You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transfers 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transfers 2017
    Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 8:39pm
We've sold connolly to Dundalk

Sponsored Links

adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:26pm
I've read Bray got 50K for him. Any truth in that?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:41pm
Don't like the idea of spending that much on a player at this stage of the season with no chance of winning the league

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Don't like the idea of spending that much on a player at this stage of the season with no chance of winning the league
its called building for next season....i still think dundalk need a top forward.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:51pm
I thought it was 20k?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:51pm
Wasnt all that when you played us nvidic,maybe i need to see him every week but hhe looks average enough to me.mcabe was a great signing for you lads ,along with mr buckley,you wont miss an in and out merchant like connolly surely?we can let paddy kav go for 50k or so if you want.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:18pm
€40,000 for Connolly according to the42.ie who got that figure from RTÉ
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 7:06am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Wasnt all that when you played us nvidic,maybe i need to see him every week but hhe looks average enough to me.mcabe was a great signing for you lads ,along with mr buckley,you wont miss an in and out merchant like connolly surely?we can let paddy kav go for 50k or so if you want.

He's definitely overrated and doesn't perform to his ability near enough but opposition seem to hate playing him and sh*t a brick often enough - he drew six yellows against Sligo. You'd also notice when he's missing, often we just need him to get the ball out from the back at pace and relieve pressure. The other thing is the message it sends out, that you have to leave to further your career.

McCabe is more important though,as is Greene.

Will ask about price later but I doubt people know, he was linked with 100k move to dundalk before so 40 is disappointing. Even more so it if costs go Europe.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:25pm
45k we got, including add-ons
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:40pm
This seems a strange one, how long was his contract? A lot of money for a lad when, hopefully, the league is over. I can't say that I have ever seen the fuss about him but I doubt Kenny would be throwing that kind of money at Bray if he was useless.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

This seems a strange one, how long was his contract? A lot of money for a lad when, hopefully, the league is over. I can't say that I have ever seen the fuss about him but I doubt Kenny would be throwing that kind of money at Bray if he was useless.

End of next season, he's not useless but watching him every week I can't help but feel people think he's a lot better than he actually is
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 1:52pm
Hopefully hands the initiative to Rovers to secure the last European spot for next season.
Never saw the fuss in connolly.
Just another Sean O'Connor from what I've seen.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 1:53pm

Kerrea Gilbert. Reyaad Pieterse. Conor Powell
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Good point on them 3, but name me a manager who hasnt signed as many duds than successful players?
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:02pm
Probably a good indication that Sadlier is coming to City, the much better of the two players imo.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Good point on them 3, but name me a manager who hasnt signed as many duds than successful players?
Who is saying otherwise. Premenstrual said he would be surprised if Kenny spent money on him without knowing full something we don't. I pointed out that he has signed expensive duds before.

I think this is one of those self fulfilling things. Kenny wanted him, the price was too much for the club and now he was landed for a relative bargain.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Who is saying otherwise. Premenstrual said he would be surprised if Kenny spent money on him without knowing full something we don't. I pointed out that he has signed expensive duds before.

I think this is one of those self fulfilling things. Kenny wanted him, the price was too much for the club and now he was landed for a relative bargain.
I didn't, how you interpret things is very fanciful, I like it! I said he wouldn't splash cash on him if he was useless.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Probably a good indication that Sadlier is coming to City, the much better of the two players imo.

All the talk in Dundalk, is that he is coming here aswell in exchange for Mountany and/or O Connor 

Edited by Twoinarow - 30 Jun 2017 at 3:46pm
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic