You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

This is all a bit mad to me. Lads went to Torun for weeks, liked it, loved it.  Good for them. Other lads went to Torun for a few days and thought it was alright. Good for them as well. Some lads didn't like Gdansk, mainly because it was raining (they must really hate Ireland). Fellas saying Poznan was a 'rip off' because they paid € 3 for a beer instead of € 2.20. But above all, it seems most are congratulating themselves on their choice of Polish destination. I would like to add my congratulations to everyone, including myself, for their excellent choices, which were better than everybody else's. 

Just one last thing, if I remember rightly, on one of the travel threads in the whatever section, Sono once claimed Milan was a class spot/not in fact a concrete sh*thole, which pretty much renders every single point he has made on this thread irrelevant.........

LOLLOLLOL Clap

I suppose it does sound daft when you think about it. True to form Deise I was in the middle of this irrelevent pint pricing Embarrassed

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

This is all a bit mad to me. Lads went to Torun for weeks, liked it, loved it.  Good for them. Other lads went to Torun for a few days and thought it was alright. Good for them as well. Some lads didn't like Gdansk, mainly because it was raining (they must really hate Ireland). Fellas saying Poznan was a 'rip off' because they paid € 3 for a beer instead of € 2.20. But above all, it seems most are congratulating themselves on their choice of Polish destination. I would like to add my congratulations to everyone, including myself, for their excellent choices, which were better than everybody else's. 

Just one last thing, if I remember rightly, on one of the travel threads in the whatever section, Sono once claimed Milan was a class spot/not in fact a concrete sh*thole, which pretty much renders every single point he has made on this thread irrelevant.........

I liked Milan, clearly you didn't, hardly nullifys what I have said.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:26pm
It does to me LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 1:50am
Fair enough, as I said everyone's experience of places is different.

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 1:33pm
Don't get the special bond thing with polish people either.....If qualify for the next euros people will be going on about the same 'bond' with that countries people,so it's all bollocks.saying that I've been back to poznan and had a decent rip....I wouldn't paint it the way it was in the euros as it was a totally different place.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Don't get the special bond thing with polish people either.....If qualify for the next euros people will be going on about the same 'bond' with that countries people,so it's all bollocks.saying that I've been back to poznan and had a decent rip....I wouldn't paint it the way it was in the euros as it was a totally different place.

Do ya like the city juicebomb? I didnt think it was a nice place at all, as bad as bratislava imo
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 2:18pm
Went with the missus irishmufc....it's was quiet the Friday night but the sat night was as good as any night here.during the day we rambled around the place and found a massive shopping Center that you,d spend a week in.like most of the places in Poland it's grand for 2/3 days but that's it,but I did find poznan much cheaper than it was in the euros and that alone would temp ya back.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 3:47pm
There have been special links with Galway and Torun which will be strengthened when we bring the Galway U15 team over on the 28th June for a Tournament on the invitation of the Mayor of Torun. A delegation from Torun visited Galway in February and Met the President of the University,Chamber of Commerce,The Mayor and were special guests of the FAI at the Poland Game..

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 4:29pm
Wouldn't say they where to impressed with Galway........
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Wouldn't say they where to impressed with Galway........

Nicest city in Ireland by a country mile and class for women
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 6:37pm
Did you sit on a nettle juicebomb
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:30am
Torun is obviously the greatest town of all time , having never been there and never ever being likely to go there to me it seems like a cross between brigadoon , atlantis , puckaun and eyre square during rag week .  it is has already put in bids for the next G7 , bilderberg group , Euro 2022 host city and for the rose of tralee, this is not the last we will be hearing of torun lads, testament to how a year later lads are still going on about the feckin place. i can only reiterate my old signature that i had up for a few months. Torun , Me Hole !!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Torun is obviously the greatest town of all time , having never been there and never ever being likely to go there to me it seems like a cross between brigadoon , atlantis , puckaun and eyre square during rag week .  it is has already put in bids for the next G7 , bilderberg group , Euro 2022 host city and for the rose of tralee, this is not the last we will be hearing of torun lads, testament to how a year later lads are still going on about the feckin place. i can only reiterate my old signature that i had up for a few months. Torun , Me Hole !!

Was there last month and going over again next month. It's a special place for me (as a ginger) as I got to smash in some front doors.

Will be hoping to move over there after xmas and have a go at teaching english as the woman will be doing her masters for 2 years there.
ballymacB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballymacB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 6:40pm

I'm from puckaun??? It's not that great where did you get that reference

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 1:25am
Was there weekend before last 27c jam packed with tourists and amazing value for Money. Irish Festival being started on a small scale this year with plans for a bigger one next year. Were bringing an under 15 squad over for a tournament on June 28th.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 7:47pm
http://www.torun.pl/pl/mala-irlandia this is the start of Torun working toward a full blown Irish Festival in 2014.
ApartmentsTorun View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ApartmentsTorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:17pm
The beach volleyball is back on at the moment. The sun has been shining and it's speedway season and while spending a lot of time here, I never get bored!

Oh and in Torun the locals still think Irish football fans are the best and hope to see everybody back here soon!

All the best,

Patrick
http://vistulaapartments.com/
http://apartmentstorun.com/
Irish Owned Apartments in the Heart of Torun
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by ballymacB ballymacB wrote:

I'm from puckaun??? It's not that great where did you get that reference

LOL was there about 3 weeks ago
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147>
  Share Topic