Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

By today's standards, 23m isn't a whole lot I agree, but that plus the high wages he is on can certainly be considered a huge waste of money given the state of his performances

I would agree that Aurier isn't the greatest signing in the world. They didn't blow anything approaching massive money on him though, and there's no way his wages are that big either.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 4:56pm
Spurs set to be the first team in PL history to not sign a single player in summer transfer window. That'll probably be their greatest achievement this season.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Spurs set to be the first team in PL history to not sign a single player in summer transfer window. That'll probably be their greatest achievement this season.

For now anyway they have held onto Poch, Harry and all their main stars who many on here said would move in the summer (and the summer before).

Besides Liverpool, none of the other big 6 have significantly strengthened this season. 

Playing at their new stadium I’d expect them to get top 4 which is another great achievement.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:15pm
Didn’t lose anyone either. The first 11 will be a match for most and hopefully the likes of Lucas and Llorente step up to the plate this season. Let’s see if Utd ‘improve’ with their signings!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Alderweireld to United seems to be a done deal. Good move for both player and club

LOLLOL

Source?

Has Eriksen gone to Barcelona yet?
Do you read a transfer rumour in the Daily Star and then assume the deal is done?

Bump

From February 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I'm presuming you don't consider Spurs comfortably finishing in the top 4 as an achievement so? Which is fair enough in one way if you don't think that is an achievement, because they will do that very comfortably. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:35am
Can't see Spurs making the top 4! I don't get Moleman's confidence considering Chelsea have brought in a few decent players , held on to Hazard and have a feel good factor with the new manager, United have brought in Fred and Dalot and finished above Spurs by 6 points last season and Liverpool will further improve with their new signings.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Can't see Spurs making the top 4! I don't get Moleman's confidence considering Chelsea have brought in a few decent players , held on to Hazard and have a feel good factor with the new manager, United have brought in Fred and Dalot and finished above Spurs by 6 points last season and Liverpool will further improve with their new signings.

It was 4 points kid and the season before when Spurs played at WHL they finished 17 points ahead of Man U.

I wouldn’t discount Arsenal either.

Spurs, Liverpool and Man City have stable teams/managers and feel good factor. (Spurs a new stadium)

Chelsea and Arsenal have a new manager new to the Premiership so it may take time to adapt but the players will be looking to impress.

Man U are the only ones with dark clouds hanging over them.

City are the only ones I’m confident will make top 4.
Then it’s 3 out of 5. As Spurs have made the last 3 (only teams besides Man City to do so) I reckon that gives them an advantage.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:05am
Spurs definitely gone backwards this summer. Would be surprised if they make top 4
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:15am
School starts back in 3 weeks, looks like Levvy kept his cash for books and uniforms for the kids.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:15am
Spurs have a great starting XI similar to say Liverpool. unlike Liverpool they haven't strengthened the depth of the team.

Spurs imo are a injury or two away from a crisis.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:22am
Silly of Spurs not to bring anyone, I agree with ZZ that it’s not all about summer signings, but there is an element of stand still & you’ll be left behind. 
I’d still fancy em to finish top 4 but Chelsea & Arsenal especially have improved. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Spurs have a great starting XI similar to say Liverpool. unlike Liverpool they haven't strengthened the depth of the team.

Spurs imo are a injury or two away from a crisis.

And it sounds like Danny Rose is leaving Spurs?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:58am
The aim was obviously to bring in players.
Like all the top 6 they probably made inquires for about 20 players and were quoted silly fees. £70M for Zaha was a joke.

Man U made ONE real purchase. Like Spurs they made lots of inquiries and got nowhere and they have a much bigger budget than spurs and a bigger club.

I’m sure Man City were hit with the same problem. They signed ONE player.

Liverpool just got on with it and paid the high fees. In hindsight they got it done early and that proved to be smart.

Out of the top 6 I would say only Liverpool have greatly improved.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:09am
Spurs’ window appears to be no good, but in reality they lost nobody (unless Barca/Real can do deals) even though a large part of their squad had excellent World Cups, the likes of Onomah and Carter-Vickers have returned from loan with valuable experience under their belt, and the likes of Harry Winks is primed to get heavily involved this term. The also tied down Harry Kane to an improved contract.

For Spurs t have had a useful window they would probably have needed to break their wage structure and pay over the odds for players whose value has been inflated by the World Cup. Given the players that other teams have bought, I would have thought that Spurs would have trumped most of them in the market, if they wanted them, or if they felt they needed them. I’m talking about the likes of Digne, Mina, Anderson, Anguissa etc. But clearly Poch decided against it and will continue with last season’s squad. This may or may not be a risk. Wholesale change didn’t work for Everton last term, and Manchester United’s constant revolutions since Fergie has been of limited success. Whose to say this won’t work?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:19am
bhobs wind up post put to bed by some logical, reasoned responses.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

bhobs wind up post put to bed by some logical, reasoned responses.

Confused What I said was in relation to how I feel they, yet again, won't win a single trophy this season.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:34am
Brave of anyone to say this Spurs squad won't win a trophy. The starting 11 is very strong. I don't necessarily agree with some posters saying the squad in weak, but they could probably have done with a forward unless Pochettino is very happy with Llorrente or possibly Alli if needed.

The biggest thing for Spurs is the mood of the manager and all of the squad. If players like Alderweireld and a couple of others are staying around and are happy to graft for the team, Spurs will be in a very good place this season. Back in the new WHL as well which could be huge. Amazing how after the last few years of being consistently good and the really high levels of quality throughout the side, that people still question them.

I do think Liverpool and City are likely to finish a bit ahead though. Spurs imo are the only team even remotely capable of getting close to those 2 in the PL this season. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 238>
  Share Topic