You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 238>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Medals and trophies is all that matters and spurs are failures are delivering such things. 
Leicester won the EPL in 2016.
Wigan the FA Cup in 2013.
Swansea the League Cup in 2013 (and Birmingham two years before that).
Shaktar won the Europa League in 2009.
And Porto won the Champions League in 2004.

Where are they all these days?

And would any of them not rather be in Spurs' position just now?

Of course they would but the point is that spurs could easily be in their position in a few years and they will look back at the glory days of 2014-2018 and they will have sod all to show for it.   Spurs being this strong will not last forever and if they do not deliver when they are on top what chance have they when they are back to being mediocre again.    

Ok have been reading the last number of pages of this tripe ....and just now need to pull you up on this ....what you seem to be failing to realise is that ....the future is brighter for Spurs than it ever was before .....training facilities ....best in the UK and soon the be best club ground in the UK ....the blocks are in place ....its not a matter of if ....its a matter of time ....Spurs are moving on to the next level .

It might even be we lose a few more players ...maybe even Poch ....but over time the club is going to grow into something very big .

Clearly I am going to get a whack of abuse about titles etc ....yeah I know all that ...I can count....but I aint talking about the past ....Baldrick ....what I have highlighted above ....those days are over and soon Spurs will be competing for players etc as the revenue streams and fundamentals which have never been there will be in place ....Watch us rise !

There is 0 chance of this club not competing when the new changes are bedded in

soon to be the best club ground If the best club grounds are defined by microbrewries and cheese makers.. Sure the home page of the new stadium says "unrivalled sports and entertainment venue". Smells like an NFL ground to me. Ultimate fan experience for everything but the football.

There is 0 chance of this club not competing when the new changes are bedded in I'd say there is a far greater chance than 0. Going into every season over the next 5 years Spurs are very likely to be behind two or all of City, Chelsea, United and possibly one or both of Liverpool/Arsenal. They've come on leaps and bounds no doubt but they are still more likely to not be challenging for a title than challenging I'don't guess.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 1:19pm

All as bad as each other on the rotw section. Overly sensitive fan boys.
Never a truer word said. You get the odd chap like Gavintheslob who sees things as they are with "their" club. But the rest...it's like a badge of honour,defending their clubs
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 1:49pm
Dele Alli joins the same agency as Ronaldo.....the start of the exodus?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Never knew Alli did any modelling.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Never a truer word said. You get the odd chap like Gavintheslob who sees things as they are with "their" club. But the rest...it's like a badge of honour,defending their clubs
Some seriously sensitive souls alright, yet they openly profess to be open to debate, claim not to be blinded by their respective coloured tinted glasses yet once anyone says anything, no matter how constructive it is, they jump in. Maybe they dont realise it but some people come across as seriously childish, uber defensive and from the tone of their posts and the way they read at least, I can picture them at their keyboards frothing and getting upset at the same time. Its hilarious.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:33pm

How on earth did you come to this conclusion

If he linked up with Raiola I might understand where you’re coming from but Mendes is nowhere near the sort
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So you think they’ll get top 4 this season?
Another way of framing your question would be to ask: "Are Spurs one of the best four teams in England?".

Anyone asking that question even a month ago would have received a unanimous "Yes" in reply.

Of course they've suffered a blip in November which means they have ground to make up, but providing they turn things round pretty quickly, then Yes, I think they will.

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Walker and Rose last season > Trippier/Aurier and Davies IMO 
Fair enough - though Spurs' results during Rose's absence were significantly better than before or after it.

Anyhow, my point is that even though you'd prefer to keep KW and DR (obviously), their absence isn't critical.

Much more damaging imo has been the loss of Wanyama and Alderweireld through injury, since it means Spurs are unable to play their best two defensive midfielders (Wanyama and Dier) as a shield in front of their CB's, which means teams can attack us through the middle, rather than having to try down the flanks. (See the Arsenal defeat, for example, where Ozil esp, Xhaka and Sanchez dominated a lot of the game in that area.)

Edited by Territorial - 06 Dec 2017 at 3:00pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Ok have been reading the last number of pages of this tripe ....and just now need to pull you up on this ....what you seem to be failing to realise is that ....the future is brighter for Spurs than it ever was before .....training facilities ....best in the UK and soon the be best club ground in the UK ....the blocks are in place ....its not a matter of if ....its a matter of time ....Spurs are moving on to the next level .

It might even be we lose a few more players ...maybe even Poch ....but over time the club is going to grow into something very big .

Clearly I am going to get a whack of abuse about titles etc ....yeah I know all that ...I can count....but I aint talking about the past ....Baldrick ....what I have highlighted above ....those days are over and soon Spurs will be competing for players etc as the revenue streams and fundamentals which have never been there will be in place ....Watch us rise !

There is 0 chance of this club not competing when the new changes are bedded in

[/QUOTE]

soon to be the best club ground If the best club grounds are defined by microbrewries and cheese makers.. Sure the home page of the new stadium says "unrivalled sports and entertainment venue". Smells like an NFL ground to me. Ultimate fan experience for everything but the football.

