Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 9:58pm
That was an absolute stroll in the park for RB Leipzig.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 10:06pm
Yes they have major injuries but they are absolutely gutless.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2020 at 10:59pm
Wouldn't be surprised to see Jose walk tbh.

He wanted to be in a team who are progressing but didn't get backed when they badly needed a striker, right now he's just there for the sake of being there.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He wanted to be in a team who are progressing but didn't get backed when they badly needed a striker, right now he's just there for the sake of being there.

Unfortunately he’ll be there next season.

Jose has only left clubs for 2 reasons:
A - a bigger and better club came calling
B - sacked 

We all know what’s going to happen.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:26am
(Duplicate post)

Edited by Territorial - 11 Mar 2020 at 10:54am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Unfortunately he’ll be there next season.

Jose has only left clubs for 2 reasons:
A - a bigger and better club came calling
B - sacked 

We all know what’s going to happen.
Yep.

The sole reason he took the job in the first place was because he couldn't get anything better.

He must have reckoned that he'd achieve a degree of success (maybe a cup?) with Spurs, or at least something which he could spin as success, enabling him to leave for a properly "big" club again, to match his ego.

But if he were on the market now, he wouldn't even get an equivalent to Spurs, since he has been sorely exposed. Coming after his failure at Man U, I can't believe any genuinely ambitious, competently-run club would now touch him.

Which means whether he walks or (more likely) he's sacked, he'll either end up being taken on by some bluffer of a Chairman looking for a "name" manager, and/or someone offering a shed load of money (China? The Gulf?). Or just maybe a National Team, ideally Portugal.

I know this must sound like Confirmation Bias, since I never wanted him near the Lane, but last night extinguished any remaining hope for me that he might somehow do a job for us.

Sack him now, Levy, and put us all out of our misery, including the Poisonous One himself.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:09pm
You're falling into the trap of being deluded for the sake of personal dislike for him rather than reality. It's been a while since I've read so much tosh in 1 post.

As mentioned before he always wanted a club who were progressing with high ambition - A club with a new stadium and a chairman who likes to spend - Spurs should of fit the bill nicely.

Except this highly ambitious chairman didn't back him.

I'm still confused to how any of this is his fault, and the general consensus on social media appears to be in agreement 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:05pm
Jose was as bad an appointment as there could have been. His stint at Utd was all the warning that was needed. sh*te football. Cup success, yes, but awful sh*te to watch. He's a wealthy man and should retire back to Portugal. 
I would take losing while playing decent football with a decent style of play and some sort of strategy but not that sh*te. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:05pm

As mentioned before he always wanted a club who were progressing with high ambition - A club with a new stadium and a chairman who likes to spend - Spurs should of fit the bill nicely.

I'm still confused to how any of this is his fault, and the general consensus on social media appears to be in agreement 

The Jan transfer window is always difficult to attract players.

But a manager can improve the current team available.
The current team available are still making silly mistakes and conceding way too many goals.

I don’t think Jose has justified his huge salary to date. The defeat to Norwich and the home leg to Leipzig were disappointing.
Ultimately next season will be make or break for him.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:12pm

The Jan transfer window is always difficult to attract players.

But a manager can improve the current team available.
The current team available are still making silly mistakes and conceding way too many goals.

I don’t think Jose has justified his huge salary to date. The defeat to Norwich and the home leg to Leipzig were disappointing.
Ultimately next season will be make or break for him.

This part I agree with. For a man known to put in defensive masterclasses he's doing anything but right now, but it's the only flaw I see in him right now.

All the other mess is down to Levy.

I don't understand the stereotype with Jose tbh, he won the double at Utd, another trophy later and finished 2nd with an awful Utd team. He's been stabbed in the back and hung out to dry when it was meant to be the dream comeback.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:14pm

You're falling into the trap of being deluded for the sake of personal dislike for him rather than reality. It's been a while since I've read so much tosh in 1 post.

Jose was told when he took over that there would be no transfer funds. 

Chelsea have a shocking injury crisis and look what Lampard did, he gave 7 academy players debuts. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 4:38pm

Since he made his breakthough at Porto, JM had only ever managed huge clubs (Real Madrid, Inter, Man U), or Chelsea, who had Roman's millions to burn in the transfer market.

I'd love to say otherwise, but Spurs are nowhere near the stature of the first three, and were never going to give him the money he had at Chelsea. And he had always walked straight into another big job after being sacked/released at his previous clubs. Meaning that being out of work for nearly a year after Man U tells you how low his stock had fallen, so having to slum it at Spurs must have been embarrassing, if not close to humiliating, for a man of his ego.

