You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap - Stay/Move on?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
Poll Question: Would you like to see Trapattoni remain in charge or move on?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
101 [49.27%]
104 [50.73%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KILCRUISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 9:22pm
reckon trap stays for next campaign. he will make some alterations , maybe not a lot but i think he will shift his ideas. mcclean will play
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face
Sponsored Links

dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 9:28pm
hindsight is great by saying drop keane, he would of been one of the first people on everyones teamsheet before the euros. yes we underperformed against croatia, imo given at fault for 2goals. spain we were outclassed by probably the greatest international team ever, italy i felt we played well until again given spilled that shot to give away the corner!!! and to prove it the 2 finalists are from our group!!!

trap got us there, would we of prefered another what if and that could of been us sitting at home or on a barstool!!!! i would like some change yes but as the saying goes in trap i trust!!!

Edited by dotts101 - 29 Jun 2012 at 9:30pm
Kingkeano16 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

hindsight is great by saying drop keane, he would of been one of the first people on everyones teamsheet before the euros. yes we underperformed against croatia, imo given at fault for 2goals. spain we were outclassed by probably the greatest international team ever, italy i felt we played well until again given spilled that shot to give away the corner!!! and to prove it the 2 finalists are from our group!!!

trap got us there, would we of prefered another what if and that could of been us sitting at home or on a barstool!!!! i would like some change yes but as the saying goes in trap i trust!!!

I agree, Trap did a great job to get us there. I'm not saying Keane should have been dropped. IMO it didn't matter who we put out, we were totally outclassed by two very very good teams and by one team, we should have been competing with.

But now after the Euros, I feel that a change is needed. I think Keane won't be able to offer us much if he continues to play in LA, I think Ward is not good enough at LB and the midfield needs and overhaul. My belief is that Trap is going to go with the old guard and I know he says he will make changes, I can't see too many unforced ones.

If he leaves, he will have left as a hero, if he stays, I can see it turning ugly..
Mr Burns: Tonight Homer I want you to show Marge the time of her life.
Homer: Marge! We're getting a drive thru and doin' it twice!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

The people have spoken. Didn't he Trap say let the people decide? This results should be sent to the Fai.

Confused Its pretty much 50/50. So the people have decided that were undecided?LOL

It was 27-25 when I wrote that which is conclusive evidence that Trap is a spoofer. 

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:05pm
I think for now he should stay,even if he did have a shocker at the Euro's.But if he doesn't make enough changes,then I'm afraid to say he has to go,we won't improve without them at all
The Lurker View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lurker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:12pm
Im sure there will be changes and and think fai will put pressure on him over this! part me says walk away out but i think he is the right man to get his through qualifying group so for now stay on

in Trap we trust........we hope
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:12pm
I like a lot what trap has done but he is still so stubborn to make change, which is obviously required now. If I was to have a free choice I would lean towards moving him o . But I think for getting us to the euros he probably deserves another crack at it, I just play he keepa to his word and builds a new squad but I have major reservations that he actually will
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:15pm
[QUOTE=t_rAndy]I like a lot what trap has done but he is still so stubborn to make change, which is obviously required now. If I was to have a free choice I would lean towards moving him o . But I think for getting us to the euros he probably deserves another crack at it, I just play he keepa to his word and builds a new squad but I have major reservations that he actually will[/QUOTE]

This.

I think Trap listens to what people want him to do and then does the opposite. Legend for getting us to the Euros but I think his memory will be stained with a horrific WCQ campaign if he stays on..

Please God I'm wrong but can't see any new tricks from this old dog..

Edited by Kingkeano16 - 29 Jun 2012 at 10:15pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:29pm
People are so fickle, alwaysbwamt more and more. Trap got us to the euros but people expect more and more. Open your eyes we are a small nation we are never going to win a major championship. People who think changing managers or tactics are deluded
trapforpresident View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapforpresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:30pm
Still believe in Trap,he ended a 10 year wait.
From what Trap has said about changes I am confident of a change of system which  will see McCarthy or Houlihan playing behind a lone striker which will give us more players in the center of midfield when we don t have the ball,Trap probably wanted to use this system in the euros judging by his comments after the Hungary game but without McCarthy or Fahey he didnt have the players to make it work.
Other changes seem obvious like Wilson for Ward but Wilson needs to show up for starters. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

People are so fickle, alwaysbwamt more and more. Trap got us to the euros but people expect more and more. Open your eyes we are a small nation we are never going to win a major championship. People who think changing managers or tactics are deluded

Never said we were going to win Euros but it showed up how badly we need change at the minute and Trap does not seem to have that willingness to change. The tactics that got us to the Euros are too easily exposed by quality teams. Even Russia tore us apart at Aviva. We do need a change of tactics, and if the manager in place won't give the team the change it requires, we also need a new manager.

