You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap Jnr's to be sacked thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 40>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Surely this is the final nail in Ole jokestars coffin

Mata, Matic, Jones, and Pereira in the best starting XI available to him. A raw Dan James too. God knows where he'd be if Rashford, McTominay, Williams and to a lesser extent Martial hadn't stepped up their games this year. Club is a shambles. But still, they spent a decent sum on Matic, Mata and Jones in the last 10 years so he can't say he hasn't been backed
Can be no more excuses now no matter who is out in this fixture they should not be 2 nd best to a dirt team like burley at home but it is just following a well worn pattern now, out out out and take half that team with him 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:23pm
They wouldn't dream of sacking him. They've learned from Mourinho and LvG, the next manager might question why the people above him deciding how the club moves forward haven't the first clue about football
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:36pm
They might give him the heave ho.  Have a feeling they won't.  He has the right idea in getting rid of the dead wood no matter who they are and bringing in young hungry players.  I just don't think he is a good  manager though.  I think the next manager will benefit from the stuff Solskjaer has done though.  He has done the hard part and someone else will come in and gain the credit for turning the around.  In fact if I was Utd, I'd get rid of that clown Woodworm and give Solskjaer his job.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

They might give him the heave ho.  Have a feeling they won't.  He has the right idea in getting rid of the dead wood no matter who they are and bringing in young hungry players.  I just don't think he is a good  manager though.  I think the next manager will benefit from the stuff Solskjaer has done though.  He has done the hard part and someone else will come in and gain the credit for turning the around.  In fact if I was Utd, I'd get rid of that clown Woodworm and give Solskjaer his job.

The next manager won't benefit from anything. Anyone decent would be mad to go there. Woodward forgot to put recall clauses in Smalling and Sanchez's loans (not that i'd want the latter), negotiated with three lads from the pub thinking they were Herrera's agent, paid 5m extra for Fellaini than his release clause that expired four days prior, i could go on.

People point to the gross spend of the Glazers. They spend the lowest proportion of club revenue in the entire league on the club. Their net spend in 4 windows is less than Villa in 1, and the idea that gross spend under previous managers means there's no excuse for Ole is that reductive that it's akin to saying that it's his fault that Mata isn't playing like Mo Salah, as they cost roughly the same.

Even when they were 'spending crazy sums of money' with no outgoings to offset net spend, it was a drop in the ocean compared to what revenue was. They gave every manager who came and went a random assortment of players, with no thought, no planning, no care for the needs of the club beyond marketing, to appease the fanbase whilst spending a tiny proportion of revenue. Now they've realised that improving the team's fortunes has no bearing on their own bottom lines. The rotting carcass of Manchester United Football Club isn't reflected in the rude health of Manchester United PLC, so they'll continue to feed off it until that ceases, and then sell up. 

No serious manager should go near the place.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 22 Jan 2020 at 9:49pm
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:57pm

Benefit from what? What good has he done since he got the job, seriously?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:10pm

Solskjaer will never get another job in the top flight in England, and probably never would have if United hadn't come in for him.

Was never good enough for the job
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Solskjaer will never get another job in the top flight in England, and probably never would have if United hadn't come in for him.

Exactly and should be removed ASAP as should some of the board
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Getting rid of the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Smalling and all the dead wood in that squad.   He is bringing in young players who want to be there.  It's a case of going backwards before going forwards.  Some of his buys might turn out to be long term players at the club.   What he needs to do now is get in more young players obviously strikers amongst other positions.

Its like putting weedkiller on a weed filled lawn.  You have to kill off everything and then regrow the grass.  He needs to cleanse that squad of all the sh*te which he has nearly done now.  Now its time to bring in a new generation.

Personally I don't think he can really take the club forwards. But getting rid of all the sh*te is a positive in my book.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There's nobody good enough for that job. With the level of incompetence, poor planning and indifference to football-related matters endemic in the club now, hiring the best manager in the world for the job would be like hiring Michael Phelps to swim through a tsunami
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:21pm
No way back from this. He’ll be sacked tomorrow I reckon.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Not a hope. They'll stick with him till the end of the season or at least until how United last in the Europa League.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:33pm
Roy Keane will come in and will get the lads up against the wall for not doing their stuff.  Should be back winning the league in no time.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Not a hope. They'll stick with him till the end of the season or at least until how United last in the Europa League.

