You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 238>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

think Poch will defo be off to Real in the summer. 

How long do you keep Kane happy winning f**k all and banging in all the goals he does. I reckon you’ll get one more year out of him at a push and that’s it. 

Eriksen, Dembele, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will all be sought after in the summer. 

Barcelona and Bayern rumoured to be interested in him

judging by iniesta's emotional substitution over the weekend, he's leaving barca this summer. eriksen could be a decent option there. being careful not to say 'replace' as no one comes close to replaces iniesta. also, levy will have noted the dembele price tag, so will certainly hold out for a sizeable fee.
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:15pm
After a great start and opening half it was a disappointing afternoon for Spurs. While the game was open it was entertaining but once Utd got the lead they closed up shop and spurs madeno impression. It all got very narrow and Utd dealt with any attack. Rose definately missed as Trippier and Aurier cannot get crosses in or attack to the same level.

Spurs have also looked a bit tired in last couple of games and are having problems with well organised defences. They need to come up with more ideas with set pieces etc as they never looked like scoring in second half. Kane also probably came back from injury a little too soon.

While a top 4 finish is not guaranteed they should hold on to 4th spot which could be considered a successful season however the lack of a final appearance will put a downer on the season so they need to ensure they qualify for CL and do their best to hold on to the players they have and attract some good signings.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

How long do you keep Kane happy winning f**k all and banging in all the goals he does. I reckon you’ll get one more year out of him at a push and that’s it. 

Eriksen, Dembele, Alderweireld and Vertonghen will all be sought after in the summer. 

judging by iniesta's emotional substitution over the weekend, he's leaving barca this summer. eriksen could be a decent option there. being careful not to say 'replace' as no one comes close to replaces iniesta. also, levy will have noted the dembele price tag, so will certainly hold out for a sizeable fee.
Heard he's off to China?
Some people just deserve a slap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Pochettino's words after the match are been suggested that he might be leaving. 

What did he say

Just reread the article, he said f all LOL 

he refered to whoever is in charge soon, 'me or someone else'
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

Didn't they buy Countinho to replace Iniesta 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Pochettino's words after the match are been suggested that he might be leaving. 

What did he say

Just reread the article, he said f all LOL 

he refered to whoever is in charge soon, 'me or someone else'

It's hardly an inspiring message though
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:22pm

Poch would be a huge loss if he went but you can’t say no to Real.

Eriksen is a great player but I’m not sure he is good enough for Barcelona/Real. Spurs don’t need to sell and there is only a small number of teams who can afford him and they have the pick of everybody.
Firmino/ Mane/ Salah and Hazard etc will also attract attention from the top clubs.

Dembele is 31 in the summer so I don’t think he will go anywhere.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 23 Apr 2018 at 8:22pm

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:59am
Kane and his family reported to be very unhappy at the joke cracked at the PFA awards about him claiming the goal against Stoke the other week.

What a big baby.

Compared to what some other footballers have to put up with, he's being a bit ridiculous.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:07am
LOL

f**king hell. Maybe he might learn his lesson but I doubt it 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 6:34am
Scrappy win last night but a win was needed after last weekend.

The aim has to be win the last 3 games and get 80pts and come 3rd.
To finish ahead of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal would be a good season. 3rd year in a row for champions league football. 

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:28am
Scrappy but a win is a win after a bad run.

All things considered a 3rd place finish if achieved is a very good season for Spurs although the semi final defeat will still tarnish that achievement.

Edited by reddladd - 01 May 2018 at 10:32am
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 9:33am
74% possession and 18 shots yesterday and still lost.

Just one of those games - can only get 77 points now which is 9 less than last season. 

Still hoping to get 3rd.

West Brom have more points against the top 6 (10) than Arsenal! 

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:41am
Only 1 win in the last 5 for Spurs. You'd have to wonder how many of the players care anymore and how many are eyeing moves away from the club in the summer after another trophy-less season
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 2:06pm
I wonder will Spurs slip up and lose out to Chelsea and Liverpool?

Unlikely all the same.

Edited by horsebox - 06 May 2018 at 2:07pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Unlikely all the same.

Would be such a Spurs thing to do though. They only needed to beat an already relegated Newcastle on the last day 2 years ago to finish 2nd and they lost 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Unlikely all the same.

Two home games coming up so unlikely.
If Liverpool don’t win today I can see them coming 3rd.

To finish ahead of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal would be a good season.
Not a great season but good.

Champions league football for 3 years in a row.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 06 May 2018 at 4:42pm

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:44am
Looks like Spurs have 3rd cemented and a possibility of 2nd still there I think
Will be interesting to see if it's enough to keep Poch, Lloris, Rose, Vertonghen , Kane, Dembele, Ericksen or indeed any of them at the club
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Looks like Spurs have 3rd cemented and a possibility of 2nd still there I think
Will be interesting to see if it's enough to keep Poch, Lloris, Rose, Vertonghen , Kane, Dembele, Ericksen or indeed any of them at the club

LOL

F**k you'll have some hardon the day Spurs sell a few of their top players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 238>
  Share Topic