling at face value will be very slim.Don't forget the portal is opening soon i think you should keep trying the portal or prepare to pay over the odds.Smile
Shake and Bake
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:40pm
when the portal opens again try be on it as much as you can a local in poland asked me for €300 a ticket and they were cat 2s. A lot of poles have bought tickets of secondary sites and are trying to sell on at a profit according to the woman who we booked our apartment from
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:46pm
Dont panic, and dont pay over the odds, it will become very obvious how many tickets are or arnt available the day before games.

There IMO is not going to be a big neutral demand for tickets.

It could end up being like the Eurpoa final in lansdowne with loads ot tickets appearing at the last minute, when thompson and co cancel their allocations.
I know nothing :-)
bencelt View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bencelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:29pm
cheers for the lift and i,ll keep trying that feckin portal.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:26pm
best places normally are the main train station and the stadium. 

If there are two of you then one in both.  Prices can vary - I tried and failed to get into Croatia v Japan in Germany having just tried the station (touts asking mad money) - later found out they were face value at the stadium. 

Keep asking.
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:37pm
Yeah I reckon I will head to the stadium and work my way back to where the Irish fans are based in the city centre, asking everyone and anyone.
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:53pm
Ask every single person you see starting in the airport on your way out. If you have a spare for say the Italy game and are looking for Croatia or Spain bring it to that game - might be a clincher for someone looking to sell/swap a spare for that game. Day of the game, I would say go to the area where Irish fans are gathering - usually the main square, Irish pubs, fan zone - the touts will mill to these areas too so you will catch Irish fans looking to sell spares and touts. I would also make my way out to the stadium nice and early taking into account any fan exclusion area, get your bearings - find out where the Irish end is. Be patient and hold your nerve - closer to kick off, prices fall
Back o' the Net !
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 10:17pm
Invest in a cheap tshirt and you can get printed on the front and back.....ticket badly needed....
Byrne91 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byrne91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 10:26pm
I ended up getting one in Tallin from asking every local i saw for 3days, id be supprised if people didnt get sorted with 40000 seats over there.
jpbb03 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbb03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:10pm
For me, missing the match is not an option.  Unfortunately, this means that I expect to pay a premium.  I'm only looking for tickets to one match.  The thought of not getting in the stadium far outweighs the thought of paying double or triple face value.  I will do my reasearch, live on the portal, and explore every other option out there, but I'm going to see the men in green play.  I can't put a price on that.
This trip has already cost thousands and I haven't even left yet, so what another few hundred?
jpbb03 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbb03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Byrne91 Byrne91 wrote:

I ended up getting one in Tallin from asking every local i saw for 3days, id be supprised if people didnt get sorted with 40000 seats over there.
40,000 seats is a small stadium.  More reason why people will not get sorted unless they are willing to pay.  Supply vs Demand.  If you are fortunate to get tickets on the portal, even at 120 euro each, consider yourself lucky.  You will pay much more everywhere else.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:58pm
40,000 to see Ireland v Croatia

no way will it fill

only reason tickets are hard to come by now is uefas cocked up procedures, poles will not may €100+ to watch us

remember the sold out uefa europa cup
jpbb03 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbb03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:28am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

no way will it fill

You are high.  Please bring some of that good stuff to Poland and I would be happy to meet up and discuss how sold out these matches are.

This match would be sold out if it held 60,000, nevermind 40,000.

Edited by jpbb03 - 04 May 2012 at 12:29am
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:37am
Originally posted by jpbb03 jpbb03 wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

no way will it fill

You are high.  Please bring some of that good stuff to Poland and I would be happy to meet up and discuss how sold out these matches are.

This match would be sold out if it held 60,000, nevermind 40,000.

We will bring far more fans than Croatia. And we will bring 20-25000. Croatia will have max 10000. We will all get a ticket. There are 500 tickets for this game on sale on viagogo alone. The Poles will all ship out soon
Veritas View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:48am

Croatia will travel in larger numbers than 10k. Much larger imo.

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:27am
I'm sure there'll be loads of tickets knocking around over there. I might have one spare ticket for Croatia myself but won't know until a day or two before the game as one of the lads going with me (he's on this forum) has an operation two weeks before the match. I'd advise people to just ask any Ireland fan they get talking to have they any spares because if I have one, I'm not spending my day asking people to buy it but would gladly sell it if asked.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic