Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traps attendance at games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 11:55am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

I wouldnt fancy tryna learn Italian now and im 26- but in fairness no one is handing me 2m yoyos to work in milan now are they

Trap is being paid to qualify for Euro 2012, not to learn English, nor to watch matches in England or else where.

How he does his job is imaterial to me as long as we get there.

What if we dont qualify?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 11:57am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

I wouldnt fancy tryna learn Italian now and im 26- but in fairness no one is handing me 2m yoyos to work in milan now are they

Trap is being paid to qualify for Euro 2012, not to learn English, nor to watch matches in England or else where.

How he does his job is imaterial to me as long as we get there.

What if we dont qualify?

Then its time to review his postition.

No point IMO in recruiting a manager like Trap with his excellent track record and then trying to tell him how to do his job.
I know nothing :-)
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:24pm
just read a bit of the thread so my apologies if its been said.capello goes to sumtimes 3 games a day,maybe 5 over a weekend.has a helicopter and driver to get him there.he smoozes,shakes the hands etc.means fook all when you get the team together.imo its a bit overrated with the blanket coverage of football on tele nowadays.he knows the type of player he wants and how they mite fit into his system.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 12:35pm
I have to say I would never trade attending a game for watching it live on TV. For a start there is the athmosphere and then you do definately see a lot more when there. And for all those who rate Paul McGrath as the best defender Ireland ever had, you should have seen some of the play of Dave O'Leary when he was playing. Also jurnos have their agendas and if you want to show a player in a good light then they will or the opposite. Remember watching Paul McGee at Bohs and the papers were saying he was the greatest thing since sliced bread but anyone who saw him play live would disagree. Off the point but I do think Trappa has help in England from the likes of Brady, Hughton and McCarthy plus Tardelli and maybe even Capello.
There are friendlier places to drink.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 1:55pm
Ridiculous comments about learning more on DVD than watching live . Yis must be taking the piss . .

Trap knows what he is doin and has more staff to keep tabs on things and go to games than most international managers do . He trusts his henchmens judgement on players and then makes the big decisions himself.

He is 70 lads. Pipe and slippers. Let him enjoy his nixer with us cos he is doin a good job Big%20smile

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 11:39pm

Interesting read this thread.

I agree with people who say that there is nothing like seeing a game live, all you see on the tv is where the ball is going FFS and nothing to do with runs that players are making off the ball into space, down the wings, into the box etc. I am not saying Trap should be attending these matches but Tardelli or someone should defo be there on his part and it should be a regular thing IMO, I dont think it is a lot to ask from the fans to be at least given hope that Tardelli might watch Sunderland v Wolves one weekend and have a look at Reid, Ward, Meyler, Keogh and Doyle or whatever game.

These lads need to be given some hope that they are being watched by someone at international level, only problem is even if someone comes into a good run of form who is not in the squad they wont get picked and we will still have a lot of players in that squad IMO that should not be picked especially when some aren't even getting their games at club level.

Like Sheridan is a fookin perfect example, who the fook watched him and thought he was better than Stokes? Now I am not saying Stokes is this unbelievable player but he gets goals and knows where the back of the net is and if this lad keeps getting picked over Stokes it backs up the point that there needs to be more representation for Ireland at matches at the weekends.

What will those that are saying as long as we make the Euros it doesnt matter think if we fail? Get rid of Trap? I thought this lad was invincible on this forum, well you would think he is flawless in his ways the way some people talk about him, not saying he is a sh1te manager, clearly he isn't and his record speaks for itself but he is definitely not flawless the way some people seem to go on about him here......

scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Interesting read this thread.

I agree with people who say that there is nothing like seeing a game live, all you see on the tv is where the ball is going FFS and nothing to do with runs that players are making off the ball into space, down the wings, into the box etc. I am not saying Trap should be attending these matches but Tardelli or someone should defo be there on his part and it should be a regular thing IMO, I dont think it is a lot to ask from the fans to be at least given hope that Tardelli might watch Sunderland v Wolves one weekend and have a look at Reid, Ward, Meyler, Keogh and Doyle or whatever game.

These lads need to be given some hope that they are being watched by someone at international level, only problem is even if someone comes into a good run of form who is not in the squad they wont get picked and we will still have a lot of players in that squad IMO that should not be picked especially when some aren't even getting their games at club level.

Like Sheridan is a fookin perfect example, who the fook watched him and thought he was better than Stokes? Now I am not saying Stokes is this unbelievable player but he gets goals and knows where the back of the net is and if this lad keeps getting picked over Stokes it backs up the point that there needs to be more representation for Ireland at matches at the weekends.

What will those that are saying as long as we make the Euros it doesnt matter think if we fail? Get rid of Trap? I thought this lad was invincible on this forum, well you would think he is flawless in his ways the way some people talk about him, not saying he is a sh1te manager, clearly he isn't and his record speaks for itself but he is definitely not flawless the way some people seem to go on about him here......

Without sounding like a prat Ive seen Cilian Sheridan play 3 times for CSKA, if I can get to see his games Im sure Trap can!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
kieranmc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kieranmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 6:58am
Ridiculous saying that you learn more from a DVD than from a live match. Unless there's a 'player cam' following the Irish players then there's no way you can see all the work a player does off the ball on a DVD. It's true that you can view replays on a DVD which you can't do in real life but...what the heck is stopping Trap or Tardelli from using both? The DVDs should be used to supplement going to matches, to review important incidents rather than gain a complete view on the players.

Regarding cost, I think the national team can afford to spring for a few match and train tickets for Tardelli once in a while!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 4:30pm
BUMP

Fergie missed the s****horpe game to go watch valencia against athletico madrid

Fergie obviously believes that he needs to personally watch players/teams
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 4:38pm

BUMP

Fair play to him Confused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

city4life View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote city4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 5:02pm
scotty i would think that after 3 games you can see why celtic got rid of sheridan?he offers nothing 2 the ireland set up and certainly wont get or make a goal!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by city4life city4life wrote:

scotty i would think that after 3 games you can see why celtic got rid of sheridan?he offers nothing 2 the ireland set up and certainly wont get or make a goal!
Famous last words boy
book and marked for future reference.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 2:35am

BUMP

just topping up on his tanThumbs%20Upany excuse not to go to scunny on a miserable weds night

Edited by BigStrongMan - 23 Sep 2010 at 2:36am
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 2:49am
trap is doing a good job , we only lost to france last campaign so that is a great run , if he brings up our seedings then it is job done regardless of whether we qualify or not , our seedings have taken a terrible hit..

that being said we need to start beating teams and he is too negative in centre mid, there must be a happy medium which can be found
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 3:05am
Originally posted by city4life city4life wrote:

Well he has scored once for CSKA, but hes not their best player by any means, he plays wide in a 3 man strike force which doesnt suit him. But yeah I agree, he wont offer much but playing in a foreign league may just toughen him up a bit!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic