You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travel thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

not as long as you have been tight git 

Don’t mind him McG this is a lad who went to a different bar in Skjope as he heard it was 1.10 a pint rather than 1.25.

Leave him alone Baldie , NR is a legend to travel with you will always get the best deal wherever you go Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Boeing seriously need to address their ‘auto stall recovery’ on the Max. Airlines also need to give extra training for the aircraft, it’s different then the NG which has been around for two decades. 

It seems the auto stall recovery in the two planes that crashed was an automatic system based on one sensor that may have been giving false readings in those cases.

It also seems that there are other sensors already installed on every plane that would have realised there were false readings, and overriden the automatic anti-stall system, or at least flagged it properly - if the airlines in question had paid extra for the safety system. They didn't, so the planes crashed. It was nothing other than a simple software extra that only takes Boeing a few minutes to install. However, despite it costing next to nothing extra to install, they charge thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands, per plane, for those safety extras.

Lion Air and Ethiopian did not pay for the extras so their planes crashed. It seems Boeing are now going to include it as standard. Which is only f**king right.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 12:03am
Honestly, you'd like to think the "this plane won't crash" safety system should be included as standard on a $100m aircraft.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 2:44pm
Wow air look like they're due to go bust, if anyone is flying with them soon I'd keep a close eye on it and get your travel insurance in order.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 3:07pm
anyone been to New York for New Years? thinking about going there for 5 nights on December 30th. 

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 25 Mar 2019 at 3:45pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

anyone been to New York for New Years? thinking aout going there for 5 nights on December 30th. 
Millions.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 3:52pm

anyone been to New York for New Years? thinking aout going there for 5 nights on December 30th. 

Me. I done it a few years ago, it’s an amazing experience if you’re in Times Square when the ball drops. However you will be in a pen waiting with hundreds of thousands for 10 hours or more, as you need to be their early for a good view. You can’t leave to use the toilet etc once you’re in the pen you’re in it.

I’d do it again, in another lock of years. We stayed in Times Square, I think the Plaza has their own sort of penned area we found out when we got there which would of made life easier. 
sounds like hell to me
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Me. I done it a few years ago, it’s an amazing experience if you’re in Times Square when the ball drops. However you will be in a pen waiting with hundreds of thousands for 10 hours or more, as you need to be their early for a good view. You can’t leave to use the toilet etc once you’re in the pen you’re in it.

I’d do it again, in another lock of years. We stayed in Times Square, I think the Plaza has their own sort of penned area we found out when we got there which would of made life easier. 
sounds like hell to me

+1 
10 hours in a pen in the cold...no toilet facilities.... 
why?

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 4:58pm

sounds like hell to me

LOL LOL. I was thinking the same, squashed in a pen. Eve pigs can piss in the stye
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 5:03pm
Dundalk on NYE is where it’s atClapYou can even have a piss while drinking your pint hi
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 8:38am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Wow air look like they're due to go bust, if anyone is flying with them soon I'd keep a close eye on it and get your travel insurance in order.

Just gone tits up. creased operations 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 8:40am

Dundalk on NYE is where it’s atClapYou can even have a piss while drinking your pint hi

LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 8:52am

Halted operation, they're hoping an impending takeover goes through in the next few days.

Not looking great, but not dead yet
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Halted operation, they're hoping an impending takeover goes through in the next few days.

Not looking great, but not dead yet

Nope gone bust

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:02am
Norwegian be next I'd say
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:04am

why do you say that? now i haven't look at any of their financial communications recently or heard anything 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:07am

why do you say that? now i haven't look at any of their financial communications recently or heard anything 

Don't have enough money coming in to meet their obligations I don't think, also been crippled by their Boeing's being out of action, first the 787's and now the 737-max.

Expanded too quickly, same as Primera Air and Wow Air did, both gone. Only thing here is I'd imagine Lufthansa or IAG (BA) will buy them up and keep them going.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:32am

Don't have enough money coming in to meet their obligations I don't think, also been crippled by their Boeing's being out of action, first the 787's and now the 737-max.

Expanded too quickly, same as Primera Air and Wow Air did, both gone. Only thing here is I'd imagine Lufthansa or IAG (BA) will buy them up and keep them going.

ya think? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic