Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 238>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

Davinson Sanchez....yes,  I had to Youtube him to see .....but he is a beast and at 20,  looks mature beyond his years .....28mill up front rising to 40 is big money , again too much but thats the market , he will be under the kosh a bit . 

Be interesting to see the formations as this guy is going to want to play 

Wimmer going to West Brom I'd say ......good defender and at 15mill represents decent value in this market

Spurs still need another striker though and possibly a winger too

I think we have being saying this for a few years now.... A Hernandez or Defo would have filled the gap.

Lamela is coming back so that will feel like a new signing. Cant believe he is still only 25 so maybe we are yet to see the best of him.
N'Koudou will get more game time this season.

Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 7:11am
Was at the game yesterday, disappointing result.
Had lots of possession but the final ball was poor. Had more shots and shots on target.
Did enough to draw the game (didn't deserve the win) but Chelsea were clinical.

I think Man U have gotten the much better player in Lukaku. Morata was poor and missed a free header from about 6/7 yeads in the first 10 mins.
We didn't bring Jansen on until the 91st min tells all - we need another striker.

Spurs have Burnley at home next week and really need to win that. They don't want Wembley to become a thing.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:39am
What was the attendance yesterday? Was reading during the week of the chances of there being 20,000 empty seats, but didn't see much of the game.
Was it a full house, or close to?

Looking at the starting Chelsea XI, it shows how good a manager Conte is if he can beat Spurs given the players he was missing
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:40am
Dele Alli was anonymous yesterday
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What was the attendance yesterday? Was reading during the week of the chances of there being 20,000 empty seats, but didn't see much of the game.

Looking at the starting Chelsea XI, it shows how good a manager Conte is if he can beat Spurs given the players he was missing

Or it goes to show how Spurs aren't the brilliant side they are made out to be.

On evidence so far this year anyway

Struggled and didn't look like scoring until Shelvey got sent off vs Newcastle
Looked lost at Wembley and couldn't trouble a Chelsea team missing 2 of their main players.

I think Spurs will struggle this year especially at Wembley as said they looked slightly overawed by the experience.

I agree with the point made yesterday by one of the pundits (can't remember who) that teams are going to be coming to Wembley and treating it like a cup final.

Sanchez is a good signing and will add backup to their defence but they need to go out and get someone to back up Kane. As i feel it's only a matter of time before the lad burns out
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:24am
Spurs struggled big time yesterday. In an attacking sense the only ones who looked capable were Kane and Eriksen.

If Kane get's injured this season for any length of time they are in serious trouble.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:25am
Kane still has never scored a goal in August in the premier league
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:37am

Chelsea had a flat back 5 for most of the game with two holding midfielders sitting pretty deep, very impregnable setup. if they score first, then they'll always be hard to beat.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:38am

It was about 73K but due to security restrictions they weren't allowed fill it to capacity with it being a london Derby.

Chelsea took their chances but Spurs had a lot more chances and the better performance. 
I'd be more worried if they were beat off the park by a chelsea team missing a few players.

But I do think Spurs will struggle this season to get top 4. They have 38 away games.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:17am
Chelsea should have been 1 up within 5 mins. Both teams hit the post, beyond that I can't remember Courtois being tested too much
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:47pm
Not sure you (Lassasinblanc)could say Spurs struggled at any time against what I thought was a very poor effort from Newcastle .....maybe struggled to break them down but it was only a matter of time ....clearly lots of guys losing the plot and writing off Spurs already ...."on the evidence of this year "....you mean the first 2 games of the season?? 

"looked lost at Wembley"???.....with 68% possession 14 corner kicks , more shots on target , off target and blocked than Chelsea....current league champions ?.....yeah right Spurs looked lost at Wembley ....I believe rumours of our demise are a little over stated here at least .

Teams coming to Wembley treating it like a cup final .....great ...they will spend the first 20 mins of the day out like a rabbit in headlights at which point it could be all over for them. I am pretty sure Spurs won't be treating all our home games this year like a Cup final day out ....advantage Spurs here !

Clearly we need to settle in ...this will happen ...probably next weekend against Burnely...with the full house too

This is not a Wembley thing ....its a clear  demonstration that we need another player up front to give us something different when a team like Chelsea comes and scores early and then makes breaking them down a very difficult task. We didn't become a bad side by changing to Wembley ....in time this will be home .

and the transfer window had not closed ...I believe there will be 3 more names this season ( not including Sanchez who looks like a beast!

Word of warning .....Give Toby the money he wants!

Edited by Barna Bee - 21 Aug 2017 at 11:49pm
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It was about 73K but due to security restrictions they weren't allowed fill it to capacity with it being a london Derby.

Chelsea took their chances but Spurs had a lot more chances and the better performance. 
I'd be more worried if they were beat off the park by a chelsea team missing a few players.

But I do think Spurs will struggle this season to get top 4. They have 38 away games.

LOL

Well that's a very defeatest attitude Dougal. 

19 of those 38 away games, they'll have the vast majority of the crowd supporting them. 

You can't blame Wembley for Spurs potentially missing out on top 4. I'm not saying it's not a factor when it clearly is, but it shouldn't be disguising faults and areas where Spurs need to improve upon, should they miss out. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:06am

Not sure you (Lassasinblanc)could say Spurs struggled at any time against what I thought was a very poor effort from Newcastle .....maybe struggled to break them down but it was only a matter of time ....clearly lots of guys losing the plot and writing off Spurs already ...."on the evidence of this year "....you mean the first 2 games of the season?? 

"looked lost at Wembley"???.....with 68% possession 14 corner kicks , more shots on target , off target and blocked than Chelsea....current league champions ?.....yeah right Spurs looked lost at Wembley ....I believe rumours of our demise are a little over stated here at least .

Teams coming to Wembley treating it like a cup final .....great ...they will spend the first 20 mins of the day out like a rabbit in headlights at which point it could be all over for them. I am pretty sure Spurs won't be treating all our home games this year like a Cup final day out ....advantage Spurs here !

Clearly we need to settle in ...this will happen ...probably next weekend against Burnely...with the full house too

This is not a Wembley thing ....its a clear  demonstration that we need another player up front to give us something different when a team like Chelsea comes and scores early and then makes breaking them down a very difficult task. We didn't become a bad side by changing to Wembley ....in time this will be home .

and the transfer window had not closed ...I believe there will be 3 more names this season ( not including Sanchez who looks like a beast!

Would love if United had went for him as he completely nullified Rashford in the Europa final. I know it was only one game but he was excellent and is very quick and strong.

United have Bailly though Wink 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 7:42am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Would love if United had went for him as he completely nullified Rashford in the Europa final. I know it was only one game but he was excellent and is very quick and strong.

United have Bailly though Wink 

Mourinho mentioned a few weeks later that United's plan was to let Sanchez have the ball as his distribution is pretty poor, but as you say he was rapid and strong so should do well.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 8:52am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

LOL

Well that's a very defeatest attitude Dougal. 

19 of those 38 away games, they'll have the vast majority of the crowd supporting them. 

You can't blame Wembley for Spurs potentially missing out on top 4. I'm not saying it's not a factor when it clearly is, but it shouldn't be disguising faults and areas where Spurs need to improve upon, should they miss out. 

Ha, I'm not saying its the only factor but it does play it part.

Even if we were at WHL I think we would struggle to get top 4. Its going to be difficult for everybody to get in... 6 teams into 4 doesnt go.

Chelsea are on par with last year but this is a team that got 93 pts and won 13 in a row.
Man U have massively improved on last year. Matic and Lukaku are great signings. 
Man City have improved with the new wing backs.

I think those three will occupy 1, 2 and 3. 

That leaves one place for Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal. 

Things could change in the next few weeks....

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 7:20pm
Very happy with the draw.
They reason you fight for top 4 is to play big games like Real Madrid and Dortmund.
Be good to see Ronnie and Bale play too.

Celtic are in the same boat. Some great games that the fans will be looking forward too.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:34pm
Losing at home last week and conceding a 92nd minute equaliser today can't be good for their mentality
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:38pm
I know it's early season and it's just my opinion but I reckon spurs struggle to hit similar heights this season. Unbeaten at WHL last season if I'm not mistaken but can't buy a win a Wembley.
Next year probably be another transition year. Great for them in the long run but in the short term it might be hard to keep the team together if they go another year or two without a real challenge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 238>
  Share Topic