Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transfers 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

So basically you have no idea what "big bucks" was or was not spent. Why bother even saying it then
get up the yard. He has signed some magnificent shyte over the years.

It's you big buck comment I have an issue with, as usual you can't back up any of the tripe you post when pulled on it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I assume Dundalk have tried to cancel that cheque?

I was just thinking the same!

I doubt it, it's the reason we are getting him for 30-40k now instead of the 100k they wanted at the start of the season.

He's one of the few assets they have and was contracted next season

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 5:34pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I assume Dundalk have tried to cancel that cheque?

I was just thinking the same!

I doubt it, it's the reason we are getting him for 30-40k now instead of the 100k they wanted at the start of the season.

He's one of the few assets they have and was contracted next season
Well, according to their own press release, they are all essentially free agents from next week, contract lengths being irrelevant. 
From what I can glean from it, Dundalk have just helped pay Mick Cooke off.
Of course it would have meant incredible prescience from your board to have seen it but I am sure they feel duped by O'Connor.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 5:52pm
Like I said, he was an asset that was worth something, you can hang on to him because you know there are clubs willing to pay for him and keep paying his wages.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:00pm

Like I said, he was an asset that was worth something, you can hang on to him because you know there are clubs willing to pay for him and keep paying his wages.
What were they going to pay him with? According to the PFAI, there is only enough to last the week, and that is after selling Connolly.
I would imagine that he would be free to talk to clubs in a week or two.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:11pm
Possibly, I'm only assuming, but I assume the owner has money, he's just not willing to spend it on the club as he has been told he can't build his apartments. I'm sure he has the money to pay Connollys wage if needed be as he was worth something, hence he is able to get a transfer fee

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:16pm

Possibly, I'm only assuming, but I assume the owner has money, he's just not willing to spend it on the club as he has been told he can't build his apartments. I'm sure he has the money to pay Connollys wage if needed be as he was worth something, hence he is able to get a transfer fee
Surely there are others he could get a fee for too, did they not sign a few players on two year deals? 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:27pm
You can only get a fee if there's clubs willing to pay, then you have to way up the cost of wages you may have to continue to pay vs the fee you will receive.

If we didn't pay for him and he became available for free, then there's nothing to say someone else would have tried to sign him.

Either way we will never know

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:38pm

It's you big buck comment I have an issue with, as usual you can't back up any of the tripe you post when pulled on it
Its the third biggest transfer domestically for a player that really doesn't stand out as exceptional. He signed a litany of expensive duds at Rovers. I'm not sure what you are arguing here
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:41pm
Your big bucks comments on Clifford, I asked you how much and you still haven't answered a couple of days later.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 7:02pm

You can only get a fee if there's clubs willing to pay, then you have to way up the cost of wages you may have to continue to pay vs the fee you will receive.

If we didn't pay for him and he became available for free, then there's nothing to say someone else would have tried to sign him.

Either way we will never know
Absolutely, but from what we know there was only one club interested and I can only assume he was one of Bray's high earners. I am not sure who else would have come in for him, had he suitors outside the league?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 7:25pm
I don't know, like I said earlier I'm only making an assumption, but if he was available for free then I'm sure others would have been interested.

Now I'm sure if we can afford the transfer fee then we could easily outbid anyone else here for wages if you save on the fee. But what's done is done

Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:40pm

What were they going to pay him with? According to the PFAI, there is only enough to last the week, and that is after selling Connolly.
I would imagine that he would be free to talk to clubs in a week or two.

The money is running out cos they're pulling the plug but they could and probably would continue to pay his wages as one of their few sellable assets. He only becomes free when you stop paying his wages. Other clubs have done that in the past.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Sadlier to Cork City looks a done deal. 

By all accounts its over the line.

Be interesting to see the length of the contract. Hopefully its 2 and a half years.
Nobody's getting that at Cork City
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:20am
Rumours last night of 30k for Sadlier and another 10k if Cork win the league. So 40k then.
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Rumours last night of 30k for Sadlier and another 10k if Cork win the league. So 40k then.

How do Sligo fans feel about it? Obviously ye hate the sight of John Caulfield but potentially 40k for a player out of contract in a few months must be a positive? Heard we got just under 300k for Maguire and O'Connor so it wouldnt be a bad way to reinvest from our point of view. 

Still need a striker though. 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:21am
Ah it's a good deal. He's going to be gone in November regardless. To be honest I'm a bit surprised he's leaving. You'd imagine he would get a club in the UK in January if he hung around till his contract ran out. 
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:27am
Edit.

Edited by RKBarmyArmy - 03 Jul 2017 at 10:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic