You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap haters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McGeady7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

Trap cant go out and sign top class players...Dalglish could... Trap has a team of very average Championship standard players.. big difference

bingo!!
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:31pm

Trap cant go out and sign top class players...Dalglish could... Trap has a team of very average Championship standard players.. big difference
Jinky, Trap is not a successful internationals manger, look at his record with Italy. By your own logic club and international management is a different game so therefor we've got a very unsuccessful manager managing us. Surely we should attract somebody more successful???
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Jinky, Trap is not a successful internationals manger, look at his record with Italy. By your own logic club and international management is a different game so therefor we've got a very unsuccessful manager managing us. Surely we should attract somebody more successful???
like who..?
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:36pm
I'm not a Trap hater by any means, but last night tipped my opinion of him the other way.  I haven't been as angry watching a match since Stan's "fighting spirit" win over San Marino.

Awful stuff.  Thanks for some great memories Trap and getting us to a memorable trip (the matches apart) in Poland, but your time is now up and the team/squad is going nowhere.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:44pm

Who do you bring in FW that's the problem. The only people who'd be throwing their hats into the ring are Managers who can't even get a job in the Championship. I'll go fcuking nuts if anyone says McCarthy. He's on a level with the likes of Paul Jewell IMO and if he(McCarthy) wasn't Irish people would be treating him like Jewell. i.e they don't want him near the job.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I'm not a Trap hater by any means, but last night tipped my opinion of him the other way.  I haven't been as angry watching a match since Stan's "fighting spirit" win over San Marino.

Awful stuff.  Thanks for some great memories Trap and getting us to a memorable trip (the matches apart) in Poland, but your time is now up and the team/squad is going nowhere.

Amen to that

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
forks89 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forks89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree 
Everywhere ya gooooo, always take St.Ledger with you!!!
@forks_89_
ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:05pm
Last night was was almost an exact replica of the game v San Marino under Stan.

I remember back to October 2008 when we played Cyprus at home. Usual story...we won 1-0 but we got stuffed all over the park. Dunphy made the point after the match that if that performance had taken place under McCarthy, Stan or Kerr they would have gotten alot of welly for it and deservedly so. Same applies today. I can't begin to understand how some people are still giving Trap carte blanche to under perform as manager.
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by ericdogg ericdogg wrote:

Last night was was almost an exact replica of the game v San Marino under Stan.

I remember back to October 2008 when we played Cyprus at home. Usual story...we won 1-0 but we got stuffed all over the park. Dunphy made the point after the match that if that performance had taken place under McCarthy, Stan or Kerr they would have gotten alot of welly for it and deservedly so. Same applies today. I can't begin to understand how some people are still giving Trap carte blanche to under perform as manager.

playoff loss and qualifiaction from his first 2 campaigns.3 points from a possible 3 from the current campaign.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:26pm
Give it a rest Eddie. When we fail to qualify for this WC his record will be 1 in 3. What stats will you drum up then to defend him?
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:28pm

Give it a rest Eddie. When we fail to qualify for this WC his record will be 1 in 3. What stats will you drum up then to defend him?
thats a great record for a small country like Ireland... look at Wales and Scotland FFS
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:28pm

McCarthy was lauded for a similar record, with a superior playing pool.
ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:35pm
I know...my point being he will be no better statistics wise than McCarthy. In defence of Mick he had to build a team using young guys who hadnt kicked a ball at either club or international level at the time. He brought his group to their pinacle at the WC in 2002. There was gradual progression in football terms under Micks reign. The same cannot be said for Trap.

Edited by ericdogg - 08 Sep 2012 at 1:36pm
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:36pm

Give what a rest exactly, the facts? Oh right let's just talk crap then and make everything up

Eddie is correct in his post, we are 3rd seeds in this group, we should not expect qualification to be easy, last night was a disaster as was the euros but I believe he has 1 game to get it right and if by somehow he can manage to beat the Germans will all be forgiven? Even a draw would be a smashing result, we will be massive underdogs no matter who the manager.

Can someone please tell me who they would like in and who would take it? Very easy to say Trap out like I have before but I have thought long and hard about this and viable replacements are not easy to find, no point changing just for the sake of it.

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:43pm
Billy Davies or Alex MacLeish and even they won't work for what the fai will be able to pay or hold on Dave O'leary or terry venables are available
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

I haven't been on this forum long enough for my opinion as an Ireland fan to count nor have I given out enough sh*t horses to start dog food factory. My bad....

Ah now be fair IM is the "the bookie slayer"
ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:45pm

As your mate Gerk would say its not "crap" its an opinion. Look nobody can deny that the stats and facts paper over the cracks. At this stage he is doing more harm than good.

In terms of a replacement...Trap was not on anybodys radar when Stan got the chop so who knows who could be available to take the role.
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 1:48pm
O'Leary wouldn't come cheap and a good few years out of the game, Venables, really? No way could the fai afford him and another one a long time out of the game.

For me the man to bring in is Hughton but I just don't see us being able to drag him away from the prem just yet but he would be my preference without a doubt, plays nice football and is managing the new age footballer week in week out so will be able to understand them better and manage them well too, just who I would want, we won't get him just yet though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic