Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 238>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 9:44am
LOL
Maybe if it was an IQ competition as you are suggesting, Spurs may actually win something

Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:20am
A very entitled rant. Face it, most players are not being paid what they are worth, they are worth far less than they are receiving, particularly in the Premier League. Spurs are a Champions League club, who have had a few consistently good seasons, I would have thought it is a good place to be in terms of potential trophies. Also, it would appear that he is highly regarded at Spurs, and will play an integral role there.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Some outburst by Danny Rose in today's papers.

Too late Danny, City have already bought a left back, you can stop pleading for them to come and sign you too!

He's seen the cash man city are throwing at English defenders and wants some of that.
He doesn't come across as the smartest tool in the box so would fit in well at Man City.

Kane, Alli, Lloris, Alderweireld etc will be the same at some stage unless Spurs change their wage structure.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Too late Danny, City have already bought a left back, you can stop pleading for them to come and sign you too!

He's seen the cash man city are throwing at English defenders and wants some of that.
He doesn't come across as the smartest tool in the box so would fit in well at Man City.

Kane, Alli, Lloris, Alderweireld etc will be the same at some stage unless Spurs change their wage structure.

Agreed - 
I'm sure they must have some large bonuses built into the pay structure but most of the team could get a lot more at different clubs.
Levi needs to sort it out as the cost of replacing them would be double!

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Moyes was 4th or so choice. Gaurdiola, Klopp and Ancellotti were all ahead of him
And why didn't they get them?

A reluctance to go the extra mile for their wage and transfer kitty demands?

I mean, if City could attract Guardiola, Liverpool Klopp and Chelsea/PSG Ancelotti, then surely Man U could have?

It was fairly well documented, Ancellotti had agreed to PSG (or was it Real), Kloop wouldn't go cause he didn't want to break his contract out of respect to Dortmund and Guardiola had already agreed to move to Bayern. 

Ole Whisky Nose's timing just sucked for once Big smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 4:55pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Agreed - 
I'm sure they must have some large bonuses built into the pay structure but most of the team could get a lot more at different clubs.
Levi needs to sort it out as the cost of replacing them would be double!

If Levy wasn't paying them (approximately) their market "worth", then you can be sure they wouldn't all be signing new contracts every year or two.

As a very astute negotiator, he is getting away with basic salaries which seem "low" by EPL standards.

However, you can be certain that the players' bottom line is a lot more generous than their weekly basic suggests. In other words, their contracts are heavily incentivised for performance and appearances etc.

Re the former, it is not coincidental that Spurs have been finishing higher, and qualifying for the CL etc, handier than ever.

And re the latter, their policy of promoting young players to actually play, rather than have them crowd the bench whilst big fee signings dominate the First XI, must mean that the players are doing all right, appearance and incentive-wise.

I can't say I like the guy, and would certainly never want to have to do business with him, but Levy is nobody's fool and that includes not paying highly sought-after players so poorly that they become easy for rival clubs to lure away.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 5:06pm

Moyes was 4th or so choice. Gaurdiola, Klopp and Ancellotti were all ahead of him

I mean, if City could attract Guardiola, Liverpool Klopp and Chelsea/PSG Ancelotti, then surely Man U could have?

It was fairly well documented, Ancellotti had agreed to PSG (or was it Real), Kloop wouldn't go cause he didn't want to break his contract out of respect to Dortmund and Guardiola had already agreed to move to Bayern.
When highly sought-after managers decide they might want to move, they don't just ring up their preferred destination and say "Gissa job". Their agent prepares the ground carefully over a period, including alerting all potential clubs as to their availability.

Therefore when eg Ancellotti and Guardiola came "into play", Man U will undoubtedly have known. And considering theirs is just as desirable a job as that of PSG or Bayern, then there must be some other reason why those other clubs got them.

Similarly, with Klopp, I daresay he's an honourable guy. But in the end, if Man U had wanted him, and were really prepared to push the boat out for him, they'd have found some way of making both him and Dortmund "an offer they couldn't refuse" - esp since Dortmund must have known it was only a matter of time before Klopp left anyhow.

Instead, they wasted three years of nothing with Moyes and LvG, before finally pushing the boat out for JM, giving him the exorbitant money and transfer wages he demanded.

And all that for a manager who, if Chelsea is anything to go by, might just have his best days behind him. (Not a prediction, btw)

Ole Whisky Nose's timing just sucked for once 
Considering he got out at just the right time, and on a winning note, I'd say Oul Whisky Nose's timing was well-nigh perfect - it was the MU Board who screwed up horribly, in not seeing it coming and/or not having a genuine replacement already lined up.

Edited by Territorial - 10 Aug 2017 at 5:11pm
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:23am
Good Post Territorial 

Rose is coming back after 6 months out last season ....trying to tell us he is not paid what he is worth .....well what is he worth then?

Going to the Sun having  rant to say he wants to win trophies ? ...win trophies or double your wages ? I am not convinced ...where is his loyalty to his team mates and manager ....while he may have a point or two he has gone about this all the wrong way ....who is his adviser? same as Kyle Walkers right ....hmmm

Silly Boy Danny .....and so close the end of Aug and you decide to have a public rant !!!!???

"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:44am
Always a bad sign when players start spouting nonsense like that. I really hope that he's alone and others don't follow trend. Real pity because I think Rose has been the best LB in the PL over the past 2 seasons {Azpilicueta is probably a better player overall but he played CB last season}. Also think to lose Rose would be a much bigger blow to Spurs than losing Walker on the other side was - even with having a very decent back up in Davies there already. Be interesting to see what Pochetino does in response to such farcical public comments from one of his players.
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:56am
Think he will get the Modric treatment until he behaves himself ....probably too late for the guy to leave in this window ....he should train and play and just get on with now until at least Christmas .

I am with you though , hard to replace a good left back ....much harder than a right back to replace 

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:05am
They have Davies though who is quite good. I just think that Rose has been exceptional the past couple of seasons. I think he's a far better player both going forward and defensively that Walker was on the other side. 

He's also clearly an absolute numpty though. Why make those comments publicly?! I never see the benefit of such things. Say it to the manager one on one, say it to your agent, say it to teammates. It's just so stupid. Even if he was dying to leave Spurs, that's what agents are there for, to do all sorts of deals behind the clubs back.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

They have Davies though who is quite good. I just think that Rose has been exceptional the past couple of seasons. I think he's a far better player both going forward and defensively that Walker was on the other side. 

He's also clearly an absolute numpty though. Why make those comments publicly?! I never see the benefit of such things. Say it to the manager one on one, say it to your agent, say it to teammates. It's just so stupid. Even if he was dying to leave Spurs, that's what agents are there for, to do all sorts of deals behind the clubs back.

agents are enjoying their time in the sun. agents names are now bandied around like the top footballer names. rose going to the papers was definitely egged on by his agent, which is I suppose can be seen as a good/bad thing to do. but sure, each to their own
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:55pm

... to lose Rose would be a much bigger blow to Spurs than losing Walker on the other side was - even with having a very decent back up in Davies there already.
Normally I'd have agreed completely, until someone pointed out that after Rose got injured at the end of January, Spurs won 13 of their remaining 15 EPL games, scoring 41 and conceding just 10. Maybe he's not completely indispensable?
Still want to keep him, but if it came to it, I'd not be too unhappy if eg Spurs swapped him for Luke Shaw + £20m.

Be interesting to see what Pochetino does in response to such farcical public comments from one of his players.
Move along folks, nothing to see here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40901082
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:02pm
Cracking second goal.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 4:23pm

When highly sought-after managers decide they might want to move, they don't just ring up their preferred destination and say "Gissa job". Their agent prepares the ground carefully over a period, including alerting all potential clubs as to their availability.

Therefore when eg Ancellotti and Guardiola came "into play", Man U will undoubtedly have known. And considering theirs is just as desirable a job as that of PSG or Bayern, then there must be some other reason why those other clubs got them.

Similarly, with Klopp, I daresay he's an honourable guy. But in the end, if Man U had wanted him, and were really prepared to push the boat out for him, they'd have found some way of making both him and Dortmund "an offer they couldn't refuse" - esp since Dortmund must have known it was only a matter of time before Klopp left anyhow.

Instead, they wasted three years of nothing with Moyes and LvG, before finally pushing the boat out for JM, giving him the exorbitant money and transfer wages he demanded.

And all that for a manager who, if Chelsea is anything to go by, might just have his best days behind him. (Not a prediction, btw)

Ole Whisky Nose's timing just sucked for once 
Considering he got out at just the right time, and on a winning note, I'd say Oul Whisky Nose's timing was well-nigh perfect - it was the MU Board who screwed up horribly, in not seeing it coming and/or not having a genuine replacement already lined up.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10001306/sir-alex-ferguson-says-david-moyes-was-sixth-choice-to-replace-him
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:02pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:08am
The more stories you read like this the more you hate what football has become.

But anyway Spurs looked good at the weekend. Need to play well away from home considering we have 38 away games this year.

Still no signings but I can see the silly price tags putting off the manager/Levy.

Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:25am
Davinson Sanchez....yes,  I had to Youtube him to see .....but he is a beast and at 20,  looks mature beyond his years .....28mill up front rising to 40 is big money , again too much but thats the market , he will be under the kosh a bit . 

Be interesting to see the formations as this guy is going to want to play 

Wimmer going to West Brom I'd say ......good defender and at 15mill represents decent value in this market

Spurs still need another striker though and possibly a winger too

Edited by Barna Bee - 18 Aug 2017 at 12:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 238>
  Share Topic