Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 238>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:45am
I wonder when we'll see Barna Bee again LOL
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:49am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

He is being talked off Sydney Harbour Bridge as we speak.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Pinturicchio Pinturicchio wrote:

Why did Pochetino not throw Lucas Moura on with Lorrente for the last 8 minutes as his pace would of terrified Juve and would of done much more with all the ball that Ben Davies was getting.... Spurs only made 2 subs with Lamela on for Dier and Lorrente on for Deli Alli

Very strange decision not to bring on Lucas, when Llorente came on I presumed Spurs would start lobbing crosses into the box but they still tried to play through the Juve defence, it made no sense to me!

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 9:36am

We sure did

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 Mar 2018 at 9:36am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 9:39am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

He's lost his bottle, just like Spurs.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 9:40am
Zinedine & Barna Bee were straight on to abuse me after Spurs got that outstanding draw in Turin. I'm disappointed they haven't been on to abuse me this morning. Made €22.50 profit on Juventus as well last night. Great night all round.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Son was excellent tonight. Trippier didnt cover himself in glory for Dybala's goal. Could only see one winner at HT, definitely threw it a way.
Trippier shocking for the goal. Amateur defending. The RTE lads focus on Lloris being too close to his line, which was a fair comment, but don't mention Trippier. The most basic of defending, just follow the runner. Even if Dybala is ahead of him, he'll get a chance to nick it, or push him wider for a shot. Really poor defending.

I wouldn't doubt that both Trippier and Lloris could have done better, but in all honesty what the absolute f*ck was Ben Davies at for that goal? He rather bizarrely seemed more concerned with staying level with the opposition player on his wing than his own back line! I've played a few seasons of UCD Superleague in the distant past - probably the lowest level of football possible - and I don't think I ever saw someone do that. It was extraordinary to witness at the CL level.

Last night was just the most Spurs thing you could imagine. It was a great achievement to lose from such a commanding position. Juve had almost given up before they got the leveller as well - they had just been methodically hacking down the Spurs players in the 5/10 mins before the first goal.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 11:32am
Didn’t get to see it , have just moved house so I have beeen packing and unpacking for the last 5 days . Disappointed yes but hope it’s not the beginning of the end for this team. On Ali .... what’s the story ? Taken off when we needed a goal .... not goood for him , has been far less a player than last year . As I said before top 4 for the club would be great this season as it’s such a transitional time for the club ... it’s going to take time !
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:06pm
Only saw the 2nd half, Juventus were just kicking lumps out of them before they slipped the knife in between the ribs. 

I think the team needed a good run to the 1/4 finals and maybe the semi finals for there to be hope they'd stick together for another season. Not so sure now though even if they won an FA Cup 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:47pm
Wrong thread!

Edited by pre Madonna - 08 Mar 2018 at 12:48pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:28pm
Spurs really need to win the FA cup now.

2nd favs behind Man U.

They've been around the top 3/4 teams the last few years but not won anything.
Chelsea / City have the leagues, Man U have the cups. Even Arsenal have a few FA cups.
Spurs and liverpool have nada.

I think the players will stay for next season in the new Stadium but after that who knows. Levy will need to start paying up to keep the stars.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Son was excellent tonight. Trippier didnt cover himself in glory for Dybala's goal. Could only see one winner at HT, definitely threw it a way.
Trippier shocking for the goal. Amateur defending. The RTE lads focus on Lloris being too close to his line, which was a fair comment, but don't mention Trippier. The most basic of defending, just follow the runner. Even if Dybala is ahead of him, he'll get a chance to nick it, or push him wider for a shot. Really poor defending.

I wouldn't doubt that both Trippier and Lloris could have done better, but in all honesty what the absolute f*ck was Ben Davies at for that goal? He rather bizarrely seemed more concerned with staying level with the opposition player on his wing than his own back line! I've played a few seasons of UCD Superleague in the distant past - probably the lowest level of football possible - and I don't think I ever saw someone do that. It was extraordinary to witness at the CL level.

Last night was just the most Spurs thing you could imagine. It was a great achievement to lose from such a commanding position. Juve had almost given up before they got the leveller as well - they had just been methodically hacking down the Spurs players in the 5/10 mins before the first goal.
yep, Davies was shocking also. Really don't know what he was thinking. He was around 10 yards behind the rest of the back 4. It's like he wasn't aware of where he was on the pitch or something!! Trippier really bothered me there though. It was just so lazy, even if Dybala was offside, you react to close him down until the whistle goes. He just stands there with his hand up as Dybala ghosts past him into 30 yards of space. A really awful goal to give up and it has cost them big time.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

2nd favs behind Man U.

They've no CL to worry about now, and with top 4 looking almost secured, everything should be put in to delivering a trophy for them.

Is Davies in the team on merit or is Danny Rose being left out because of the contract issue? Is Rose fully fit at the minute?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 08 Mar 2018 at 2:03pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

2nd favs behind Man U.

They've no CL to worry about now, and with top 4 looking almost secured, everything should be put in to delivering a trophy for them.

Is Davies in the team on merit or is Danny Rose being left out because of the contract issue? Is Rose fully fit at the minute?

A big game against Chelsea at the bridge will have a big impact on top 4. If we lost that they would be only 2 pts behind us.

Reports say not fit but I suspect there may be more to it. 
It would be a surprise if he is still there next Aug. His head has turned.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:13pm
Just seen Pochettino's interview from last night. Very measured and classy in defeat Clap(Reminded me of Hiddink after Chelsea were robbed of 2 penalty claims against Barca in 09) when you compare him to the whingebag trinity of Mourinho, Klopp and Wenger. I don't think Conte or Guardiola are that bad either. 

Unfortunately what Chellini said about Tottenham's history is true, more or less never doing it when it counts is something Spurs won't shake off until they win the league or at least a few domestic cups. 

If United don't win the FA Cup, I'd love to see Spurs do it. 

Edited by irishmufc - 08 Mar 2018 at 8:15pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 8:22pm
I remember writing on here around a year ago that Spurs should target the europa league as they needed to start winning trophies. They went out at the first hurdle to Genk.
Let’s hope they’ve better luck in the fa cup this year
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 6:00pm
Good response from Spurs today.

Harry went off injured tho. Right Ankle injury again.
Hopefully not too serious.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

We sure did

How did your team get on tonight Dinny?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 163164165166167 238>
  Share Topic