You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 147>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

SO basically a lilst of who is not there would be a better idea

Guarantee, the Bear and Aido will be in the Old Grandmother every night Wink

Ye then they will go to the pub
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

our lot have booked for 11th - 13th and 15th - 17th

going to head straight to poznan after landing in warsaw - rooms are very pricey in warsaw on the 6th and 7th (which is odd because its a few days before the start) - have good rooms in poznan from 6th to the 9th at €36 a head per night.

the match nights are proving quite difficult in poznan and gdansk

CampsiesThumbs Up
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:38pm
will considered it ger - campsites are a bit far out 10km

have a few irons in the fire yet so will see

would love to stay here http://www.brovaria.pl hotel with brewery right in central poznan - €150 ppn B&B on match nights though
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:39pm
worst comes to the worst tom, stay in Torun the night before the game, and pull and all nighter after we win :)  
Uncle Trap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Trap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:39pm
7 of us booked in from Mon June 11th to end of the group! In Hostel Orange near the main square!Big smile

Hoping we'll get accom in Poznan on the 9th and 10th before heading up to Torun to set up base!

Same with Gdansk, it'll be a case of waiting until Jan to get accom up there for the 14th (or we could all chip in for a private coach, a fiver or so a head on a 50 seater should see us up and brought back down to Torun that night to our base around 2 in the morning out of our trees, just a thought...could be worth exploring...)

Torun is gonna be where its at!! Clap

Edited by Uncle Trap - 03 Dec 2011 at 3:03pm
Given, Dunne, Duff, Keane...The Generals.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:41pm
Must be a good spot if bruce springsteen wrote a song about it
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:06pm
Staying here from the 15th - 19th
First Commander-Galway Regatta
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:07pm

rolo and nvidic plus 4:

Krakow: 6th to 9th. €10 a head per nite. 
Poznan: 9th to 11th. Apartment at €36 a head per nite. 
Bydgosczc: 11th to 13th. €11 a head per nite.
Gdansk: 13th to 15th. €20 a head per nite.
Bydgosczc or Torun: 15th to 17th. €10/12 a head per nite. Depends which one we cancel.
Poznan: 17th to 18th. €24 a head per nite.
Homeless on the 18th till booking.com settle a dispute for us with one sneaky hostel, if not we're not worried, just head back on the early morning train to bygo/torun.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:07pm
JohnW plus 2 for Torun have an apartment booked from 8th - 15th have to come back for a wedding.
Torun: YBIG Home for Euro 2012 Thumbs Up
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:08pm
Myself, the missus and 2 others booked for Torun 11-13 and 15-18 June, changed base from lodz after the draw. Gettin impatient already! In 2 minds whether to book return flight or not cause I know when we get out of group I won't wanna go home!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:17pm
Dont book your flight home if you dont have to.  Stick a few bob on us qualifying out of the group and if we do, then that covers some of the cost of the next round. 

No advantage of booking a flight home in my view, unless you have to go home
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:34pm
we have booked for 11th - 13th and 15th - 17th.
Rossieman +4
irishtoon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishtoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:35pm
my problem is some place the stay the day before and the night of the match  i was thinking campsites but i wanted to hold out but on booking.com it says the campsite is going to hold out soon what are others doing?

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:41pm
http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/11489/Trip-Warsaw-Toru-14

This lad has a blog on his travesl around Poland.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:43pm
This town seems like a great find. I'll i'll have to join people in the orange hostel.
The dark side.. And the light
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 4:19pm
for any of yous booked into orange hostel were did you book it from cant find it on booking.com 
Handy View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Handy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 4:25pm
Myself + 2 in Orange Plus hostel, from 8th -16th. Will get campsite or some such for matchdays. An hour's kip on a bench before a 6am train would even suffice for those days.
Uncle Trap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Trap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 4:59pm
hostelsclub.com buddy, its not on booking.com

Hope you get sorted!Thumbs Up
Given, Dunne, Duff, Keane...The Generals.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 147>
  Share Topic