Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

They can compete with Crystal Palace though and could have won this cup and finished in the top 4

But if we win the FA cup and didn’t get top 4 that would be a disappointing season.
Have to focus on top4 and of course still in the champions league this season.

Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

That Trippier **** cost me €400 today. Cry

He is one of the best crossers in the PL, but he's had a horrible season generally. The amount of basic f**k ups he's made this season is a sight to behold

He's had a terrible season so far. A lot of talk that Spurs will try to sign Palace's Wan-Bissaka in the summer - although United said to be keen also.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:07am
Read a stat that since the start of last season Trippier and Walker have played something like around 95 games each
They were putting their bad form down to not having had much of a rest in the las 18 months 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:14pm
Trippier is still a huge asset when near the opposition box. His final cross is deadly a lot of the time. He seems to totally switch off at tea defensively though and can be very sloppy in possession around midfield also. That is something that is far worse this season than last from what I've seen. Fatigue can be mental and physical, but this just seems like laziness to me at times.

Wan Bissaka does look like an outstanding young full back. If Spurs United or whoever get him, they could be well setup for a few years to come. I presume Palace will want a fortune for him though if he's on any decent length contract.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 5:21am
I'm surprised no one has tried to sign him already and get him at a cheaper price than what he'd cost in the summer. He's never really looked out of his depth at EPL level, and you'd imagine he has plenty of room for improvement given his age.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 7:57am
@Zinedine Kilbane 110 is Kaz Sterling rated by Spurs and have you seen him play much?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

@Zinedine Kilbane 110 is Kaz Sterling rated by Spurs and have you seen him play much?

Haven’t seen him play but he made the summer squad to America and he was talked up then.
Played some of the recent FA cup match v Palace.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

When are Spurs going to learn they need to improve their team each summer?

City under pressure today to try and stay with Spurs. 

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Haven’t seen him play but he made the summer squad to America and he was talked up then.
Played some of the recent FA cup match v Palace.

I thought Kaz did well yesterday coming on as sub plenty of pace skill and worked hard.
Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:17pm
Absolutely superb Clap odds on for a CL QF now.

I think Pochettino would be mad to leave Spurs in the next year or two. He has built something special in that squad. Unless it's a case of come the summer, 1/2 more big players leave and very little is spent on replacements, I think the manager would be silly to leave.

Son would be player of the year I reckon only for his couple of stints away with South Korea. Vertonghen was phenomenal Clap

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:21pm
They were saying at half time that Sancho was the best player on the pitch, and at full time that Vertonghen was man of the match
One was right wing and the other was left wing back so they can't both have been amazing

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:24pm
Sancho was good first half though. Football is very much cat and mouse with the top sides now. Tactically the likes of Vertonghen doing as much as possible on the front foot to get the winger on his side going backwards. If the winger doesn't go backwards with Vertonghen then it's a question of having the quality to do damage. Vertonghen was superb in that second half.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:47pm
Vertonghen, Sissoko and Son were great tonight. What has happened with Sissoko is something else. From transfer flop to a very important cog. Thought he was excellent tonight. Tie over I would think. Would definitely back Spurs to score out there
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:27pm
If Spurs somehow won the champions league, Arsenal TV would go into meltdown.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:30pm
Agree about Sissoko, has been unreal the last 2/3 months. I thought he was a complete write off at Spurs myself. Looked like a lad who had lost all confidence in himself.

It is amazing what Pochettino has done as regards tactics though, that midfield of Winks Sissoko Eriksen is a sea change from what had gone before at Spurs 1/2 seasons ago. Wanyama, Dier, Dembele would have played a lot of games together. Pochettino is some man for getting the best out of what he has at his disposal.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:57am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Vertonghen, Sissoko and Son were great tonight. What has happened with Sissoko is something else. From transfer flop to a very important cog. Thought he was excellent tonight. Tie over I would think. Would definitely back Spurs to score out there
Agree with all of that, plus Winks was truly excellent, too - our very own Iniesta!

One other thing, Pochettino is proving the master at analysing a first half of football, then turning the screw in the second, whether by tactical adjustments, and/or substitutions, and/or maybe even a good old half time bollocking? 

He's brave, too, eg starting tonight with a strict 5 at the back, which I don't think he's done before (unsure) and when injuries were forcing him to pick Foytt and Aurier to make up the back line, plus Vertonghen out of position.

And when the whole team buys into his plans completely, against such good opponents in such an important game etc, it shows how much they trust him and want to play for him.

Edited by Territorial - 14 Feb 2019 at 1:02am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Agree with all of that, plus Winks was truly excellent, too - our very own Iniesta!

One other thing, Pochettino is proving the master at analysing a first half of football, then turning the screw in the second, whether by tactical adjustments, and/or substitutions, and/or maybe even a good old half time bollocking? 

He's brave, too, eg starting tonight with a strict 5 at the back, which I don't think he's done before (unsure) and when injuries were forcing him to pick Foytt and Aurier to make up the back line, plus Vertonghen out of position.

And when the whole team buys into his plans completely, against such good opponents in such an important game etc, it shows how much they trust him and want to play for him.

Yeah I thought it was a very defensive line up and didn’t expect us to create a lot. Dortmund were the better team in the first half but Spurs were brilliant in the 2nd.

Son is on top form and Vertonghen was brilliant at left back. 
Harry will be back for the 2nd leg too! 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
Kane hasn’t been missed at all. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 197198199200201 238>
  Share Topic