Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:00pm
wow

Omg what a match. Ajax the better team except for this 2nd half.

Come on you spurs!!!!

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:21pm
Would you start Kane in the final ZZ, assuming he’s back in training by then?

Moura and Son have done brilliantly in his absence in this competition and Llorente was a game changer tonight 

Kane usually takes a while to find his feet after an injury as well 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 08 May 2019 at 10:21pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Moura and Son have done brilliantly in his absence in this competition and Llorente was a game changer tonight 

Might be better to bring him off the bench.
Depends how match fit he is.

Good to have the option tho.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:22pm

He finds his tongue much quicker.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:23pm
Gotta love Virgin Media Sport.  Instead of showing analysis they decide to show highlights of the game you just watched for the last 90 mins.Ermm

Edited by Trap junior - 08 May 2019 at 10:23pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:31pm
What a team Clap What a manager Clap Pochettino ClapClapClap

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:35am
That was something else. Jaysus, couldn’t see spurs getting 3 goals. Bonus territory now. Nothing to lose.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:16am

Can't speak for ZZ (obviously), but if Kane is fit, he starts, end of.

He's our best player.

By a street.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:10am
Very proud of the boys. They showed some heart in the 2nd half. Nothing to lose now, Liverpool will be favorites and rightly so .....but its a final ..COYS.

As I am on the other side of the world my access to tickets via the club has dried up .....long shot but you know the rest...
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Can't speak for ZZ (obviously), but if Kane is fit, he starts, end of.

He's our best player.

By a street.

I wouldn't start him tbh. I know it's 3 weeks away but there's no games for him to get match sharpness back, and isn't he only just easing back into training this week? I think he'd be more of a hindrance to Spurs if that's the case. 

Loads of examples of similar situations backfiring on teams in important games. Costa in the 2014 final being one that comes to mind.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Very proud of the boys. They showed some heart in the 2nd half. Nothing to lose now, Liverpool will be favorites and rightly so .....but its a final ..COYS.

As I am on the other side of the world my access to tickets via the club has dried up .....long shot but you know the rest...

Sure both clubs are only getting 15000 each for a 68,000 seater stadium
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

wow

Omg what a match. Ajax the better team except for this 2nd half.

Come on you spurs!!!!

Delighted for you and Barna Bee.

Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Fans of the 2 teams that are playing getting less than half the total tickets - absolute joke!  Thumbs Down

Surely it should be more like 25-30k tickets each
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:18am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Fans of the 2 teams that are playing getting less than half the total tickets - absolute joke!  Thumbs Down

Surely it should be more like 25-30k tickets each

I'd say about 5-10k will probably go to sponsors and the football family.

The rest of the tickets were put to a ballot on UEFA website a month ago, you imagine they'll be selling on the black market for €€€€

I don't see why they can't just as you say split them say 25 and 25

As you say really is a joke.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 5:20pm
Going to be in London during the Champions League final. I know they're showing the match in the stadium but was thinking of watching it in one of the Spurs pubs near it like the Bricklayers. Anyone ever been? 

Would it be closed off to non-members/general public for that match? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Going to be in London during the Champions League final. I know they're showing the match in the stadium but was thinking of watching it in one of the Spurs pubs near it like the Bricklayers. Anyone ever been? 
Used to go in occasionally when at the old WHL, but not since. Loads of Spurs memorabilia and others from other parts of the world, especially Irish League - it used to be run by Kenny from Omagh, a big Omagh Town fan. Possibly still is.

Tbh, were it not a Spurs pub (also Kenny), I would never have bothered because in truth, it's decidedly "Old Tottenham" i.e. a sh*thole, with crap beer. Friendly enough, mind, but rough around the edges. Has a "beer garden", though quite honestly it's more like a "beer builder's yard".

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Would it be closed off to non-members/general public for that match? 
Some woman asked on their FB page whether they were charging to get in, and they replied: "no, free entry".

But I reckon you'd need to get there the moment it opens, since it is guaranteed to be absolutely rammed come kick-off.

P.S. Facebook has this amusing pic (though not taken in the Brickies):

https://scontent.flhr1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/60658775_2310559122323554_710371153918558208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr1-2.fna&oh=ecc383321a0fb8f38894e994a9a0361d&oe=5D9D8DB2

Edited by Territorial - 21 May 2019 at 7:00pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:14pm
I imagine with the stadium being open, the pubs should be that bit less busy than they would otherwise. I know that's supposition entirely but the stadium does hold 60,000 and there will already be tens of thousands in Madrid.

I think you'll be grand in the pub.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:21pm
There used to be a Cork City jersey on the walls there, or at least there was when I was last in. The owner was sound too, knows how to play the game quite well. I thoroughly enjoyed my trips there, even if the beer was, as has been said, sh*t. A proper boozer. 
Is the Bill Nicholson still open? Now that is a dodgy gaff! Strippers on match days cocaine everywhere.

Tottenham is an interesting place to pass the day, but certainly not pretty, there are  loads of good cheap places to eat, particularly if you like West Indian food. The White Hart Lane Jerk Centre appears to be still there. It is cheap as chips too and run by an old darling(or was) .The people are friendly and engaging, by London standards at least, but keep your wits about you, especially when drunk!

As I think of it, if you are in the area and drinking, there is an Irish pub in Wood Green called Monaghan's. It is a complete sh*thole in the best kind of way. My two visits there were about three years apart and I am sure nobody had moved in the meantime. The sort of place where anything at all is likely to happen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 206207208209210 238>
  Share Topic