As for a "Chairman who loves to spend" - don't make me laugh! Spurs have consistently been by some way the lowest net spender of the Top Six, with the lowest wage bill too. I mean, they even went through the summer 2018 window under Poch without buying a single player - unique in the PL! And that was the season when they made a world record profit of nearly £200m!

Whatever else he is, JM is no fool, he'll have demanded to know how much money he would be given to spend before he signed the contract, and Levy will have told him straight. (It was "buttons", btw, with Bergwijn only signed in panic after Kane got injured and they couldn't nab a cut-price Giroud in January)

Where to start!

Strategically he prioritised the FA Cup ("The Special One wins trophies wherever he goes"), then fcuked up to a mediocre Norwich, after nearly f**king up against a similarly mediocre Soton. He next declared he would go for it in the CL, though it hardly looked like as we were being embarrassed by Leipzig, for example. Meanwhile, this has harmed our only remaining hope of qualifying for next season's CL (via the PL), even despite Top Five possibly being good enough.

Tactically, he has been short of strikers, as we know, but instead of at least keeping the defence tight, the team has been absolutely leaking goals. This is largely down to his continually changing the formation (sometimes 3 at the back, sometimes 4, occasionally 5). Worse, he continually chops and changes the personnel who are trying to adapt to this confusing tinkering.

Speaking of personnel, he clearly has his favourites and his dislikes ("scapegoats, more like). This would be fair enough if you had a huge squad and/or a fat transfer budget to spend. But Spurs have neither, leading eg to the ridiculous situation ofa youngster like Tanganga getting picked again last night, after his confidence was clearly shot by the time of the Wolves game, whilst the hugely experienced Vertongen sat on the bench. Or when the club sold Rose (fair enough, he wanted out) and his replacement Davies gets injured, instead of picking Sessegnon or Vertongen at LB, where both have played plenty before, he opts instead for 3 at the back, or plays Tanganga out of position.

Meanwhile, his man management has been appalling - witness eg the way he first refused to start our record signing, Ndembele, then publicly humiliated him by subbing him at H-T vs Burnley, before sl*gging him off to the Press after the game and ignoring him again last night.

As for his famed motivational powers, how does he expect the players to react eg when he's continually moaning about injuries, or (effectively) dismisses our chances against Leipzig after the 1st leg? Is it any wonder that the players have totally and obviously lacked confidence recently, even against lesser teams like Burnley, Norwich or Soton? (I might have added Wolves, except that embarrassingly, they're quite simply better than Spurs these days.)

It was summed up for me at the Norwich cup game, when the bloke behind me said: "This is like watching Spurs 10 years ago" - and we were 1-0 up at the time!

But I suppose I shouldn't trust the evidence of my own eyes or listen to the fans around me at WHL every week, I mean, what do they know?

Yeah, far better I start following the experts on social media, cos let's face it, that's where all the really credible opinions are to be found. LOL

Edited by Territorial - 11 Mar 2020 at 4:44pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Jose was as bad an appointment as there could have been. His stint at Utd was all the warning that was needed. sh*te football. Cup success, yes, but awful sh*te to watch. He's a wealthy man and should retire back to Portugal. 
I would take losing while playing decent football with a decent style of play and some sort of strategy but not that sh*te. 

This.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:25am
Joe Hart!

The homegrown rule means there is a place for an English keeper (mostly 3rd choice) in all top teams.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 9:36am

Joe Hart!

The homegrown rule means there is a place for an English keeper (mostly 3rd choice) in all top teams.
White Hart Layin' (on the bench all season)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Joe Hart!

White Hart Layin' (on the bench all season)

If they get through the qualifying rounds of the Europa League and EFL Cup, Spurs have an absolutely horrendous fixture pile-up coming in November/December - PL on Sunday, EFL on Tuesday, EL on Thursday, PL on Sunday again i.e. 4 x games every 8 days.

The only way they can get through this is to operate two separate teams, hence signing Hart. I reckon he'll play in the cup games, Lloris will play the PL games and Gazzaniga will sit on the bench for both, including flying back and forth for European ties.

Hart being home-grown helps their UEFA quota too, as you say.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 6:23pm
Spurs letting that lead slip FFS.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 6:26pm
haha that was brilliant.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 238>
  Share Topic