You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tout's Out Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewrycityonTour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 2:42am
Im not at the match tomight, but Ill go down and happily mug touts...SCUMBAGS
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.
Sponsored Links

Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 3:51am
Originally posted by gregpent gregpent wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/GearoidMcDonagh?v=wall&ref=search

thats his facebook. even looks like a prick

Thats not him. Id take that link down before some innocent fellow gets unwarranted abuse.
GuinnessRed View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuinnessRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 5:49am
And I was just about to post that pic !!

I don't look at the Sun newspaper but is his pic in the online version of it ?
gregpent View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregpent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 7:10am
IrelandAway.com
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 9:01am
Originally posted by gregpent gregpent wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/GearoidMcDonagh?v=wall&ref=search

thats his facebook. even looks like a prick

Good man Gregpent... just sent the lad some abuse!

Tout scum!
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 10:08am
so greg pent is not a tout anymore, hard to keep up hereLOL
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2009 at 7:37pm
A fella on my flight home bought a ticket off a tout outside the Stade for a 10er. also the touts that were outside the metro were generally offering tickets for around face value plus 10/20 quid.

Touts really did get rightly fooked over with barely a third of the Irish support from 04.Clap
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:01am
Ticketmaster is shutting down Seatwave

it will be replaced by a trade/ sell for face value service

ClapClap
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:39am
so...they've created toutless.com
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:07am
Well of course there are still sites like Viagogo so touting will still of course continue but Ticketmaster have to commended for this as they themselves aren't contributing to it.

Having a resale (face Value portal) is a great idea. I'd imagine a few on here have been in the situation were they buy tickets for a gig or even a match and can't go for some reason.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:09am
Ticketmaster saying they're going to combat touts while they were touts themselves previously LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:17am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Ticketmaster saying they're going to combat touts while they were touts themselves previously LOL

Well I don't think they set the prices themselves on Seatwave..(I stand corrected on this if untrue)

Even though they were rumours that they did keep tickets back for certain high profile gigs and sold them for double price on Seatwave
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:22am
This will in no way stop touting just push it to a different site, the problem is the coonts who buy in bulk just to make a profit and until toutmaster put real proper measures in place to stop this it will continue unabated
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

This will in no way stop touting just push it to a different site, the problem is the coonts who buy in bulk just to make a profit and until toutmaster put real proper measures in place to stop this it will continue unabated

I agree but it's a step in the right direction is what I'm saying
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Well I don't think they set the prices themselves on Seatwave..(I stand corrected on this if untrue)

Even though they were rumours that they did keep tickets back for certain high profile gigs and sold them for double price on Seatwave

Well there's no way tickets were being sold for a gig and then available to seatwave within a minute if they weren't up to no good. Also if a ticket was being sold on there for 1K the handling charge would also be extortionate, as in proportionate to the increased ticket price which is mental.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:58am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Well there's no way tickets were being sold for a gig and then available to seatwave within a minute if they weren't up to no good. Also if a ticket was being sold on there for 1K the handling charge would also be extortionate, as in proportionate to the increased ticket price which is mental.

Exactly, who goes and buys a ticket for anything, and within one minute of buying it realizes they can't go, sets up an account on seatwave to offer it for resale.

Ticketmaster if they are serious, will start cancelling all tickets put up for resale at a profit. Never going to happen, tickets are a commodity to make money out of, and its their only commodity.
I know nothing :-)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Ticketmaster if they are serious, will start cancelling all tickets put up for resale at a profit. Never going to happen, tickets are a commodity to make money out of, and its their only commodity.
Keep hearing people say this, is there a way you think they can do this? How could they possibly link the ticket available on ebay to the ticket I bought 2 weeks ago on ticketmaster.ie? 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:12pm
Ticketmaster should be commended for closing their touting site LOLLOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic