You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 11:32am
O'Donnell is staying loyal to his home club Galway

GALWAY United midfielder Stephen O'Donnell plans to stay loyal to the club despite the financial crisis which has hit the Premier Division outfit.

And the former Arsenal trainee has ruled out any notion of going on trial with a cross-channel club if the chance arises for him to try his luck across the water again.

Earlier this month Galway were forced to ask their players to defer their wages and the players have privately been told to find another club if they are worried about their financial futures.

That sparked interest in Ireland and in the UK in some of Galway's top players, including stat strikers Karl Sheppard and Anto Flood, Ireland U21 cap Seamus Connelly, and in-form midfielder O'Donnell.

SPL side St Mirren were linked with a move for Flood and O'Donnell and their manager was even quoted in the Scottish media as saying that he wanted to take the pair on trial, but O'Donnell does not want to leave.

"I am still a Galway United player and I hope to stay that way, despite all that's gone on," said O'Donnell.

"I am certainly not desperate to leave, I am enjoying my football at the moment. I'm playing for my local club so I see no reason to try and leave. We all know the financial situation isn't great, but I'd like to stay if I can.

"I have heard nothing from St Mirren. I saw their manager saying that he'd like to take me and one of the other Galway players on trial but I have no interest in doing that. If they want to see what I can do, they can come and see me play against Bohemians or Shamrock Rovers. It would be a bit of an insult, to be asked to play in a trial game.

"I was playing first-team football in the SPL when I was 19, I played over 60 games there so if they can't make their minds up on that basis then there's no point," added O'Donnell.

Edited by tribalarmy - 14 Jul 2010 at 11:32am
Sponsored Links

DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

"I have heard nothing from St Mirren. I saw their manager saying that he'd like to take me and one of the other Galway players on trial but I have no interest in doing that. If they want to see what I can do, they can come and see me play against Bohemians or Shamrock Rovers. It would be a bit of an insult, to be asked to play in a trial game. 

well said.
cup champions
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 8:49am
Anto Flood, Cian McBrien and James Creaney have been released by Galway United F.C.

Sad to see McBrien go, one of our most promising youngsters and a GUFC supporter. Hopefully he finds his way back to Salthill before the weekend.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 1:15pm
why was flood released

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

why was flood released

Id say flood had a bust-up with connors.

2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Anto Flood, Cian McBrien and James Creaney have been released by Galway United F.C.

Sad to see McBrien go, one of our most promising youngsters and a GUFC supporter. Hopefully he finds his way back to Salthill before the weekend.
McBrien will definetly go back to salthill id say.
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 5:01pm
DUNDALK SEAL MADDEN DEAL
Dundalk have agreed terms with Irish U-21 international defender Simon Madden from Darlington. Madden's arrival is subject to ITC approval which may rule him out of this weekends trip to Galway United. Madden played 26 times for Shamrock Rovers last season before moving to England to sign for Steve Staunton's Darlington

whats he like rovers fans?

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 12:36pm
matt gregg has left dundalk

OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 12:49pm
He's a good player shoco. Wont get in ahead of your right full at the moment, Kelly is it?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 12:52pm
kelly yeah, tho hes injured now too

kelly started on the right wing in his last game, so maybe thats has something to do with fosters thinking then

wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 10:48pm
good signing for dundalk, more players like him should be in the loi instead of the football league doldrums
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 5:33pm
michael synnot has been released by dundalk, would have liked to have kept him if im honest

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 5:50pm
Would love if we got synott again..he was quality for us last season
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 5:54pm
he was injured for most of the season, then got a run against levski and sofia and then wasnt in the squad for galway, we did sign a right back last week so maybe he thought it best to move on, i liked him always give 100%

Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 7:29am
Who's Matt Gregg gone to Shoco? i know from talking to him that he wasnt happy with the amount of games he was getting (before Cherrie was injured) then seemed happy enough when he got back in.

IMO Cherrie has been v.poor since he returned to the side adn Greggy probably thought he deserved his game and done a runner when it didnt happen.
"Just put it up there..."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 7:36am
hes gone to bray

he was never in in the first place, only got a chance when cherrie was injured, to be honest id rather a half fit cherrie than a fully fit gregg, doesnt seem to give the defence much confience and his kicking was terrible, in fairness we were going through a terrible patch when he got in so maybe he never got a fair chance

hope he gets his chance at bray

TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2010 at 8:43am
Neale Fenn retired with immediate effect ,back problems
sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 8:08am
Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

Neale Fenn retired with immediate effect ,back problems
Where is the source for this or is it another exclusive from psBohs
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
  Share Topic