There is 0 chance of this club not competing when the new changes are bedded in I'd say there is a far greater chance than 0. Going into every season over the next 5 years Spurs are very likely to be behind two or all of City, Chelsea, United and possibly one or both of Liverpool/Arsenal. They've come on leaps and bounds no doubt but they are still more likely to not be challenging for a title than challenging I'don't guess.[/QUOTE]

Barna Bee, what do you make of the salaries the players are been paid and how will the club address that, next season and the season after. 

Most people from the outside looking in expect Kane/Ali/Eriksen and others to be sold as they'll leave for the bigger money. And they'd expect that selling these players will push Spurs further behind the other teams in the league
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Most people from the outside looking in expect Kane/Ali/Eriksen and others to be sold as they'll leave for the bigger money. And they'd expect that selling these players will push Spurs further behind the other teams in the league

Would Spurs not be allowed to sign new players with the massive money they get for these players?
When they sold Bale £80M they bought in Eriksen for £12m

A lot of teams are under the same pressure
Arsenal  -  Sanchez and Ozil.
Liverpool -  Countino
Chelsea  - Hazard 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Some seriously sensitive souls alright, yet they openly profess to be open to debate, claim not to be blinded by their respective coloured tinted glasses yet once anyone says anything, no matter how constructive it is, they jump in. Maybe they dont realise it but some people come across as seriously childish, uber defensive and from the tone of their posts and the way they read at least, I can picture them at their keyboards frothing and getting upset at the same time. Its hilarious.

What's hilarious is that I would be considered a spurs fan amongst lads who need to give you a premiership team and these lads on here are still throwing their toys out of the pram when the facts are presented.   They are all as bad as each other too on here.

Edited by Baldrick - 06 Dec 2017 at 10:07pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:58pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

What's hilarious is that would be considered a spurs fan amongst lads who need to give you a partnership team and these lads on here are still throwing their toys out of the pram when the facts are presented.   They are all as bad as each other too on here.
any of the reasonbaly decent posters who voice their actual opinion, get tore to shreds and accused of being a wum . Lads have been accused of supporting rival teams because they dared to have the cheek to voice a reasoned opinion. It bonkers.

Edited by Sham157 - 06 Dec 2017 at 10:01pm
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:05pm
Wage cap is a big issue for Tottenham for sure, spurs have been lucky/ impressive in keepingbwhat they have on board so far so they must be doing something right ... as this can only last so long , we have lost one and will lose more . I’d like to think that when the bigger revenues come in down the line ...Spurs will compete ... right now we are on the edge
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 4:11pm
Good weekend for Spurs.
Comfortable win (should have won by more) and the teams just above us have dropped points.
I still think Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool are fighting for that 4th spot. Only 2 pts between them

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:03pm
Juventus will be interesting. No doubt they will have to be up for it and it will keep the minds focussed Hopefully that bad run of form is over and with players returning from injury things will begin to click into gear again. A win against City in the league would really put a spring back in their step. They've done well against them in recent times and looking forward to the inevitable Ali Walker tussle!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Juventus will be interesting. No doubt they will have to be up for it and it will keep the minds focussed.
The two most recent results notwithstanding, it's hard to deny that Spurs "switched off" a tad after the victory over Real Madrid, so maybe another "big" opponent is best for them?

That said, it's not easy to just switch on again on command, so they really need to keep on performing in domestic games in the meantime (i.e. not just for their Top Four hopes). 

Hopefully that bad run of form is over and with players returning from injury things will begin to click into gear again.
I've been saying for some time that they're missing Wanyama hugely, even more so after Toby got injured, meaning they've had to move Dier back to CB.

A holding two of Dembele and Winks might be good enough against the likes of Stoke, but isn't up to containing the top sides.

Anyhow, whilst Toby may struggle to make Juve (physically fit, but not match fit?), it seems Victor is back in full training, so fingers crossed he could get a few games under his belt before the trip to Turin.

A win against City in the league would really put a spring back in their step. They've done well against them in recent times and looking forward to the inevitable Ali Walker tussle!
No doubt, but in truth, City are playing so well at the moment I'd nearly be happy to see us have a real good go at them even if we were to draw. In fact I'd nearly even take a narrow defeat so long as we performed well.

As for Dele Alli, APOEL and Stoke proved that he's "more London Palladium than Stockport Variety Hall", as the old saying goes!

Maybe he'll turn it on against Juve! Thumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:07pm

Relegation form from Spurs at the moment

Amazing the difference in just 2 weeks.

Back up to 4th and looking good again.

City up next is a big test. Somebody has to stop this run...

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 8:50am
Bit of a turnaround alright! Don't see them beating City though
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 8:52am
What team(s) do ya follow King? You seem to have an irrational hatred of Tottenham recently.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 238>
  Share Topic