Trap is 73, I'm sorry If I seem ageist, but it's a tad old to be managing! He did well to get us to the Euros but time for a new man to take the reins and rebuild the team.

Edited by Kingkeano16 - 29 Jun 2012 at 10:33pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:39pm
I wouldnt say we were showed up, look what teams are in the finals for instance.I would much rather be hammerd in matches during world cup finals and european finals than.plying good.football in qualifiers.and not qualifiying
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I wouldnt say we were showed up, look what teams are in the finals for instance.I would much rather be hammerd in matches during world cup finals and european finals than.plying good.football in qualifiers.and not qualifiying

You're missing my point, I agree I'd rather getting hammered by Spain than sitting at home for another summer, but I do not believe that the current regime have enough quality to get us to Brazil. I think the rebuilding needs to start now and that a new man would be better for this job. Trap is a little resistant to change and he doesn't seem to trust the likes of McCarthy in midfield.

I know Trap won't leave but I've a bad feeling that he will walk away after two losses in the opening two games of the WCQ. 

Can't see us getting to Brazil if we use the same tactics. We have become too predictable and any good manager will have us sussed from the beginning of the WCQ's.
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 11:21pm
Yes we can be sussed but we still qualified! I think that mccarthy will be brought into the team with mcclean. Duffy wil be brouit to the fringe! Thats all were gonna get, hoolahan wont be brought in. Trap has built a TEAM that play for each other, not themselves! Moscow perfect example, the hypocrisy to a month ago is unreal!!! A new manager would have 1game to build a team! Trap has got us victories in games where we tend to draw or lose like armenia and macedonia! There is a resilience and team ethic there to work to the death! How many times have we thrown away a game in the dying minutes b4? How many times with trap?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 11:27pm
I can see exactly where use are coming from and if you look at my posts prior to the Euros, I was all for Trap so on the hypocrisy charge, I'm definitely guilty!

I just cannot see us emulating what we did in qualifying for the Euros. It was a massive achievement but we got a lot of luck along the way. There seems to be a lot of rumours of malcontent within the camp, but i suppose they have to be taken with a pinch of salt. We just seemed to be way off at the Euros. I know we were beaten by better teams but we gifted them goals, which we haven't done previously and I just think that maybe Trap has taken us as far as he can.

Many think that Tardelli is his ready made replacement, so a change might not cause too much chaos.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 2:10am

Edited by planning - 30 Jun 2012 at 2:14am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Kingkeano16 Kingkeano16 wrote:

I do not believe that the current regime have enough quality to get us to Brazil. I think the rebuilding needs to start now and that a new man would be better for this job. Trap is a little resistant to change and he doesn't seem to trust the likes of McCarthy in midfield.

I know Trap won't leave but I've a bad feeling that he will walk away after two losses in the opening two games of the WCQ. 

Can't see us getting to Brazil if we use the same tactics. We have become too predictable and any good manager will have us sussed from the beginning of the WCQ's.

Kazachstan are the 6th Seeds in the group. If the players aren't capable of winning out there in the first game, the whole lot of them may as well retire now.

I'm very confident of taking at least 6 (and possibly more) points to Malmo next March. Even with our predictability.

People are missing the bigger picture. 4 years ago, we were 10 points away from a tournament, and 4th seeds in a group. 22 results in 24 games later, we're in the World's Top 20, went to a tournament and lost to the eventual finalists, that nobody else with all their wizardry and resources have beaten either. Changes will have to be and will be made over time, but radical surgery is not necessary atm. Things are not all that bad really. They're not perfect, but they could be much worse.

The alternative is we go back to a more "exciting" British coach who tears up everything we've achieved, loses 5 in Kazachstan and finishes another 10 points off qualifying.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2012 at 2:21am
That was the worst case scenario!

I understand the transformation we have had since Stan left. I'd be happy with Trap, if he brings about some change, but I just fear that he won't provide the change necessary..

I'll be there in the Aviva and hopefully in Sweden and Austria supporting the team whoever is in charge.. I just hope that if Trap is in charge we will see a different starting eleven..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 35>
  Share Topic