You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap Juniors Musings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 75>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 10:41pm
WTF is TalkTV?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

How come there was no fat kids in Dublin in the 80s?  When I went to school everyone was at their correct weight or under nourished.  There was fast food back then and processed food.
No computers so kids couldn't sit around all day playing video games and watching Netflix etc, less cars so kids had to walk to school, more fast food outlets available nowadays for parents especially on their phones.

In my primary school they had to feed the kids with fee milk and sandwiches!

I know the point you’re making but there were a fair few fat lads in my class/school in the 90s/00s

McDonalds was a once a year thing or special occasion though. Now it’s every week, once or twice.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 11:17pm
I'm talking late 80s -maybe 1992 here.Around 1994 kids started to get fat.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 12:28am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

How come there was no fat kids in Dublin in the 80s?  When I went to school everyone was at their correct weight or under nourished.  There was fast food back then and processed food.
No computers so kids couldn't sit around all day playing video games and watching Netflix etc, less cars so kids had to walk to school, more fast food outlets available nowadays for parents especially on their phones.

I know the point you’re making but there were a fair few fat lads in my class/school in the 90s/00s

McDonalds was a once a year thing or special occasion though. Now it’s every week, once or twice.

More like every day of the week! The kids in the local secondary schools are packing out McDonalds, Burger King and the Chipper every day at lunch time. Nobody stays in or heads home for lunch anymore with a home made sambo or even a pot noodle like we used.

Heading out for lunch was done once a fortnight or so, we couldn't afford it.

They must be spending the guts of €50 a week on lunches these days. Its madness.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 4:16am

Ye there was always an end of season trip to McDonald's on Kylemore Road for our football team.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 8:29am

Their were computers in the 80's.

My brother and a spectrum 48k from 1982 onwards. Then came the commodore 64 and both were very popular.

You'd spend hours and days playing Football manager and Daley Thompson's Decathlon..and many more.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 9:09am
Plenty of fat kids around too in the 80s. I was one of them.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 9:38am

Yep McDonalds on birthdays and after the dentist for me.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2022 at 8:43pm
What’s with capsules being pronounced capshules on adverts? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 12:25pm
Why do Coca Cola never display the Coke logo anymore?  Ooh because its also the name of a drug?  And that's confusing because...?

Coke logo 2 | ? logo, Tech company logos, Coke

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 3:43pm
Why do people ask a question and answer it at the same time? It's a mild form of schizophrenia.
Oh my I have done it!! 
It would damage this forums' reputation
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 4:29pm
Like Smithwicks, couple of pints of John Smiths great for hair of the dog
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 10:12pm
You never hear or see ads on tv about Danish bacon anymore.  I remember as a kid they were everywhere and Danish bacon supposedly tasted way better.

Also you never see Wash & Go ads anymore or any Vidal Sassoon products

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:37pm
Do Walnut Whips still exist?Geek Havent seen one in years.  You never see anywan eating them either.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 11:29pm

Do Walnut Whips still exist?Geek Havent seen one in years.  You never see anywan eating them either.

Yes. Always on special in our lidl. Champion with a mug of tea.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 11:29pm

Didn't they do away with the walnuts and just call them Whips?
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Do Walnut Whips still exist?Geek Havent seen one in years. You never see anywan eating them either.

Remember being at a neighbour's house as a child with my mother and the woman cracking walnuts with a hammer or something. Here's a musing for ya. It's amazing some of the utterly useless information you retain.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Do Walnut Whips still exist?Geek Havent seen one in years. You never see anywan eating them either.

Remember being at a neighbour's house as a child with my mother and the woman cracking walnuts with a hammer or something. Here's a musing for ya. It's amazing some of the utterly useless information you retain.

That's nuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 75>
  Share Topic