Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transfers/Signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Harps offically announce the signing of paddy McCourt this morning

Bankruptcy looms

Highly doubtful that they giving him big money without outside investment but rest assured if worst comes to it can come ask yous lads in Derry how to get a club going again after dissolving
ClapClapClap
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 8:37pm
I think, considering that his wife was very seriously ill last year, McCourt was only every going to sign for Harps, Dundalk and Derry. Never was going to commute to one of the Dublin clubs. He's probably made a decent living from the game so staying local makes sense.

Serious coup for Harps, at 34 he would still walk into any team in the league.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I think, considering that his wife was very seriously ill last year, McCourt was only every going to sign for Harps, Dundalk and Derry. Never was going to commute to one of the Dublin clubs. He's probably made a decent living from the game so staying local makes sense.

Dundalk? Surely that's almost as bad to get to from Derry as Dublin

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 22 Feb 2017 at 10:21pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Bankruptcy looms
Had he other options? Who did he play Harps against for this payday?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 9:09am

Where's he based?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 9:26am

Well he tried with Dundalk and wasn't offered a contract...

Expect him to do well at harps all the same, hopefully will entice a few more fans through the gate too

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 6:59pm
He has averaged about 10 starts a season over the past 4 years - as much as I'd like to have him we simply can't afford that luxury. We got burnt on mcglynn last year.
Harps will have spunked a fair bit of dosh there - I know paddy and he won't have gone there for the great pitch, stadium and for the honour of playing with damian Mcnulty
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 3:31pm
McNamee to Cork
Greg Bolger to Rovers
Adebayo Rowling to Cork
Cian Coleman Cobh-Limerick

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

McNamee to Cork
Greg Bolger to Rovers
Adebayo Rowling to Cork
Cian Coleman Cobh-Limerick

Most Rovers fan not too bothered about Tobi heading to Leeside. Which says a lot about the lad especially when ya think he had a very good first season with us. He got roasted a few times this season and cost us points. Not the sharpest tool in the shed and the club would probably have gotten rid of him during the season if there was a way. €18k for a player most considered a liability on and off the pitch this season, not too bad.
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 5:09pm
I see davy mcdaid has left Waterford to sign for larne. a team 2nd bottom in the NI 2nd division. 10k signing on fee and on £800 a week to be rumoured. big investor in the club. mad money. turned down linfield for the move.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 5:11pm
Larne??? Wtf, wouldn't send your worst enemy there
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

I suppose he will Larne the hard way.
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 5:22pm

It is a tip. money talks. they signed cliftonvilles shamed ex goalkeeper conor devlin to a few weeks back.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:39pm
Losing Tim Clancy to be the new Drogheda manager is a weird one! Best of luck to him, well liked by the fans at Bray.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

It is a tip. money talks. they signed cliftonvilles shamed ex goalkeeper conor devlin to a few weeks back.

What did he do?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:39pm
Simon Madden to pats almost done apparently. A player I wanted us to sign. Looks like all clubs getting good business done early bar limerick, who are now favourites to be relegated.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Simon Madden to pats almost done apparently. A player I wanted us to sign. Looks like all clubs getting good business done early bar limerick, who are now favourites to be relegated.

And bray
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Where are you hearing this? I'd be delighted with Saints getting Madden but with Barker signing back yesterday, I wonder will Bucko pursue another right full. I hope he does
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223>
  Share Topic