With all we know and have seen about how the club operates, i'm genuinely curious as to how things would be fixed with a new manager. It'd be like signing a new keeper to replace DDG and expecting it to be a panacea. The club is sticking by Ole because he's impotent and won't question things. getting in a manager who has won it all and expects standards in terms of how a club is run will only end one way too. In fact, it has only ended one way twice.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

agreed - he’ll be there till the end of the season. Who’s going to come in and improve that team! 

I don’t think he will be there in 2 years time but his main job is to get Man U back to being Man U.
Give the youth players a chance and play attacking football. 
A massive clear out is required. 7/8 players on huge money need to be offloaded. 

They need to start building now to be title challengers in 3/4 years time. They will easily go 10’years without a title. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 22 Jan 2020 at 10:44pm

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 11:01pm

Getting rid of the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Smalling and all the dead wood in that squad.   He is bringing in young players who want to be there.  It's a case of going backwards before going forwards.  Some of his buys might turn out to be long term players at the club.   What he needs to do now is get in more young players obviously strikers amongst other positions.

Its like putting weedkiller on a weed filled lawn.  You have to kill off everything and then regrow the grass.  He needs to cleanse that squad of all the sh*te which he has nearly done now.  Now its time to bring in a new generation.

Personally I don't think he can really take the club forwards. But getting rid of all the sh*te is a positive in my book.

Given he had Phil Jones starting tonight, and brought Shaw and Lingard off the bench I'd say he didn't do a great job of that either. Also, a bit pointless getting rid of deadwood if you're then going to spend a world record fee on Harry Maguire
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 1:57am

3 players you've named above are still United players, Pogba Sanchez and Smalling. Players like Jones, Bailly, Shaw, etc are all still stinking the place out. United moved on only a couple of players last summer when they should have moved on 10 plus players. That is what a club serious about a rebuild would have done. 

Ole is a nodding donkey, a completes yes man, as he knows he'll never get a gig close to this level again. If he and the board were serious about a rebuild, they wouldn't be talking about 2-3 year projects, they'd just get on with it. The board are happy with the nothingness United have become. It will take a long long time for the club to challenge again and getting in someone like Allegro or Pochettino won't fix it. It would also be career suicide for someone like Pochettino to go there considering the level of options he should have.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 1:58am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

The next manager won't benefit from anything. Anyone decent would be mad to go there. Woodward forgot to put recall clauses in Smalling and Sanchez's loans (not that i'd want the latter), negotiated with three lads from the pub thinking they were Herrera's agent, paid 5m extra for Fellaini than his release clause that expired four days prior, i could go on.

People point to the gross spend of the Glazers. They spend the lowest proportion of club revenue in the entire league on the club. Their net spend in 4 windows is less than Villa in 1, and the idea that gross spend under previous managers means there's no excuse for Ole is that reductive that it's akin to saying that it's his fault that Mata isn't playing like Mo Salah, as they cost roughly the same.

Even when they were 'spending crazy sums of money' with no outgoings to offset net spend, it was a drop in the ocean compared to what revenue was. They gave every manager who came and went a random assortment of players, with no thought, no planning, no care for the needs of the club beyond marketing, to appease the fanbase whilst spending a tiny proportion of revenue. Now they've realised that improving the team's fortunes has no bearing on their own bottom lines. The rotting carcass of Manchester United Football Club isn't reflected in the rude health of Manchester United PLC, so they'll continue to feed off it until that ceases, and then sell up. 

No serious manager should go near the place.

Spot on.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Roy Keane will come in and will get the lads up against the wall for not doing their stuff.  Should be back winning the league in no time.

Great idea. Bring in Keano. Add a bit of comedy to farce.

Solskjaer already had Keane in for a pep talk with the squad not long ago. Solskjaer is a walking cliche at this stage. Long may the comedy continue LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 40>
  Share Topic